Dragan Skočić Appreciation Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diz View Post
    ^Not sure what this is supposed to represent, but CQ was far from having a bag of cash to work with (for himself or the team). I'm not sure why Dragan's success should take away from CQ's success. The correct comic strip should have included Wilmots at the top, not CQ.
    Wilmots did not take us to a World Cup, Queiroz did.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
      Wilmots did not take us to a World Cup, Queiroz did.
      So, we need to bash his legacy? Let's not get it twisted. Wilmots robbed us, not CQ. One's success is not based on destroying another's legacy. We need to move away from this childish Iranian sports garbage.

Comment

Let's not forget that CQ paid his assistants and staff with his own money...

Comment

^Not sure what this is supposed to represent, but CQ was far from having a bag of cash to work with (for himself or the team). I'm not sure why Dragan's success should take away from CQ's success. The correct comic strip should have included Wilmots at the top, not CQ. If anyone robbed our country and football, it was Wilmots.
          I think it's not about quality or performance(results) but about methods.
          IFF claims this (with Sko) has been cheapest and less stressful qualification.

Comment

So, we need to bash his legacy? Let's not get it twisted. Wilmots robbed us, not CQ. One's success is not based on destroying another's legacy. We need to move away from this childish Iranian sports garbage.
            No one's saying CQ robbed us! They are comparing the World Cup qualification paths in terms of financial logistics and other criteria.

I will delete it though because it does not seem to be popular.

Comment

No one's saying CQ robbed us! They are comparing the World Cup qualification paths in terms of financial logistics and other criteria.
              I will delete it though because it does not seem to be popular.
              I agree with you deleting it. Again, not sure where the artist (you?) get the idea that CQ was flush with cash. I can post half a dozen articles/videos where CQ is literally begging IFF for money for kits, training ground updates, team airline tickets, player salaries, his own salary, assistant salaries, etc. etc.

Glad Dragan qualified us on the cheap, but this only reinforces the backward mentality of IFF and IR that we can keep stripping TM of cash, preparation, good coaching, etc, and still hope for a result. Do we think that those savings are going somewhere useful, other than the deep pockets of our corrupt officials?

Comment

I agree with you deleting it. Again, not sure where the artist (you?) get the idea that CQ was flush with cash. I can post half a dozen articles/videos where CQ is literally begging IFF for money for kits, training ground updates, team airline tickets, player salaries, his own salary, assistant salaries, etc. etc.
                https://www.statista.com/statistics/...2018-earnings/

I saw in non-Iranian media that he was 7th highest paid coach at 2018 WC - to emphasize, this is not a Queiroz bash.

Comment

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...2018-earnings/
                  I saw in non-Iranian media that he was 7th highest paid coach at 2018 WC - to emphasize, this is not a Queiroz bash.
                  Nooshe janesh. See my prior post. Also, he was never paid on time and would coach simply on credit. Don't forget the fiasco of trying to pay him with all the banking limitations. The man deserved it and more.

Comment

^Not sure what this is supposed to represent, but CQ was far from having a bag of cash to work with (for himself or the team). I'm not sure why Dragan's success should take away from CQ's success. The correct comic strip should have included Wilmots at the top, not CQ. If anyone robbed our country and football, it was Wilmots.
                    The only thing that needs to be said is Skocic and CQ did it and Mayeli Kohan could never

Comment

Nooshe janesh. See my prior post. Also, he was never paid on time and would coach simply on credit. Don't forget the fiasco of trying to pay him with all the banking limitations. The man deserved it and more.
                      Glad Dragan qualified us on the cheap, but this only reinforces the backward mentality of IFF and IR that we can keep stripping TM of cash, preparation, good coaching, etc, and still hope for a result. Do we think that those savings are going somewhere useful, other than the deep pockets of our corrupt officials?
                      Regarding this part of the post, if you read my posts you can see that I have a zero-tolerance policy towards IR, now whether it be through my posts or my voting decisions. So it does not surprise me that Queiroz does not get paid on time or they are subject to banking limitations due to sanctions.

Comment

^understood, but the cartoon you posted (and thankfully deleted), only reinforces the IFF/IR mentality that we can keep doing more for less. Don’t play into their hands. It’s not about individuals. It’s about a sustainable system for our long term success.

Comment

Originally posted by rdwrrr View Post
                          Are you saying that we are worst than all 31 other teams that will qualify to World Cup?
                          You don't even know who we are being grouped with.
                          Chances are that we would have in our group 2 teams that are traditionally better than us, we would also have a team that is on par or maybe lower to us on paper but with our current coaching staff & prepration we would probably be less prepared to play them in the WC.

Just cast your mind back to the last 2 world cups & remember how much focus was on player fitness for the WC, how much tactics was worked on & drilled into the players, only then could we compete & did win some games. No ways are we at that level or will be, both physically or technically under skocic.

Comment

100%! The money will just flow to corrupt officials, while our boys will have to resort to united IG posts talking about their desperate situation.
                            "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                              100%! The money will just flow to corrupt officials, while our boys will have to resort to united IG posts talking about their desperate situation.
                              It wasn't long ago that Sardar was posting about having to launder the same TM kits over and over as IFF was not providing them with new kits for each match.

Comment

OK. Back to Skocic. I did some digging around and yes, looks like our passing accuracy has improved under Skocic. The graph is missing some games, only includes the ones I could find data on, but what do you think, have our players improved, or does the new system lend itself to more accurate passing? Does anyone know if it is known if passing accuracy is different under different systems of football? image002 (2).png
                                زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

Working...
                                X