Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AFC will not count points against 5th placed teams!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AFC will not count points against 5th placed teams!

Head to head rankings for best runners up spots will now exclude matches played against 5th placed teams.
    https://twitter.com/plasticpitch/sta...06169448722435

makes it even harder for us to qualify
    now we have to win against honkong, iraq and bahrain

if we win all of our games, we qualify as first in the group, no problem

BUT

lets say we win against Bahrain and Hongkong. That would be 9 Points and a tie against Iraq on the last match makes it 10 points

(second placed teams)

– UZB is through 12 points plus games against Qatar
    – OMAN is through 12 points plus games agains Qatar
    – Lebanon has 7 points now from 3 remaining games. A win and a tie puts the through

so top three places are gone
    two remaining

we have to pray for:
    – China lose one of their remaining games (makes them having max. 10). pray for Syria to beat them
    – Kuwait lose one of their remaining games (makes them having max. 10). pray for Australia to beat them
    – UAE ties or loses one of their games (makes them having max. 9 or 10 points)

lets say two of China/Kuwait/UAE will have 10 Points. They still have better GD. Therefore we need to win Honkong by 5 or 6 goals margin!

– you could say that Tajikistan/Kyrgyzstan have a very little chance. each max. 7 points and a game against Japan

We will win all the remaining matches, no worries, trust in TM & Bacheha!

Comment

This was expected, but still bad news. Looks very difficult to qualify as one of the best 2nd placed teams.
      12 points needed from these 4 games, or we’re probably out.
      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

AFC and their tokhmi schedules and rules and conditions.... have messed it up so much on Iran, but I trust bacheha and know we are going to surprise them and let them all fall back....

Comment

This heightens the need to focus on improving our GD in the other 3 matches, particularly against HK. Would be foolish to sit back at 2-0 and assume we'll finish top.

Comment

This is the worst possible news. Now 4 points against Bahrain and Iraq, May not be enough! And what a gift for Lebanon. Why did North Korea have to fukks us like that.

Unless one of Tajikistan og Kyrgyzstan beats Japan, we Will end up higher than Them. And since Qatar Will since in top 2, there Will be another slot open.
            So all eyes on the group with UAE. There are many possibilities there which Can benefit us.
            In Group D he must hope for Palestine to finish above Yemen, because uzbekistan lost once against Palestine
            In group B there is also possibilities. A draw between Jordan and Kuwait, and everything Else but 3 points against Australia for both teams Would be perfect. If Jordan or Kuwait win there head to head match, a lose against Australia Would give Them 10 points, and then its up to the GD

Its hard to make any conclusions now. When we reach the Iraq match, we Will know what he need. But things Got much more difficult now, but still not impossible. But Damn im nervous

Comment

I trust that we win all games. Look at WCQ 2014, when three wins in a row were needed in order to qualify, with two away games in Qatar and Korea and a lot of travelling. Our squad today is much stronger than back then, we're playing shittier teams and no travelling is needed. Yes, it's not easy at all and we have a lot of disadvantages, but by far the strongest team.

Comment

I know but before we had Queiroz, he knew the team and everything clicked. Now we have a New coach who has only had 3 friendly games. And Bahrain and Iraq are no pushovers. A must win against Bahrain in the heat is far from easy. We have struggled against Bahrain and Iraq so many times. Cant wait for the games to begin, im so hyped

Comment

Next AFC move : iran to play every remaining game with 10 players and start the games 3 goals behind

Comment

Let's wait and see.

This doesn't benefit us for sure, but despite how inconsistent we are teams in Asia are far more inconsistent. If Bahrain already dropped points to Hong Kong, Uzbekistan already lost to Palestine etc... then anything can happen in the next 4 rounds.

Comment

Group G is very important. The worst thing that Can happen is:
                      If UAE win all of their 4 games AND Vietnam beats Malaysia (Vietnam vs Indonesia is not relevant) then UAE will win the group and Vietnam Will have 11 points in the second place table. So that is the worst possible thing that Can happen.
                      Group B, D and G are the groups we have to have and eye on
                      Group B: hope that Kuwait and Jordan get a Maximum of 6 points from their remanining 3 games. 6 points means we are tied on points, so 5 Will be perfect.
                      Group D: hope that Palestine finish above Yemen, and uzbekistan getting a maksimum of 7points from their remaining 3 games. Which means we have to hope Saudi Arabia doesnt loose their last game against uzbekistan.
                      These are all based on us getting 4 points from the Iraq Bahrain games (doesnt matter which of the teams we beat and which we draw). 6 points Will make us qualify no matter what, which we all hope for. But Just thought i break it Down for you guys anyway.
                      First thing first, we have to handle our own business first. I just hope the staff know about all Those possibilities. If the Bahrain game is 0-0 in minut 80, i dont Think we should risk it all. Because we Can still beat already qualified Iraq and qualify. But if we risk everything and they score on a counter, then we are done. A lose against Bahrain means goodbye

Comment

Forget all this let's hope this let's hope that. If we don't win the 4 remaining games then frankly we don't deserve to even be in the next round let alone qualify to play against the world top teams. Simple as that. Nothing less than 4 wins will do for me.
                        هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                        نگاه میکنید.
                        sigpic
                        I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Sometimes you putt yourself in situations where you need a little help. That is us right now. Maybe we win all 4 matches and other results wont be important. But maybe we dont, and only draw one of the Iraq/Bahrain matches, and then we sure as hell need the help from the other groups. Right now i dont Care how we go advance, as long as we advance. I cant handle a World cup without Iran

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                            Next AFC move : iran to play every remaining game with 10 players and start the games 3 goals behind
                            My money is still on Iran!!!!

Comment

We need a Turkmenistan win against Lebanon or a palestine win against Yemen otherwise we must win all 4 games 😂

Comment

Working...
                              X