Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup 2022 Qualifier: Iran - Iraq: Info, Updates & Live Reports (15.06.2021)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing you really do have to give skocic credit for in addition to final result is the mental side of shit.

He read our guys, regrouped them after previous disasters, did not let them get bogged down in the past/hard conditions or injustices, and kept them super calm on the pitch. There were not close calls, hotheaded instances, surrounding ref, etc.

I thought hardest situation for this team would be 0-0 at HT in one of these games. In Bahrain game we were horrible in first half, but somehow didnt lose composure and came out for second half and killed them. Thats huge. Not losing concentration with all iraqi diving and bs and mindgames, huge too.

For all his tactical shortcomings, lack of clear playing style, weird player selection, he was on the money with mental prep.

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
      Iran 1 Iraq 0
      most of that 60% must have come from first half, because the entire second half i was a nervous wreck!

so it says we have 5 yellows to iraqs 2, even though referee was inconsistent with carding them. I wonder what the total foul count was?

Comment

^ Baba he meant guard number 7 of Iraq team. Pls dont create HASHIEH.
        loool my bad then

Comment

Other thing I would give him credit for is trusting Moharrami over Rezaeian. Turned out to be a wise decision.

Comment

It took me a while to realize that the only home game that we had during this WCQ Round was Against Cambodia. So we could capitalize on our home advantage ONLY against the Team that we would defeat even with 7 players on the field, playing in a backyard of Phnom Penh. CRAZY!

Comment

The 2nd half was miserable despite few scoring chances. We were just defending and counting on counters. It would give you the impression we are playing against a world class team.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                The 2nd half was miserable despite few scoring chances. We were just defending and counting on counters. It would give you the impression we are playing against a world class team.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
                Agree, but to be fair we didn't look good against Iraq even under CQ, so i give credit to Iraqi-Team, they are def. no joke and ranked as the 5th or at least 6th best Team in Asia.
                The game starts to turn in our favor when Ghoddus, MiMo and later Ghaedi enter the field, there are still many weak-point that needs to be addressed but for now the mission is accomplished. This was one of the hardest Task TM had ever to face. 4 away games against two of our major Rivals in Westasia.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                  It took me a while to realize that the only home game that we had during this WCQ Round was Against Cambodia. So we could capitalize on our home advantage ONLY against the Team that we would defeat even with 7 players on the field, playing in a backyard of Phnom Penh. CRAZY!
                  Yessir, as a matter of fact we were the ONLY team in the world who played 7 out of their 8 WCQ matches away. Something to cherish and be proud of. The value of these 4 games 12 points come into play when you realize that we played all these matches in one of the most hostile countries/environments possible. I know the place of the event equally applied to all 5 teams, however Bahrain has always been the toughest and rudest host against TM out of all other Asian countries. Their terrible hospitality and treatment of TM is notorious to all of us the old timers. Not to mention we played one more game as one of our first leg matches was still remained unplayed.

Comment

Originally posted by Futbolista View Post
                    Other thing I would give him credit for is trusting Moharrami over Rezaeian. Turned out to be a wise decision.
                    should not have been controversial to anybody. Rezaeian players for lower table Qatari team...usually as a RW. Moharrami just earned a new bumper deal at dinamo zagreb, cemented himself as first choice RB when fit, and was part of one of the best backlines in europe statistically during EL this season, all while showing crazy defensive efficiency in domestic play that was noted by fans and analysts.

His technique is head and shoulder above ramin, and even with a bad injury at end of season (basically his first games since) he still put in great performances.

This is a big upgrade for TM.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                      Are there any interviews with TM-players after the game?
                      EZZA interview after the game

Comment

Full game; High quality (Arabic) for our video editors or late bloomers

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                        We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

I say sardar is way too nice to Iraqis:

https://twitter.com/AghaImran13/stat...73300900081664
                          We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

Comment

Azmoun is a classy guy. He's friends with Safaa Hadi, as they both play in the Russian Premier League.
                            And every Persepolis fan knows that Bashar Resan is a super classy and likeable guy.
                            That being said, Azmoun is still a savage for posting this on his story

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvwbAv0CrdY
                              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

most of them be like, oh not this guy he will score against us and then he did!
                                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Working...
                                X