Dragan Skočić Appreciation Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kian H View Post
    But we Will probably finish 3rd or 4th regardless of which coach we have. We Will be underdogs no matter what. For us to advance, we need the last piece of luck, which we never have.
    I dont see Skocic as a tactical mastermind, but He has gotten some good result and build a momentum.
    Please, look at the group. Do you think he could do the same thing in the other group?

Comment

Originally posted by Shantaram View Post
      Please, look at the group. Do you think he could do the same thing in the other group?
      We were seeded 1st, which means if we were in the other group, it Would be instead of Japan.
      Of course it Would be much harder against Australia and Saudi Arabia, but it wouldnt be impossible for us to qualify. I still believe we could do it, but it Would be harder

And I only here critic, but no solutions. Say Skocic is fired today, who Can we bring in? Who wants to come in? And what about camps and friendlies. If we are lucky we get a better coach, but which much less knowledge of iranian football and players. And in 8 months it is impossible to create something.

Comment

Originally posted by Shantaram View Post
        I’m sick of these other group comparisons. They mean nothing. Since I was a kid, whenever TM qualified people would say “oh our group is weak bla bla” and then the results in the World Cup would negate that for the most part. Qualification in Asia is one thing, performing in the World Cup is another.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
          Non of them PLAYED or very little.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
          It's not like there are messi or mbappe. Several times, they missed the chance with covid or club change

Comment

We were seeded 1st, which means if we were in the other group, it Would be instead of Japan.
            Of course it Would be much harder against Australia and Saudi Arabia, but it wouldnt be impossible for us to qualify. I still believe we could do it, but it Would be harder
            And I only here critic, but no solutions. Say Skocic is fired today, who Can we bring in? Who wants to come in? And what about camps and friendlies. If we are lucky we get a better coach, but which much less knowledge of iranian football and players. And in 8 months it is impossible to create something.
            Not saying we should fire him, but there are many great coaches who would compromise on salary just to get a chance to coach in the World Cup. There is no risk for them, it's not as if we are still in the qualifying stage. It's a guranteed appearence in the World Cup.
            “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

No misunderstanding here when you say - And in 8 months it is impossible to create something - plenty can be done in 8 months, time is not a limiting factor here and as shown before many other coaches have done a lot in less time than 8 months.

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                Not saying we should fire him, but there are many great coaches who would compromise on salary just to get a chance to coach in the World Cup. There is no risk for them, it's not as if we are still in the qualifying stage. It's a guranteed appearence in the World Cup.
                Yes perbaps true although Skocic is making the lowest of all WC qualified coaches. But how many would accept salary with delay and in Toman???

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
                  No misunderstanding here when you say - And in 8 months it is impossible to create something - plenty can be done in 8 months, time is not a limiting factor here and as shown before many other coaches have done a lot in less time than 8 months.
                  Yes it is impossible to change 15 players, invest in the youth and change the system completely so we play a attacking and fluid offensive game in 8 months. And that is what many people in here are shouting for

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                    Yes perbaps true although Skocic is making the lowest of all WC qualified coaches. But how many would accept salary with delay and in Toman???

not many would if they had to take a risk to qualify a team. Some would, if it's only 8 months of delay but a chance to coach in the WC. A few years ago, when we got an idiot like Wilmot coaching the team, it was because we had no leverage. Our situation is different today. Ofcourse all of this would depend on us having a semi-competent football Federation, and of course we all know that's not the case.
                    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Man some of you guys overrate the crap out of Iran no offense

You'd think we're expected to make the round of 16 each time... Skocic isn't perfect but his record speaks for itself. Even with Klopp or Pep at manager we'd need lots of luck to not get knocked out of the group stages

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                        Skocic had qualified TM prior to his second match and missed most all his key legionnaires including Taremi the WCQ leading scorer.The others were playing elimination type games. Circumstances matter. It's like the folks comparing WC 98, 06, 14 and 18 results and teams...apples and oranges.

In 2007ACQ and 2018WCQ TM had also already qualified before the second match vs Korea. We still didn't lose against them.

Iran-Korea is never a friendly match, no matter the circumstances.
                        Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

We have a mutiny on our hands boys ... first Mehdi, now it seems Sardar?

When your two best players don't agree with you - the impending will happen ...

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of Skocic, he has a lot of flaws, but please can anyone tell me how hiring some random "big named" manager is gonna actually give a sh*t about our football in a span of 2-3 months?

All it's going to do is divide our football more... Guys like Leo Jardim don't give a crap about Iran, they just want lots of money in a short period of time. Do you think they know anything about PGPL? big LOL...

Plus Iran is not "expected" to go to the round of 16. That's just rubbish... Rather, going to the round of 16 would be exceeding expectations. 75% of the teams in the World Cup are better than us, and 75% maybe even generous... We need lots of luck and as much preparations as possible. IFF needs to step it up but unfortunately we all know how useless they are...

Comment

Lol comparing coaches by comparing one result vs another team is just crazy. Specially when it is different eras and players
                              Well Di Matteo won CHL with Chelsea. Something Mourinho, Hiddink, Ancelotti, Conte and other Great managers couldnt do with Chelsea. So he must be better than all of Them
                              I live you guys football passion, the football knowledge is unfortunately lacking.
                              I have concerns like many others. But I cant see what any coach Can change in 8 months. You have to understand that it wont change much. You Think a New foreign coach knows about IPL players such Az Hardani? They know Azmoun, Taremi and Jahanbakhsh, thats it. He wont watch 10000 hours of IPL matches. He Will get recommended which players to Pick, or he Will go with the exact Same squad as Skocic, because he wants experienced players who know eachother and have worked together.
                              You guys really Think players like Hajsafi Will be droppes?? This is crazy. The New coach Will be told that Hajsafi is the most experienced player and one of the leaders in the dressing room who has the other players respect, and therefore invite him immediatly. Therefore the squad Will be exactly the same.
                              What a New coach may do, is changing the tactics a bit. Probably he Will play more defensively, as that is the easier thing to do, and what most teams do, when they havnt had time to work on other tactics. And you cant build New tactics without proper camps and friendlies. Even Pep cant do that. So it Will be parking the bus, which seems to annoy you guys anyway.
                              Worst case scenario we Will end up with a iranian coach who is biased as fukk.
                              Please consider these things and thing about it logically and not emotionally
                              Why is that crazy? Have you seen what shape Iraq, Syria, Lebanón and UAE are in? I have never seen them this bad.

It's only logical to compare results vs the only team that could potentially give us a hard time in this group.
                              This is the first time in a long time we have players on the same level as Korea.

In 2014 and 2018 Korea had better players but with the help of CQ kabir we closed the gap and managed to get 10 out of 12 points.
                              Even during the miserable 2010WCQ Daei and Ghotbi combo did better than him. Mind you, that Korean team was insanely good and reached 2nd round of 2010 WC.

On the other hand Skocic has failed in both games vs Korea. We looked absolutely clueless in Tehran and the Seoul game was just terrible.
                              The only difference was our star players managed to salvage 1 pt in Tehran. In Seoul however, there was no one to save his ass.
                              Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                                I'm not a huge fan of Skocic, he has a lot of flaws, but please can anyone tell me how hiring some random "big named" manager is gonna actually give a sh*t about our football in a span of 2-3 months?

All it's going to do is divide our football more... Guys like Leo Jardim don't give a crap about Iran, they just want lots of money in a short period of time. Do you think they know anything about PGPL? big LOL...

Plus Iran is not "expected" to go to the round of 16. That's just rubbish... Rather, going to the round of 16 would be exceeding expectations. 75% of the teams in the World Cup are better than us, and 75% maybe even generous... We need lots of luck and as much preparations as possible. IFF needs to step it up but unfortunately we all know how useless they are...
                                My biggest concern is what happens after this World Cup. I posted a while back that most of our current squad are going to be 30+ by the next World Cup and we have a limited amount of young players coming through. I want a manager who is going to bring though and slowly implement these younger players. I am not convinced that Skocic is the man to do that at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X