Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup 2022 Qualifier: Iran - Iraq: Info, Updates & Live Reports (15.06.2021)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ht
    1-0

Comment

They invest on the ref every time

Comment

iraq has done like 10 tactical fouls, no yellow cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
          Folks,

Next racial slur, racist comments will warrant a 1-month ban!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Thank you. Let’s keep the racism away from football

Comment

Iraqis are tired. We have to keep playing physical with them.

Nourollahi has been great but should be subbed. Take JB out and bring Ghodoos in. Rest of the team has been ok, but we can be better.

Keep playing tough and smart. This Iraqi team is looking to trap us with fouls and play acting.

Comment

take off players with yellows. cant risk losing a man in 2nd half

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                I never seen tm play with so much
                Patience in aBIG GAME
                That credit goes to skocic

2nd half
                Must sub
                Jb and ahmadnoor both yellow card
                And this ref lools card happy
                agreed on all counts here

Comment

HT Iran 1 - 0 Iraq

chronological comments

#11 Iraqi player got a yellow

some drama with a collision between Beiranvand and Iraqi player, but amiably resolved with no cards

Ezza with a stupid and dangerous giveaway, but wins it back a few Iraqi passes later.

Azmoun goal but WAY offside

~28 min Iran gets very close to a goal, but it comes to nothing

31mins water break, I hope Taremi is not seriously hurt...

Azmoun goal! 10 mins to go in regular time. Seconds before I was thinking how important it would be for Irtan to score before HT.

39+mins: Iran just endlessly passing the ball around in midfield.

40mins. And almost gets punished. Iraq close to a dangerous goal opportunity.

~41 Jahanbaksh gets a yellow (not sure if legit)

44:22 Iraq shot on goal. But harmless into the hands of Beiro.

2mins extra time

46:50 Great job Iran winning the back the ball

HT, Iran in possession
                  Lots of fouls on both sides, Iran leads by a goal. So far so good. Iran has plenty of jokers left on the bench. Let's see what the second half brings.

Comment

I can't believe I'm saying this but

Best players in the first half: Hajsafi and Nourollahi

Worst players in the first half: Gholizadeh and ARJ

Now take off ARJ and Nourollahi because if I see a red card i'm going to lose my sh*t

Comment

Damn as GayJ's biggest supporter, he really sucks. Pottard 1 Ehsan 0
                      Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

we need Saman in at HT for alireza who's on Yellow already
                        need more assured possession in MF and control of tempo and then pounce once the iraquies overcommit forward..!

Comment

It wasn't a pretty half but considering the Australia - Jordan match is tied 0-0 and it started half an hour before our match we didn't need to take unnecessary risks.

Let's face it, we're not playing at home with crazy heat and our last 4 results against Iraq since 2015 left much to be desired - not to mention we've been playing much better in the 2nd half.

Overall, I think we should all be happy with the performance despite being bland and lacking inspiration.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                            I can't believe I'm saying this but

Best players in the first half: Hajsafi and Nourollahi

Worst players in the first half: Gholizadeh and ARJ

Now take off ARJ and Nourollahi because if I see a red card i'm going to lose my sh*t
                            Agree, but Gholi gave a wonderful pass that split the Iraqi amazingly. Sometimes you need your technical player to just give you a moment of genius.

Comment

You ppl complaining about the ref are acting like you’re watching an AFC ref for the first time. 99% of AFC refs would have fallen for safa hadi’s diving antics and let it slide, given the penalty on shoja for a handball (it was a close call), would have given adnan ali that dangerous position FK outside of the box at the end of the half…..this ref did none of that and all of his cards were fair. He just missed a card on Mohanad Ali other than that a very fair 45 mins from him and better than any of the Iran-Iraq games of recent years.
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

JB yellow card wasn't a yellow imo but maybe felt he needed it to control the game

Thank God for Azmoun goal before half time

Comment

Working...
                                X