Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup 2022 Qualifier: Iran - Hong Kong; Info, Updates & Live Reports (03.06.21)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have to give credit to Taremi for having the courage to talk about the shortcomings. No one else seem to have the balls to say a word!

And I think, he is saying all of that based on his recent experience with his team in the European competition, in terms of the health protocols and the planning and all that went into preparing the team for competition and he is seeing none of that taking place for TM.

There is no doubt that the federation has once again failed to do what it must do to help the team succeed, specially in the current critical situation and the remaining qualifying games.

The federation sat on its behind watching AFC giving it to Iran real good when they deprived us from rightful hosting right. The writing was of course on the wall for a long time, but these bi-savaads didn't get it... and when the argument was finally taken to CAS, it was all too late and too ineffective.

They put the Russian vaccine which is at best 75% effective in the arms of team members thinking that is all the need in terms of health measures to protect the team. Wrong!

The federation has done nothing in proper planning, arranging for friendlies, or even ensuring the team has ample time as a group to practice and get ready for such tense competition.

Taremi is setting expectation for all Iranian football fans. He is saying there is no magic in this game. Just because some of our players did really well for their clubs, that does not mean TM will perform well with little preparation.

When CQ faced similar challenge, he made sure it is all hands on deck at the federation. He pushed and fought for everything and at the end he was success. the current couching staff and management not recognizing the urgency and their actions not proportional to the current situation.

So, folks be prepared if it does go the way all of us want ...

GOOD LUCK TM ... DO YOUR BEST! WE WILL BE PROUD OF YOU NO MATTER WHAT.

Comment

This would be a good time for the old corner of the mouth CQ comments to screw with the opposition's heads

"Bahrain's team is like Juventus"

"Iraq is the best team Arab team"

"Cambodia is better than Vietnam"

"Hong Kong could beat China"

Just to get the blood boiling in our opponents.

Comment

Taremi
        Missed a last second open goal vs Portugal
        Some how end up missing big match against japan in semifinal
        Awful match against Bahrain and total bust against iraq.
        We would of qualified to 2018 wc if another forward besid him played in those games.

Dont get me wrong i love him i have his pp jersey and tm jersey and his came a long way from being in iran second division and abbasszadeh back up his first year in pp BUT HE HAS NOT DONE IT FOR TEAM MELLI.
        Here is a chance against himgkong,bahrain and iraq to take his resume in tm to super star level like he is in his club but mot tm.
        Sorry i can not mentioned him in team melli in the same sentence as many superstars we have had in the last 35 years. I am mot saying he wont be one not yet. This is his opportunity.

Comment

It was painful to watch but i did it ! My street guys , school , college , unversity .... plays better football than these two teams. Its a comedy! Look at bahrains penalty and 2nd goal!

I think this was bahrain's 2nd team but still it was really poor game.

Comment

The throw in leading to the penalty seemed foul throw!
            If Malaysia had a half decent striker, they could have buried this Bahrain. Based on the last 3 games I have watched Bah play, our biggest opponent is Iraq.

My only fear is lack of preparation and friendlies to gel and sync a rhythm in TM. Hopefully the game against HK would do the trick.
            sigpic
            Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Well well well
              Siamak nemati got called up.
              This move tells me skovic has concern for our RB
              position and ONE THING SKOVIC HAS DONE IS watched the league in the last 2 years with 4 eyes
              Since Ramin rezaiyan is unofficially Ban for being called up and nemati has very good performance in the acl as well.
              Also someone needs to tell skovic shoja can play rb as well
              Against bahrain we can go
              Shoja rb. Kanani and pag last 2 defenders.

I personally dont like nemati as rb we shall see
              Hopefully he is just called up for back up to moharrami incaae reinjury or something

For sure nemati is not called up for midfield since we are loaded.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                Don’t like Taremi’s comments at all about the upcoming matches. As a leader in the team, people are going to look up to you and react to you based on what you say and do. If you sound so hopeless for the situation you’re in (which you and your team mates are in part responsible for, it wasn’t just wilmots who got us in this mess) it will rub off on the rest of the guys in the locker room as well.

Also what was IFF supposed to do about organizing a camp earlier? None of the European players would have been released so his point about the team having time to gel together is total nonsense. I definitely would have liked for the PGPL players to maybe have more time together and play a friendly but in terms of our full team, they came together as early as they possibly could have. Saman still isn’t even there......doesn’t make any sense to me.
                I agree. I expected more from Mehdi. He would have not said this stuff under CQ. He should have voiced his concerns privately. There are people who are waiting to take advantage of his comments considering his popularity.

Go TM!

Comment

Nemati being called up could be a fitness issue regarding Moharami. It could be that Skocic wants to save Moharami for Bahrain and Iraq and does not have full confidence in Esmailifar.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                    Nemati being called up could be a fitness issue regarding Moharami. It could be that Skocic wants to save Moharami for Bahrain and Iraq and does not have full confidence in Esmailifar.

Go TM!
                    begs the question why would he prefer esmailifar in the first place when making initial callups then? Also moharrami just played 60 mins for dinamo without any issues and has been in all the main TM training. I wonder if he cut akhbari from the list totally allowing him to go back for tractor game today? And nemati comes in for him. At any rate nemati shouldnt be anywhere near TM camp if we are talking objective quality level, the guy is horrible

Comment

I'm not sure if its fitness issue or IFF told him to invite nemati but Ramin rezaeian was better option IMO. Skocic said that the only reason he don't wanna choose ramin rezaeian was becuase he plays different roles in the game. Well So does siamak nemati. I've seen nemati play as a MD or even as Winger in PP

I'm guessing that he wants to have a persepolis DF line for better chemistry . So I think we're gonna see something like -
                      Nemati - Shoja - Kanani - Milad
                      Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                      Go TM!

Comment

Hopefully this is not oir line up
                        Biravand
                        Nemati
                        Shoja
                        Kanani
                        Milad
                        Kamal
                        Ahmadnoor
                        Amiri
                        Torabi
                        Taremi
                        Ansarifar
                        Heck play bageri as well since he was persepolis capitan for years
                        Look as a perspolisi i could care less if persepolis players play in tm or not
                        Give me 11 esteghlal players if they are the best there is and i still cheer same way

Comment

Ramin rezaiyan has monkerati issue thats why he is not called up..there is nude pictures of him with a women was circling around social media.

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                            Ghlom reza rezaie has done more for team mello
                            Then taremi.
                            Taremi has done nothing in team melli level.

This 4 games is his chance to put his name on iran national team and lead us to next round.
                            Like important goals against bahrain and iraq.

Leader on this team melli is biravand .
                            Gholamreza Rezaei was one of a kind. A favorite student of Ali Daei. He did a lot for our national team, respect to him. A forward in his prime during a sad era of Team Melli football.

But he was not cut out for the World Cup in Brazil which is why he was cut. I’m not sure if he was out of shape but he had gained weight. I think that + Khalatbari’s general size did not look good for the Queiroz bus lol.

I don’t think we can really compare Taremi and Rezaei. Especially since Taremi has played longer than Rezaei (2008-2013/14) and is still playing. Two different types of forwards in build, stature, physical and technical ability.

Rezaei, very technical and physically strong in bullying defenders. The dude looked like an amateur wrestler who played football and who was good at football. But he was inconsistent and lacked the vision a forward needs to find space and to make plays. He had his moments but he wasn’t consistent. A professional athlete, a work horse who trained hard and played with heart for Team Melli.

Taremi, very technical but smart in where and when to use his technical ability. Not as physically strong as Rezaei, but when he needs to be he’s aggressive. Knows how to find space and build plays that lead to opportunities for his team. A player with great vision. A more consistent goal scorer and assisting forward for both club and country.

Can’t compare these too my dude.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                              Gholamreza Rezaei was one of a kind. A favorite student of Ali Daei. He did a lot for our national team, respect to him. A forward in his prime during a sad era of Team Melli football.

But he was not cut out for the World Cup in Brazil which is why he was cut. I’m not sure if he was out of shape but he had gained weight. I think that + Khalatbari’s general size did not look good for the Queiroz bus lol.

I don’t think we can really compare Taremi and Rezaei. Especially since Taremi has played longer than Rezaei (2008-2013/14) and is still playing. Two different types of forwards in build, stature, physical and technical ability.

Rezaei, very technical and physically strong in bullying defenders. The dude looked like an amateur wrestler who played football and who was good at football. But he was inconsistent and lacked the vision a forward needs to find space and to make plays. He had his moments but he wasn’t consistent. A professional athlete, a work horse who trained hard and played with heart for Team Melli.

Taremi, very technical but smart in where and when to use his technical ability. Not as physically strong as Rezaei, but when he needs to be he’s aggressive. Knows how to find space and build plays that lead to opportunities for his team. A player with great vision. A more consistent goal scorer and assisting forward for both club and country.

When i used gr rezaie name i was being sarcastic.
                              Refering to taremi lack of accomplishments in tm.

This is taremi time to shine and put his name on team meli as star.
                              Right now him and golamreza rezaie of the worlds are mention in same sentences in tm.

Come on mehdi start with a hatrick against hk

Comment

The one decision I really didn't like that Queiroz made was cutting Khalatbari. I think he really deserved to make it to the WC and could've been useful with the technicality and speed - would've made some serious problems for Nigeria imo when we needed individual skill from a player. His goal vs Uzbek in the last minute was legendary. He was in his prime too, but alas, things are more complicated on the ground than our armchair at home lol

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X