Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup 2022 Qualifier: Iran - Iraq: Info, Updates & Live Reports (15.06.2021)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations, off to the next round and hopefully we don’t have such a nerve racking experience again. But that ref was such an dick. AFC is not done with us yet. On the coach I guess he did what he promised. Hopefully for the next round we have more friendlies our back line has not been this shaky for a while.
    United We Stand, One nation one heart one goal

Comment

Congratulations to all of us here. All these Arab nations when they play us they play AntiIran football. This is why they are difficult to beat. It has been like that since I remember.
      Uzbeck ref was very obviously also playing AntiIran as I predicted. He was in favour of a draw which would have sent Iraq through as top of the table and leave Iran with only 10 points. With Saudis also being AntiIran they would have helped the Uzbekis through.
      But this Iran squad deserves to be in the WC and is capable of advancing the group stage from bar a few players who should retire from international football.
      هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
      نگاه میکنید.
      sigpic
      I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

so how does the next round work? and when?

Comment

Agha kheyli haal daad to win all our games and top our group. Let’s face it, after that horrendous Wilmots’ display many of us got dismayed or even discouraged losing hope, however our boys proved their worth. Let’s not be too hard on Skocic. He has had 7 games, 7 wins so far. Hamashoon khaste nabaashan. They played great and beat the injustice imposed against our team. We played 7 out of our total 8 games away. Love Team Melli

Now let’s rock Germany vs France [emoji2][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In defense of Taremi: yes he made 1 to 2 bonehead moves, but he was still intrumental to the win and his cross to Azmoun was perfect.

In defense of Azmoun: yes, he could have burried that perfect Taremi cross, but it was not a 100% sure goal and the Iraqi goali did very well. He also had an offside goal (WAY offside) and looked tired from the beginning on.

I won't come down hard on them or anyone else at this point. We beat Iraq. We#re first in the group. We won four games straight in the Bahraini sauna, etc. etc. etc.

Sometimes it's not the minutae that count, but the end result.

Congrats to the entire team and supporting cast and all Iranina football fans!

On to the 3rd and final round!

Comment

Tabrik be hameh
              This was the hardest group in all of the AFC WCQ groups
              This Iran team will be changed again by September
              We will be much readier and better for the 3rd round qualifiers.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                We won 4 games in Bahrain people! Horrible place to play (and watch) football!
                Dame bacheha garm.
                Conditions would have been the same for all the teams but I do agree that they were not ideal. I sometimes wonder whether playing in front of 80+k in the Azadi is an advantage but I do remember the atmosphere when we played S. Korea many years ago.
                “I swear it upon Zeus an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.” - Socrates

Comment

A bit of a nail-biter but the boys made us proud! Thank you TM for your hard work and dedication!

Comment

Originally posted by ParthianDE View Post
                    We had to win back to back games under difficult circumstances so I completely agree. We topped the group which we should have done but with the awful start we had I think we can be pleased with the outcome.

Personally, I hope we don't draw too many Arab teams (not because I have anything against them) as we tend to struggle more against them.
                    “I swear it upon Zeus an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.” - Socrates

Comment

so i gather Iraq is through too to next round ?

we still got a lot of work to do to fine-tune TM for success in next round..!!
                      my gutter wc vacation trip is back on the schedule..!!
                      Bacheha Motchakerim..!!

Comment

Originally posted by ParthianDE View Post
                        In defense of Taremi: yes he made 1 to 2 bonehead moves, but he was still intrumental to the win and his cross to Azmoun was perfect.

In defense of Azmoun: yes, he could have burried that perfect Taremi cross, but it was not a 100% sure goal and the Iraqi goali did very well. He also had an offside goal (WAY offside) and looked tired from the beginning on.

I won't come down hard on them or anyone else at this point. We beat Iraq. We#re first in the group. We won four games straight in the Bahraini sauna, etc. etc. etc.

Congrats to the entire team and supporting cast and all Iranina football fans!

On to the 3rd and final round!
                        Taremis pressing at the end was invaluable, not to mention getting the crucial foul in the corner to kill time with beautiful dribble. It wasnt his best game as he was marked tight but still a beast off the ball and gave great passes.

ARJ on the other hand goes from bad to worse in TM shirt

Comment

Full of joy for every Iranian in the world and especially TM players and staff. Here are the highlights. ENJOY!

https://video.varzesh3.com/video/234...A7%D8%B5%DB%8C

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                            It is a shame that he hasn't kicked on since his move to England. I had high hopes for him but he struggled throughout qualifying. I hope he can rediscover his form but at this point in time I'd rather see others getting play time over him.

Comment

I think the heat was really bad today. Boys looked gassed in second half.

Easily could have scored 3 or 4 and limited iraq to 1 chance which was typical kanani retard play.

So overall very solid. We never even had such a convincing game vs iraq in CQ times, nevermind in such poor pitch + weather conditions so all things considered good job.
                              In 2015 we played Iraq in a friendly game and beat them 1-0. We also missed many chances there. Also in the Asian cup match we had a good performance against them until Pooladis red card.

Comment

Taremis pressing at the end was invaluable, not to mention getting the crucial foul in the corner to kill time with beautiful dribble. It wasnt his best game as he was marked tight but still a beast off the ball and gave great passes.

I don't understand why he is held to a higher standard than the likes of Gholizadeh (who the coaches literally had to yell at most of the 2nd half to cover his defensive duties). Sure he killed one counter by being too selfish and turned the ball over once with a bad touch, but he was defensively great, and distributed the ball pretty well.

I don't want to be negative after a win, but there are definitely players who played equal or worst than him today.

Comment

Working...
                                X