Dragan Skočić Appreciation Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
    Why is that crazy? Have you seen what shape Iraq, Syria, Lebanón and UAE are in? I have never seen them this bad.

It's only logical to compare results vs the only team that could potentially give us a hard time in this group.
    This is the first time in a long time we have players on the same level as Korea.

In 2014 and 2018 Korea had better players but with the help of CQ kabir we closed the gap and managed to get 10 out of 12 points.
    Even during the miserable 2010WCQ Daei and Ghotbi combo did better than him. Mind you, that Korean team was insanely good and reached 2nd round of 2010 WC.

On the other hand Skocic has failed in both games vs Korea. We looked absolutely clueless in Tehran and the Seoul game was just terrible.
    The only difference was our star players managed to salvage 1 pt in Tehran. In Seoul however, there was no one to save his ass.
    Did you Read my Di Matteo example? Then you have the answer. Also Skocic Got more points against the small teams than CQ and all the others. So what? You cant compare result in a time span of 10 years, betweeen different teams, different players and different circumstances (players missing, already qualified and so on)

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
      Man some of you guys overrate the crap out of Iran no offense

You'd think we're expected to make the round of 16 each time... Skocic isn't perfect but his record speaks for itself. Even with Klopp or Pep at manager we'd need lots of luck to not get knocked out of the group stages
      I think we should get Poya Asbaghi. Give the guy a couple of years and he will do wonders with what we have

Comment

Originally posted by Shantaram View Post
        I think we should get Poya Asbaghi. Give the guy a couple of years and he will do wonders with what we have
        yes ofcourse just like he did wonders with barnsley right? or with ifk göteborg?

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
          I’m sick of these other group comparisons. They mean nothing. Since I was a kid, whenever TM qualified people would say
          “oh our group is weak bla bla” and then the results in the World Cup would negate that for the most part. Qualification in Asia is one thing, performing in the World Cup is another.
          generally speaking a sorta of a true statement... "there are no Easy WCQ groups..!" but in this case .... considering how we simply bottled it twice and failed rather miserably against the only other formidable opponent in our group ....!!
          imo fans certainly every legitimate reason to question eskoocher's true caliber as an international level coach... !! especially with the much anticipated WC looming large where even getting grouped with teams of similar caliber of SK would justifiably be considered a very favorable draw..!!

normally a coach with his sorta winning percentage and record can easily shake off a loss like the last SK outing as an off day at the office and a small bump in the road to WC .... !! especially considering the many pre-game challenges we faced with key starters missing out and inadequate timing for pre-game preparations...!!
          but the very questionable starting 11, playing too many players outa their natural position, his rather pathetic game-management and reactions from sideline to remedy the snafu on-pitch situation were all alarming signs that the successful spell of WCQ games prior he may well have been primarily courtesy of his formidable usual starting 11, who have all been some of the best in the continent in their positions and all groomed by his predecessor CQ..!
          i mean missing even one key Starter (Taremi) vs Lebanon away nearly caused us a cluster fk of a team performance and nearly an embarrassing defeat..! he got super lucky there getting his ass bailed out by sardar very late in the game..!etc etc.
          sure he brilliantly got us outa of a huge hole in in last round of WCQs and qualified us with relative ease to world cup ... and he certainly was a tremendous bang for the buck for TM on most all fronts, especially so at a time when IFF was broke as a joke and unable to attract any coach of even slightly higher perceived international caliber (even so domestically) ...!
          Nonetheless, legitimate questions still surround his overall coaching quality/caliber and whether he posses the sufficient coaching quality to be able to earn us respectable results vs far more formidable challenges to come at WC...??

other remaining legit qualms of eskoocher is his utter lack of appreciation and respect for calling up players who ri$k their career earnings playing in much tougher European leagues..! and even far more disconcerting issue with continued helm in charge of TM though WC is that he clearly lacks the Authority and Respect and certainly the guts to challenge the often corrupt Footballing Authorities in our Federation and Above (the way CQ used to do) and hold them accountable to providing his TM with the vital necessities in order to be successful at WC ....! top that off with yielding to wishes of our goozoo selfish local coaches demands and inviting footballers to camp who have no business being anywhere near the TM picture..!!

ps
          i think regardless of all the above he has earned the right to remain in charge for the time being .... but he has to have a resounding response from his own and his TM in the next match and i want to see him hold our footballing authorities feet to fire and force them to commit more money and time to his WC Preparations program and want to see him invite some much needed younger backup cover for few positions on the pitch where we are severely lacking in quality options moving forward..!

he drops the ball again in our next match with another disjointed and cluster fk team performance like the last and he needs to GTFO there immediately ..!

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
            We have a mutiny on our hands boys ... first Mehdi, now it seems Sardar?

When your two best players don't agree with you - the impending will happen ...

ffs
            is this shit for real..?? 😧

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
              ffs

is this shit for real..?? 😧
              🔺️واکنش استیلی به غیبت عجیب آزمون در تمرین/ اختلافات در تیم ملی بالا گرفت؟

🔸️مدیر تیم ملی فوتبال ایران دلیل عجیبی را برای غیبت سردار آزمون در تمرین امروز این تیم ارائه کرد!

🔸️حمید استیلی درباره شرایط میزبانی مشهد از دیدار تیم*های ملی فوتبال ایران و لبنان اظهار داشت: باید از مسئولان استان خراسان رضوی تشکر کنم که از ابتدای ورود ما فوق*العاده خوب کار کردند و میزبانی قابل توجهی داشتند. از مسئولان هتل و فرودگاه تشکر می*کنم. شرایط زمین تمرین هم خوب بود. امروز از ورزشگاه امام رضا(ع) دیدار داشتیم و شرایط زمین هم خوب بود. امیدوارم تا روز بازی این زمین غلطک بخورد تا بهتر شود.

🔸️وی افزود: رختکن و VIP ورزشگاه را هم دیدیم. همه شرایط خوب است و امیدوارم هواداران هم در ورزشگاه حضور داشته باشند تا دیدار فوق العاده خوبی با حضور آنها داشته باشیم.

🔸️مدیر تیم ملی فوتبال ایران درمورد وضعیت بازیکنان گفت: همه بازیکنان در شرایط خوب و ایده*آلی هستند. تست کرونای آنها منفی شده است. البته یک تا دو بازیکن دیر به ما ملحق می*شوند اما امیدوارم تا ۲ روز دیگر تیم با ترکیب کامل تمرین کند.

🔸️استیلی درخصوص دلیل غیبت سردار آزمون در تمرین امروز، پاسخ داد: به دلیل مقداری خستگی تمرین نکرد. امیدوارم از فردا و دوشنبه همه بازیکنان در اختیار ما باشند.

Did Estili's reaction to the strange absence of the test in training / disputes in the national team increase?

یرThe manager of the Iranian national football team presented a strange reason for the absence of Sardar Azmoun in today's training of this team!

Hamid Estili said about the conditions of Mashhad hosting the match between the national football teams of Iran and Lebanon: I must thank the officials of Khorasan Razavi province who worked extremely well from the beginning of our arrival and had a considerable host. Thanks to the hotel and airport officials. The condition of the training ground was also good. Today we visited Imam Reza (AS) Stadium and the ground conditions were good. I hope this field rolls on the day of the game to get better.
              افزود He added: We also saw the locker room and VIP of the stadium. All the conditions are good and I hope that the fans will be present in the stadium so that we can have a great match with them.

🔸️The manager of the Iranian national football team said about the condition of the players: "All the players are in good and ideal condition." Their corona test is negative. Of course, one or two players will join us late, but I hope the team will train with a full squad in two days.

لیAstili answered about the reason for the absence of the test captain in today's training: he did not train due to some fatigue. I hope that all players will be available to us from tomorrow and Monday.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CblAqGXsR5U/
              "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                In 2007ACQ and 2018WCQ TM had also already qualified before the second match vs Korea. We still didn't lose against them.

Iran-Korea is never a friendly match, no matter the circumstances.
                Lol you're going to ignore that CQ drew with SYRIA in Tehran once we qualified? Losing to Korea in Seoul is much more reasonable that drawing to bombed out Syria at home.

The hysteria right now about Skocic is unbearable. Iranian fans are going to divide this team before we even have a chance at the WC.

What happened to 80 Million People, One Nation, One Heartbeat? You all forgot it now that CQ left? Did he teach us nothing about unity in times of adversity?

Comment

Originally posted by Kian H View Post
                  Did you Read my Di Matteo example? Then you have the answer. Also Skocic Got more points against the small teams than CQ and all the others. So what? You cant compare result in a time span of 10 years, betweeen different teams, different players and different circumstances (players missing, already qualified and so on)
                  Did you read what i wrote about the smaller teams?

Lebanon: CQ lost 1-0 away to Lebanon in 2014WCQ. That Lebanon team almost managed to beat S.Korea twice in the same qualifiers. They won 2-1 in one game and had a 1-0 lead until the 97th minute in the other game.
                  We whooped their asses 4-0 later in Tehran Tehran during the same qualifiers. Lebanon was much stronger back then.

Syria: CQ drew twice vs Syria in 2018WCQ. The first game doesn't even count as it was played on mud in Malaysia. Second game was 2-2 in Azadi( 93th minute Soma equalizer). That Syrian team almost beat Australia in the playoffs( hit the post in the 120 minute) and would probably have qualified for the WC if they had played Honduras afterwards. They were much stronger back then.

Iraq: Iraqi team was great during 2015-2019. They drew in Tehran with both Japan and Australia during 2018WCQ. After covid they have been absolutely terrible.

Smaller teams in asia have gotten worse since CQ left. Our team basically still consists of the same players as under CQ. The difference is that many of them are now at their peak, which makes our team a lot better.
                  With this in mind, the only real competiton was against S.Korea. And Skocic failed, big time.
                  Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by ABalls View Post
                    Lol you're going to ignore that CQ drew with SYRIA in Tehran once we qualified? Losing to Korea in Seoul is much more reasonable that drawing to bombed out Syria at home.
                    The hysteria right now about Skocic is unbearable. Iranian fans are going to divide this team before we even have a chance at the WC.
                    What happened to 80 Million People, One Nation, One Heartbeat? You all forgot it now that CQ left? Did he teach us nothing about unity in times of adversity?
                    Syria: CQ drew twice vs Syria in 2018WCQ. The first game doesn't even count as it was played on mud in Malaysia. Second game was 2-2 in Azadi( 93th minute Soma equalizer). That Syrian team almost beat Australia in the playoffs( hit the post in the 120 minute) and would probably have qualified for the WC if they had played Honduras afterwards. They were much stronger back then.

Hysteria is justified. We won't have a chance with Skocic in the WC.

CQ taught us that with big coach anything is possible. But we have not learned our lesson and are on the verge of bringing a nobody like Skocic to the WC.
                    Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

^so estili says that Sardar didnt join the most recent team training session due to Fatigue..? and he will join up tomorrow and monday..?

maybe he is just dealing with a slight head cold and general fatigue..? or likely there maybe more to his absence not being disclosed..?

he didnt play all that hard last match ... but not really due to fault of his own ... he was well isolated uptop there were not much more that he coulda done to help our dire game situation..? i dont imagine he woulda been too pleased to be subbed out either..? especially again considering the game situation.. that certainly was yet another retarded seeming, head scratcher decision from eskoocher on top of many more from him that day..!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                        I'm not a huge fan of Skocic, he has a lot of flaws, but please can anyone tell me how hiring some random "big named" manager is gonna actually give a sh*t about our football in a span of 2-3 months?
                        All it's going to do is divide our football more... Guys like Leo Jardim don't give a crap about Iran, they just want lots of money in a short period of time. Do you think they know anything about PGPL? big LOL...
                        Plus Iran is not "expected" to go to the round of 16. That's just rubbish... Rather, going to the round of 16 would be exceeding expectations. 75% of the teams in the World Cup are better than us, and 75% maybe even generous... We need lots of luck and as much preparations as possible. IFF needs to step it up but unfortunately we all know how useless they are...
                        Spot on post!

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                          My biggest concern is what happens after this World Cup. I posted a while back that most of our current squad are going to be 30+ by the next World Cup and we have a limited amount of young players coming through. I want a manager who is going to bring though and slowly implement these younger players. I am not convinced that Skocic is the man to do that at all.
                          Skocic isn't the responsible of our young players not living the expectations. From reza shekari, to taha shariati, even ghaedi or ezza, they all have a good excuse to completly fk their career. Even CQ trust Torabi a lot in NT, what was the result?

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                            ^so estili says that Sardar didnt join the most recent team training session due to Fatigue..? and he will join up tomorrow and monday..?

maybe he is just dealing with a slight head cold and general fatigue..? or likely there maybe more to his absence not being disclosed..?

he didnt play all that hard last match ... but not really due to fault of his own ... he was well isolated uptop there were not much more that he coulda done to help our dire game situation..? i dont imagine he woulda been too pleased to be subbed out either..? especially again considering the game situation.. that certainly was yet another retarded seeming, head scratcher decision from eskoocher on top of many more from him that day..!!
                            Given how little Sardar played for BL thus far maybe Skocic subbed him out and gave him a rest day for load management purposes...he hasn't looked like Sardar at all this year and seeing how BL is easing him I think it's justifiable for him to have a maintenance day.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                            Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                              Skocic isn't the responsible of our young players not living the expectations. From reza shekari, to taha shariati, even ghaedi or ezza, they all have a good excuse to completly fk their career. Even CQ trust Torabi a lot in NT, what was the result?
                              That’s not what I’m saying. I am saying that soon we are going to have build a new team/even most of the squad and that I don’t think Skocic is the right man for that. After this World Cup it would be good to have someone in place with a long term project. Skocic was brought in as a stop gap and his results have defied expectations and he has stayed in the job longer than we thought.

Comment

when did skokic give a **** about Iran though ... he was a well known Dalal I mean what foreign coach accepts a job at Khoneh be Khoneh in Azadegan..

Comment

Working...
                                X