Dragan Skočić Appreciation Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taz View Post
    TeamSgohcic would like to distance themselves away from recent postings in this thread by kaebi kabab that others may look to attribute to them.

Although the passion and intent is to be admired, we do not condone the content nor thinking behind these posts. We will be back in January when we can resume highlighting the deficiencies of the man as a united group but until then, please subscribe to our socials to keep up to date with latest Sgohcic hate developments.
    Dont forget he just 2 days of training before wcq games. He won't make TM become Germany in such limited time

Comment

Originally posted by Ali.Karimi79 View Post
      na baba?! We all want the best for TM but your level of ignorance is ridiculous. Calling a coach z-grade with 0 football experience, after he took over K!rmots mess and gave us top of the group is just stupid.
      Big names mean shit. Look at sacked Dick Advocaat.
      This is the appreciation thread for Skocic. If you can't appreciate what he has done so far then just leave this thread.
      Not at all. No one is denying taking Iran to the next stages but this has to be a very short-term fix. Iran is a completely different level to Iraq and these other minnow nations - this is one of the most talented squads Asia has ever seen so its only right they need a manager at that level and more
      This sort of manager is not sustainable for TM long-term yes - give him a pat on the back once we qualify BUT we need someone who is able to compete with the best of the best and have the tactical nous to give us a fighting chance and harmony to go through to the next round.

Comment

Originally posted by kaebi kabab View Post
        Not at all. No one is denying taking Iran to the next stages but this has to be a very short-term fix. Iran is a completely different level to Iraq and these other minnow nations - this is one of the most talented squads Asia has ever seen so its only right they need a manager at that level and more
        This sort of manager is not sustainable for TM long-term yes - give him a pat on the back once we qualify BUT we need someone who is able to compete with the best of the best and have the tactical nous to give us a fighting chance and harmony to go through to the next round.
        You're right he's not a long term fix, but I'd like to see him continue as the assistant coach or something like that. He has something really special when it comes to understanding the middle eastern mentality and it's something that could really compliment a high calibre international coach such as CQ who even struggled with these shitty Arab teams.

Drawing and losing to these teams that we should be smashing every time hurts our ranking and having a really good ranking is something that can help us overcome the other obstacles that prevent from us getting any decent friendlies

Comment

Outside of Azmoun and Taremi I don't see why one would call this Asia's most talented team ever. We only have subs at mid-range EU teams at best, or starters for teams that aren't even mention worthy.

This isn't even Iran's most talented squad.

Comment

Do you follow Iranian football at all?

Iran tied Iraq at AC 2019 with pretty much the same squad.
            Iran LOST to Iraq just earlier with the same squad.
            Iran LOST to Bahrain just earlier.
            Iran LOST, was demolished by Japan 3-0 in AC 2019.

The number of losses by Iran to 2nd and 3rd rate Asian teams is not that small. I would not say the Iranian team is beyond Asia. I would not say it has the most talented team.

Anyways, perhaps the biggest lesson here is this (which I have tried to impress upon a few other people here):

If reality does not fit your opinion, try changing your opinion instead of trying to change reality.
            Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
              Hmmmm..... So he needs to go 16-1-0 or at worst 15-2-0 to meet your expectations. Ok then!!

Can you name one other national coach of Iran, --never mind, of any country--, who has achieved a similar record?
              He has met my expectations, I just can't say I am sold that he is 100% the right man to lead us to the WC yet. YET.

4 games left and then we can judge.

Comment

The number of losses by Iran to 2nd and 3rd rate Asian teams is not that small. I would not say the Iranian team is beyond Asia. I would not say it has the most talented team.

Anyways, perhaps the biggest lesson here is this (which I have tried to impress upon a few other people here):

If reality does not fit your opinion, try changing your opinion instead of trying to change reality.
                This is a forum mate - not everyone has to agree to your 'opinion'

Please tell me who in Asia player for player has a better squad than Iran's? Most of our legionaire even the ones not called up play regularly in their respective teams - yes? when in your generation have you seen this? CQ started his reign with 2 legionaire in Nekounam and Shojaei - dont be so delusional. If you see the Japan game one silly mistake from Kanani who wasnt even CQ number 1/2 CB started a knock on effect for the team to lose that game. The players were completly at a lost even before the Iraq game started because that manager only turned up to the country 24 hours prior

Dont just construct bias narratives to suit your agenda

Comment

Agreed, the team is not the most talented squad in our history. We would have a tough match against Saudi, Korea, Japan, Australia under any coach right now for sure. If Skokic lasts until Asian Cup, that'll be a huge test to see where he is compared to our previous coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
                    Agreed, the team is not the most talented squad in our history. We would have a tough match against Saudi, Korea, Japan, Australia under any coach right now for sure. If Skokic lasts until Asian Cup, that'll be a huge test to see where he is compared to our previous coaches.
                    surely if we can beat the arabs that easily we should deffo keep him untill Asian cup. However I doubt he stays after WC22 . He probably have enough of the iranian media BS and recieve a great offer and leave.

Also I agree about the talented bit. IMO 2008 squad was probably the best talented squad we had that was destroyed by daei and ghotbi! when we had players like nekounam , anderanik , Shojaei (prime time), ali karimi , mahdavikia, karim bagheri , Jabbari , Rahmati, Jalal Hosseini , Hadi Aghili , Pejman Montazeri, Khalatbari ( love this guy ) , Hashemian . We were lacking goof FW tho.

Right now we probably had the most talented FW's . Not doing so great in our MD and DF.

Comment

For the fainters

Comment

The problem is on skokic in delusion. Please look at the bigger picture. We are the best team in Asia, we deserve a World Class Coach. No could forsee the corrupt nature of wilmots however we cannot go into a world cup with a coach who knows 0 about sports science, a coaching setup that is soo small and inexperienced, players continung to put individual performances, 0 identity, CB and CM problems especially if Saeid gets injured, his horendous man management already taremi, ghoddos, torabi have had digs and no doubt more players will once we qualify, did you not remember azmoun IG post when he qualified. He cant even be bothered to defend his players when they have to train at the worse conditions every camp. Ask me what do you know about some of his backroom team like khorshidi? why are people with 0 football experience there... shall i continue..

Who are you to question ignorance when I want the best for TM and will not accept mediocrity and a z-grade coach
                        You are thinking like these Gulf countries idiotic Sheikhs without brain or/and with colonized mentality. To get excellent results with a team require MUCH MUCH more than a CV and a name my friend. Look at Athletico Madrid at Diego Simeone, what is his CV as a coach actually ? If we take into consideration the budget of the clubs, Athletico is THE BEST TEAM as they have achieved much more than others with way less money. Does Japan has a "world class" coach ? They are the team having achieved the most at world level in Asia.

A coach has to be a psychologist beyond everything, he needs of course to have an excellent atmosphere where the players feel comfortable and motivated, he needs to have a good dedicated staff and a federation behind him. Of course his "tactical" knowledge is important but look at Mourinho, he was supposed "the best" and what happened to him ? His arrogance and OTHER factors came and destroyed him.

What actual coach achieved is proving that he succeeded so far and we pray that it keeps going forward this way. Stop being like a child and seek "big names" and pay these people money that could go into developing our football infrastructures and youth training schools. We don't need "big name", we need this whole chemistry to work together. We need less EGO driven players, less jealousy, less envy and more dedicated people working as a team, for a greater good than their little own interests.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                          TeamSgohcic would like to distance themselves away from recent postings in this thread by kaebi kabab that others may look to attribute to them.

Although the passion and intent is to be admired, we do not condone the content nor thinking behind these posts. We will be back in January when we can resume highlighting the deficiencies of the man as a united group but until then, please subscribe to our socials to keep up to date with latest Sgohcic hate developments.
                          lol
                          Life must be very tough for you guys these days.
                          waiting for that eventual slip up, game after game so you feel justified about your criticism ... and that loss just doesnt come!!!
                          Goddamnit, it was THAT close in beirut.

but dont lose heart.
                          That loss will come .... one day. So you all can suddenly burst open in volcanic fury, and spill all the stored criticism and vague references to even vaguer issues all over the board.
                          :thumbsup:

Comment

Dragan won 92 % of the games, yet we want to fire him? Why are we like that?
                            Sign against banning Iran from WorldCup!!!
                            http://new.petitiononline.com/IRANWC06/petition.html

Comment

^ we are proud to be some complaining Iranians for EVER.
                              __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                              We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

I dont agree with the choices he makes about players invited or starting but we can not deny that Iran is playing much better football than before.

Comment

Working...
                                X