Dragan Skočić Appreciation Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see both sides.

On the one hand, it is important to remember where we were in just June this year. If someone had told me before those games, we would be one game away from WC in November of the same year, I wouldn’t have believed it. Skocic deserves credit for the results achieved, after the Wilmots disaster.

However, I am old enough to remember Branko in 2006 clearly. We did not play well in the qualifiers but got results, and similar arguments were happening at the time. Needless to say, the poor play eventually caught up with us at the World Cup (though I do think we are playing far better in this campaign, in 2006 we relied heavily on set piece goals).

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
      Good spin.

They came with a must-not lose attitude and coasted it.

Both teams will be qualified in March; barring any major rotation, it should be a solid barometer for where this TM is at.
      xG does not factor hitting the post twice in.

Comment

Is that Metrica's third world take on xG or something? Both efforts will have been accounted for if xG is being recorded properly. Given they were both speculative long-range efforts, you'd expect a low xG for both.

Comment

Lol we have litterally 2-3 users here who love to see team melli lose so they can bash skocic every game they end up crying and empty their kleenex !! Soozesh Soozesh

Their logic over past few months:

Oh we're not gonna make it to next round we will lose to behrain/iraq playing like this without no tactics!
          -Then we make it to next round beating iraq and bahrain

Oh it was lucky wins! we're gonna lose against Iraq playing like this !
          -lol we beat iraq with 3 goals

Oh we're gonna lose against South korea playing like this
          - Then we draw SK without any fans and var (penalty not given) hit the goal post 2 times. SK with one lucky goal

Oh it was players that did it, we will lose without taremi !
          - then we beat both lebanon (at home) and syria with 3 goals with out taremi

Oh it was ...........
          and the BS continues !

I'm sure even if we beat brazil they still be hating saying it was a lucky win and our players did it !

Baba just appreciate the wins and respect the team! congrat the team staff and players instead of making BS negative comments!

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
            what did tabatabaei say after the game. Seems he really criticized skocic for somethings.

anyone knows?
            you know we just win 3-0
            and this idiot starts bashing
            he said should of TAKED ADVANTAGE AND prepared for wc in this match.

u know what it is there is no ss players
            in tm and gaedy played 4minutes
            he is trying make it ss thing
            Typical iranian
            have to complain about something
            TAMAMEH CHOLO KABOB KHORDEH
            POSHGHABESHAM lis zadeh
            Instead of thanking god and give good
            comment about food
            SAYS
            GHASHOOOGH O CHANGALESH
            STANDARD NABOOD it taked hin longer
            to finish the food.

in this match.

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
              you know we just win 3-0
              and this idiot starts bashing
              he said should of TAKED ADVANTAGE AND prepared for wc in this match.

u know what it is there is no ss players
              in tm and gaedy played 4minutes
              he is trying make it ss thing
              Typical iranian
              have to complain about something
              TAMAMEH CHOLO KABOB KHORDEH
              POSHGHABESHAM lis zadeh
              Instead of thanking god and give good
              comment about food
              SAYS
              GHASHOOOGH O CHANGALESH
              STANDARD NABOOD it taked hin longer
              to finish the food.

in this match.
              Bro you deserve member of the year. Every one of your posts cracks me up loool and your football takes are golden

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                That was pure luck. This team cannot do anything without CQ. Heck the boys even forgot how to lace their cleats since Skocic arrived. All the wins were just luck. Trust me. This team wins WC it would be undeserved according to some fans.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                I'd take all their criticism and grumbling and bitching ... as long as they make sense & present their case logically.
                But some of the criticism is just so illogical and vague that sentences seem like some haphazard words strung together, just to say something negative!

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                  That was pure luck. This team cannot do anything without CQ. Heck the boys even forgot how to lace their cleats since Skocic arrived. All the wins were just luck. Trust me. This team wins WC it would be undeserved according to some fans.

I won't take it that far, but with due respect to other PFDC members Coach Skocic inherited a very good TM that is very disciplined, and a lot of the players are legionnaires. The current group that we are in could have been worse, but there is a little bit of luck on our side since our opposition teams have been tieing against each other and lost to us and the Korea Republic on each turn. These losses of points will result in our and Korea's benefit, and pretty much by the next round of games, it will pretty much seal our fate.

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
                    Did you forget we played SK a month ago, tied 1-1, controlled much of the match, and smashed the post twice?
                    We only started controlling the game after we conceded. Korea was dictating the game for virtually the entire first half. And after we finally equalized Skocic did not bring in fresh legs to finish the disarrayed Koreans, allowing them to slowly recover and get back on their feet with fresh legs of their own which resulted in them almost wining at the very end.

Skocic has gotten great results against 2nd and 3rd tier asian teams but against Korea he showed he is incapable of defeating a first tier in our own soil. With him in charge at the WC I don't expect us getting better results than what Branko got in 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                      We only started controlling the game after we conceded. Korea was dictating the game for virtually the entire first half. And after we finally equalized he did not bring in fresh legs to finish the disarrayed Koreans, allowing them to slowly recover and get back on their feet with fresh legs of their own which resulted in them almost wining at the very end.

Skocic has gotten great results against 2nd and 3rd tier asian teams but against Korea he showed he is incapable of defeating a first tier in our own soil. With him in charge at the WC I don't expect us getting better results than what Branko got in 2006.
                      This is true. In the first half they had controlled most of the game. But Son's goal was a defensive lapse and nothing more, while we created way better chances. On one occasion their GK turned into spiderman with back-to-back saves and the post came to their rescue twice. They got lucky on multiple occasions. We also had no fans and VAR that probably would've awarded a PK.

It's important to keep in mind we have not had any preparation, friendly matches, or the infrastructure yet to prep for the level of WC teams. I'm not making excuses - it's just I am saying is for what Skokic is given in terms of the management he has that is supposed to be supporting him, he has done an excellent job. Some perspective is important, even when he has a 12-1-0 record.

Comment

This is true. In the first half they had controlled most of the game. But Son's goal was a defensive lapse and nothing more, while we created way better chances. On one occasion their GK turned into spiderman with back-to-back saves and the post came to their rescue twice. They got lucky on multiple occasions. We also had no fans and VAR that probably would've awarded a PK.
                        It's important to keep in mind we have not had any preparation, friendly matches, or the infrastructure yet to prep for the level of WC teams. I'm not making excuses - it's just I am saying is for what Skokic is given in terms of the management he has that is supposed to be supporting him, he has done an excellent job. Some perspective is important, even when he has a 12-1-0 record.
                        Everything you said is true as well, but when you allow your opponent to dictate the game for so long you are bound to have a lapse which led to Son scoring, and for goodness sake it doesn't take a rocket scientist to bring in fresh legs when the Koreans where in complete disarray. Which really has me worried about his decisions facing teams like France or Belgium at the WC.

But if Skocic manages to defeat Korea in Seoul then I think we can have a glimmer of reaching the round of 16 next year.

Comment

i can see the day when
                          skovic lose his first match
                          chi fooooshaiee badbakht
                          bekhooreh he will be compare
                          to changiz khan,omar ib khatab,akbar misaghiyan
                          yazid,shemr,saddam,ali mansouriyan,kaddafi
                          fidel. some will call for his arrest
                          and execustion via injection.
                          there is 10 wcq matches
                          we have pretty much qualified
                          our motivation is notas high as
                          other teams still fighting for playoff
                          spot so losing 1 match in the next
                          4 matches can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by momad2468 View Post
                            I can see both sides.
                            On the one hand, it is important to remember where we were in just June this year. If someone had told me before those games, we would be one game away from WC in November of the same year, I wouldn’t have believed it. Skocic deserves credit for the results achieved, after the Wilmots disaster.
                            However, I am old enough to remember Branko in 2006 clearly. We did not play well in the qualifiers but got results, and similar arguments were happening at the time. Needless to say, the poor play eventually caught up with us at the World Cup (though I do think we are playing far better in this campaign, in 2006 we relied heavily on set piece goals).
                            The 2006 WCQ campaign was much more arduous than this time. If I remember correctly, we lost to Jordan, and more than a few of our matches were high pressure/do or die. It also required our miraculous comeback against Qatar.

Difference was, Branko already had our team a good while: Asian Cup, friendlies, etc. Yet, the qualification was far from a breeze.

This time, it’s been literally a walk in the park with Skocic at the helm. Yes, he’s benefiting from CQ’s foundation, yes, Wilmots was not a high bar to exceed, but the man is doing the best he can given the circumstances.

Without an extensive training camp, friendlies, or a tournament, a new coach cannot properly mold the team, so it’s still early to judge what he’s capable of. And with the results he’s getting, he has definitely earned the right for that opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by sedee91 View Post
                              I won't take it that far, but with due respect to other PFDC members Coach Skocic inherited a very good TM that is very disciplined, and a lot of the players are legionnaires. The current group that we are in could have been worse, but there is a little bit of luck on our side since our opposition teams have been tieing against each other and lost to us and the Korea Republic on each turn. These losses of points will result in our and Korea's benefit, and pretty much by the next round of games, it will pretty much seal our fate.
                              Wilmots inherited the team you are referring to. Skocic actually inherited a team in disarray on the verge of elimination...yes he had legionnaires but at that point trams like Iraq were giving us trouble handedly.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Actually we had some friendlies with skocic last year.
                                Branko team wasn't the same than now. We have much more quality legionnaires now than in 2006 and less very weak position than Branko.

Not saying IPL became EPL now but at least it is more watchable than in 2006

Comment

Working...
                                X