X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CHristopher Knett doing his medical at Sepahan

Austrian media covering the transfer.

New challenge for Christopher Knett!

The 31-year-old Viennese is moving to the top Iranian club Sepahan FC with immediate effect. As Reza Mostafaie, domestic advisor with Iranian roots, confirms to LAOLA1, Knett will receive a contract for one year plus an option for another with the current table runner-up in Iran's top division.

"Sepahan has a very strong team. The coach, Moharram Navidkia, is a former German legionnaire. Sepahan always plays for titles, and this year too the goal is to win the championship," explains Iran expert Mostafaie. Knett should immediately slip into the role of the A goalkeeper at his new club.

At Sepahan he will succeed Payam Niazmand. The Iranian team goalkeeper left the club this summer to join Portuguese first division side Portimonense.

Christopher Knett comes from the youth of Vienna Austria. After a few years abroad with TSG Hoffenheim and Sonnenhof Großaspach, the Viennese established himself in the goal with Austria Lustenau and Wacker Innsbruck. Knett has been under contract with Panetolikos in Greece for the past two seasons.

https://www.laola1.at/de/red/fussbal...ub-sepahan-fc/

Comment

This is the guy who mainly played in Austria 2nd division and a crappy side in Greece. Poor signing tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
        This is the guy who mainly played in Austria 2nd division and a crappy side in Greece. Poor signing tbh.
        Agreed. It's a waste of money. Plenty of decent Iranian goalies in the league.

Comment

I think going after the likes of Mazaheri, Hosseini, Haghighi would've been better than this signing.

Comment

He played one season in the highest Austrian division before moving to Greece. I agree that Mazaheri could've been a better option.
            I think the bright side is, that PGPL will receive more exposure in Austrian media. It's actually weird that, given Iran's good relations to Austria, we never had an Austrian player in the PGPL.

Comment

Hopefully they get a good run in a Spanish cup competition and play Barcelona.

Comment

The traveler traveled again. He holds a record, 14th IPL team lol

https://www.varzesh3.com/news/178019...C-%D8%B4%D8%AF

Comment

Is roozbeh cheshmi that bad now he can’t even get a team?

Comment

Dejagah joins Al Shahania in Qatar 2nd div.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

That means he will be Nigel de Jong's teammate.

Comment

The traveler traveled again. He holds a record, 14th IPL team lol

https://www.varzesh3.com/news/178019...C-%D8%B4%D8%AF
                        wow, how old is he now..? he still sporting that vintage goatie...??

Comment

I don't get this guy. Hasn't he put enough money away for retirement yet? I thought I read he was very smart about financials?

Or does he genuinley like playing pro football that much that he will keep playing as long as people are willing to pay him?

That said, how is is form these days? Haven't heard anything about him in a while...

Comment

Sepahan is linked with former Everton/Belgium national team winger Kevin Mirallas. Great name for the IPL if it happens.

Comment

golbezanpodcast.com
                              twitter.com/GolBezan
                              instagram.com/GolBezan
                              youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

Promoted recently though right? He will be back in QSl. Making a comeback!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                                Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Working...
                                X