Dragan Skočić Appreciation Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
    One who fails to learn from history is doomed to repeat it. These discussions if kept civil are productive for our football to move forward. Otherwise as Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different outcome.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    I don't disagree, but decorum is also important. There is a thread and should always exist for constructive discussions.

Comment

Originally posted by AGC View Post
      Only iranians can turn Skocic appreciation thread into a CQ vs Skocic thread. Iranians have no self awareness.

Say CQ is a god. Who cares? If he is this God then stop the comparisons.

Can we be glad we qualified that we hade such an easy route this time, say a little thank you, and leave it att that?

When you say thanks for the food to your patents, you dont start comparing the food to a michellin resto. No, so Let that be the Gold standard regarding behaviour.
      Well, you know AGC jaan, you, Ghermez Agha, diz, yours truely and many others who do appreciate Skocic here without worshiping him are Iranians too. I agree with most of your points yet I think we are better than how many of us portray our community. Perhaps, like many other communities, we have internalized/embraced the stereotypes that are used to dehumanize us as a defense mechanism.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
        ^ ^ Ok, you could be lucky once or twice, maybe three times. His record now is 14 wins and one draw. An unprecedented record in TM history. You don't have to like him. A little bit of fairness and human courtesy will go a long way though.
        Go TM!
        I guess that makes the no-name incompetent fellow very very very very very very very very very very very very very very lucky!!
        😂😂

Also that he has balls the size of branko's head, to be playing Nourafkan as CB.
        But hey, he got lucky again and Omid performed splendidly!
        Luck, i guess

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
          Well, you know AGC jaan, you, Ghermez Agha, diz, yours truely and many others who do appreciate Skocic here without worshiping him are Iranians too. I agree with most of your points yet I think we are better than how many of us portray our community. Perhaps, like many other communities, we have internalized/embraced the stereotypes that are used to dehumanize us as a defense mechanism.

Go TM!
          Not that I disagree, but your comment is a bit too profound and deep for a football forum, No?

On the issue at hand. 14-0-1 record speaks for itself.
          Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

I honestly think that he is tactically very weak and that he will be in serious trouble against a top coach and I'm Sh*t scared of the WC if he is to stay, at the same time, on paper, it's 'unfair' to fire him...
            چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
            We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by Salar View Post
              I honestly think that he is tactically very weak and that he will be in serious trouble against a top coach and I'm Sh*t scared of the WC if he is to stay, at the same time, on paper, it's 'unfair' to fire him...
              Wilmots is tactically very weak. Skocic has actually won trophies as a manager

Comment

Originally posted by Altamonte View Post
                Wilmots is tactically very weak. Skocic has actually won trophies as a manager
                wilmots was a disaster, and i still can't believe we ended up with him over herve renard

Agreed with Skocic assessment - i think he's better than even i give him credit for but there are a lot of frustrating red flags we haven't seen in a while - especially around defense and in my opinion what amount to slow starts in every match

Comment

Originally posted by rjafari View Post
                  wilmots was a disaster, and i still can't believe we ended up with him over herve renard

Agreed with Skocic assessment - i think he's better than even i give him credit for but there are a lot of frustrating red flags we haven't seen in a while - especially around defense and in my opinion what amount to slow starts in every match
                  Iran isn't able to do much better than him. People keep forgetting most coaches simply don't have any interest in managing us. I'd only replace Skocic for Yahya, who's proved for a while he's a top tier coach.. and I remember reading that he was offered the role but doesn't want it for now cuz pressure

Comment

as i said before, many national teams do not perform up to their "potential". look at australia, netherlands over years, germany finishing LAST in world cup, france out to swiss with that stacked team. skocic isnt spectacular tactitian but he doesnt make us worse. we perform consistently.

Comment

Originally posted by Salar View Post
                      Remind yourself how scared you were 12 games ago when we had to win 4 in a row. And remind yourself who eased your fears and got us out of that challenging situation. Then remind yourself who qualified us the fastest and without any stress in the final round.

Honestly, today's game, especially the second half, reminded me of CQ's games... We were solid defensively and our goal was hardly threatened even while playing with 10 men. Everybody knew their role and everyone played it. Everyone hustled and gave 100%. Not being able to complete a pass and Gholizadeh becoming a khoreh and not passing to a wide open Taremi is not lack of tactical formation or because poor coaching...

Comment

I'm not a Skocic super fan, but man I have no clue how you can blame him for today's results. First and most importantly, we won 1-0 and were defensively relatively sound

Second, it's not that easy keeping a clean sheet with 10 men for half a match but we did it.

Comment

Another game, yet another win. I wonder what people have to if we also win against SK like we should've in Iran.

Comment

Iran isn't able to do much better than him. People keep forgetting most coaches simply don't have any interest in managing us. I'd only replace Skocic for Yahya, who's proved for a while he's a top tier coach.. and I remember reading that he was offered the role but doesn't want it for now cuz pressure
                            Then Yahya is not a top tier coach. A good coach relishes pressure and wants both his players and his staff to prove themselves. Not alot of folks would have accepted the position Skocic did. Everyone counted the team out.

Skocic is like Bill Belichek. I remember Tom Brady was counted out...he was even one of the worst NFL combine performers for his draft year...but Belichek went after him and now that he has retired as the GOAT I wonder where a guy like Skocic can take us. Who knows?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                            Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

You know, I watched the AFCON final and gotta say, with all the talent both teams have the play was painfully underwhelming. Egypt was literally just Salah trying to create something from nothing and getting close a number of times. Senegal was PGPL style bezan ziresh despite how stacked they are.

When I see Iran play I realize AT LEAST we try to play with something resembling a system. And when you watch our highlights we actually get plenty of goalscoring chances but nobody fucking finishes lmao. Iran is objectively less talented than Senegal and that's not debatable, but if we were to play Senegal we'd give them a serious fight for their money solely because of our style of play. Skocic is a lot better than most people give him credit for, we genuinely could have ended up with way worse (and did... may that useless Belgian's name never be spoken)

Comment

You know, I watched the AFCON final and gotta say, with all the talent both teams have the play was painfully underwhelming. Egypt was literally just Salah trying to create something from nothing and getting close a number of times. Senegal was PGPL style bezan ziresh despite how stacked they are.
                                When I see Iran play I realize AT LEAST we try to play with something resembling a system. And when you watch our highlights we actually get plenty of goalscoring chances but nobody fucking finishes lmao. Iran is objectively less talented than Senegal and that's not debatable, but if we were to play Senegal we'd give them a serious fight for their money solely because of our style of play. Skocic is a lot better than most people give him credit for, we genuinely could have ended up with way worse (and did... may that useless Belgian's name never be spoken)
                                VOLDEMORT! hahaha it was just a question of time before he became you know who!

hahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X