No announcement yet.

Iranian Football Summer Transfers | 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn’t comparing Ghaedi to Gascoigne, I was staring that the modern footballer and what is expected cardio and physicality wise has changed, hence how you see less players now at the top levels who are not in top physical condition.
    And of course size is a concern for scouts at top clubs, the world is full of footballers who were deemed to small to make it at a high professional level. Undoubtedly the skill is there and he can go on to have a very good career . He just needs to keep on top of his fitness.
    Also re reading through some of the comments above - this is a discussion forum and so people will have different opinions which is much appreciated. You do not need to quote about lack of knowledge etc and make things personal.

Comment

First and foremost I'd like to apologise for the comment coming across as personal. Also I guess I misunderstood the reason as to why you brought up Gascoigne. 100% agree with you that the days of footballers being able to be of the same physical condition as darts players are over, however, the reference to 'gym sessions' would make one think of weight/machine assisted exercises because why go to a 'gym' and do a 'gym' session if not? As for stamina, correct me if I'm wrong, but Ghaedi doesn't seems to lack anything in that department.

Secondly, I was wrong to generalise that size is not as important as it is made out to be by some individuals on this forum across ALL sports. It's true you can't be sub 6 foot and play in the NBA or sub 15 stone to top level rugby league. However, there is a reason why I used the word 'integral' in my first post. I never negated size and strength were factors in football; as pyschology or language skills would be. Also what was said about the 'english' prism was spot on and unfortunately I think this sentiment is far more prominent in Iranian culture. I just can't believe people on this forum are talking about a football player having to bulk up when not only is the best player in the world 5 foot 6 but also like half of the top 20.

Finally, what does a 'clip' of a bodybuilder with Ghaedi have to do with any of this? own goal? what XDD? I'm trying really hard to apply the principle of charity here to try to decipher what you're trying to transmit, but please could you help me out with this one... all I presume the very short clip to contain is a bodybuilder (which has nothing to do with sport) with Ghaedi doing exercises. Wrestlers will sometimes play basketball to warm up given they have the facilities in the sports hall they're training in, or boxers might even do a bit of arithmetic heavy hand eye coordination exercises, or even footballers might play something as stupid as tig, for what you might ask? to break up the monotony of their training regimes whilst they still do something that compliments their end goal in some loose way.

Comment

I’m the guy who goes to the gym and just does cardio 😂 by gym sessions I meant training as well , building on his muscle mass. The guy has a lot of talent and with the right commitment, people around him and luck he can be one of our top players going forward to take over from those players who will be in their 30s when he hits his prime . I want him to want to achieve his best and play at the highest level that he can.

Comment

Originally posted by AliDaeiNumber1Fan View Post
          First and foremost I'd like to apologise for the comment coming across as personal. Also I guess I misunderstood the reason as to why you brought up Gascoigne. 100% agree with you that the days of footballers being able to be of the same physical condition as darts players are over, however, the reference to 'gym sessions' would make one think of weight/machine assisted exercises because why go to a 'gym' and do a 'gym' session if not? As for stamina, correct me if I'm wrong, but Ghaedi doesn't seems to lack anything in that department.

Secondly, I was wrong to generalise that size is not as important as it is made out to be by some individuals on this forum across ALL sports. It's true you can't be sub 6 foot and play in the NBA or sub 15 stone to top level rugby league. However, there is a reason why I used the word 'integral' in my first post. I never negated size and strength were factors in football; as pyschology or language skills would be. Also what was said about the 'english' prism was spot on and unfortunately I think this sentiment is far more prominent in Iranian culture. I just can't believe people on this forum are talking about a football player having to bulk up when not only is the best player in the world 5 foot 6 but also like half of the top 20.

Finally, what does a 'clip' of a bodybuilder with Ghaedi have to do with any of this? own goal? what XDD? I'm trying really hard to apply the principle of charity here to try to decipher what you're trying to transmit, but please could you help me out with this one... all I presume the very short clip to contain is a bodybuilder (which has nothing to do with sport) with Ghaedi doing exercises. Wrestlers will sometimes play basketball to warm up given they have the facilities in the sports hall they're training in, or boxers might even do a bit of arithmetic heavy hand eye coordination exercises, or even footballers might play something as stupid as tig, for what you might ask? to break up the monotony of their training regimes whilst they still do something that compliments their end goal in some loose way.
          What exercises does one warm up with when preparing to suplex Neymar?

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
            I’m the guy who goes to the gym and just does cardio 😂 by gym sessions I meant training as well , building on his muscle mass. The guy has a lot of talent and with the right commitment, people around him and luck he can be one of our top players going forward to take over from those players who will be in their 30s when he hits his prime . I want him to want to achieve his best and play at the highest level that he can.
            Yeah I really like him as well, honestly can see him being my favourite player if he was more consistent. I was butt hurt as well when he signed for al gooz but hey we should have gotten used to this shet by now... and yeah I guess being someone whose only just started going to a normal gym because boxing gyms have become unaccessible since lockdowns became fashionable my normal-gym-related concepts aren't the most accurate.

But just imagine him with more muscle mass... I actually really like him because like inArseneweTrust said he's a really classy player who works on the more technical aspect of the game like Neymar and doesn't consantly work on the size of his ass like Kante/Milner. Personally, I think it would ruin this really special composition of skills and abilities that he has.

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
              What exercises does one warm up with when preparing to suplex Neymar?
              I only did koshti for a short while but I can tell you haven't ever even attempted a ye kham apart from the time you went with Jerry to hollywood blvd and you had one too many jaegerbombs.

After the mats are layed down (I live outside Iran so we don't have koshti dedicated gyms) we put on our clean koshti shoes and proceed to do running/cartwheels/forward roles/backward roles/shadow ye khams/amongst other random shit on the mats. Then you stretch your whole body from the your big toe to your neck, spending around 1/3 of your time on your neck and finishing with hand/headstands. This is just one way but at no point is the intention to increase our strength so?

Comment

I only did koshti for a short while but I can tell you haven't ever even attempted a ye kham apart from the time you went with Jerry to hollywood blvd and you had one too many jaegerbombs.

After the mats are layed down (I live outside Iran so we don't koshti dedicated gyms) we put on our clean koshti shoes and proceed to do running/cartwheels/forward roles/backward roles/shadow ye khams/amongst other random shit on the mats. Then you stretch your whole body from the your big toe to your neck, spending around 1/3 of your time on your neck and finishing with hand/headstands. This is just one way but at no point is the intention to increase our strength so?
                I don’t drink or know Jerry, but I have a black belt in Hapkido.

Comment

I don’t drink or know Jerry, but I have a black belt in Hapkido.
                  Thanks for the info... didn't know what hapkido was so gave it a youtube and it looks interesting! possibly more useless than wing tzun outside of a martial arts film but interesting nonetheless.

Just finished watching the move where you bend a guys floppy wrist with two hands XDDDD amazing I love this

Update: watched a few more videos and it looks like taekowndo plus bjj in some sparring videos and heavy footed karate plus bjj in others... with the former having body protection and the latter with only head and shin... not really sure what it still is to be honest with you

Comment

Thanks for the info... didn't know what hapkido was so gave it a youtube and it looks interesting! possibly more useless than wing tzun outside of a martial arts film but thanks for the knowledge nonetheless.

Just finished watching the move where you bend a guys floppy wrist with two hands XDDDD amazing I love this
                    And what is your talent? Just wrestling for a “short while”?

Comment

And what is your talent? Just wrestling for a “short while”?
                      Updated my comment above as I watched a few more videos and I'm really confused as to what it is... my talent is being number1 keyboard warrior on whole of persian football dot cum. Go to the gym often to work on my finger strength to make sure I keep you in the wrong.

Comment

Updated my comment above as I watched a few more videos and I'm really confused as to what it is... my talent is being number1 keyboard warrior on whole of persian football dot cum. Go to the gym often to work on my finger strength to make sure I keep you in the wrong.
                        Whatever keeps you off Hollywood blvd and away from Jerry. He sounds like a bad influence.

Comment

Whatever keeps you off Hollywood blvd and away from Jerry. He sounds like a bad influence.
                          oon pedar sookhte Jerrrrrrrrrr-rry

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                            Ghayedi is 5ft5. Taller than insigne, giovinco. Same height as veratti, cazorla. Only an inch shorter than the likes of Valbuena, alexis sanchez.

His height is not a valid reason for him not to succeed in Europe, so we can stop pedaling that. Would his physique overall have been of major concern to some teams, sure. But we see players with same size profile on teams like porto (conceicaos kid also has no muscle mass and is hailed as next big thing) and actually across the Portuguese league.

From evidence we have (limited) ghayedi was able to hold his own vs physical opponents. See performance when he came on vs bosnia, see ACL games against international caliber defenders like mercado, benatia, etc. they all struggled to contain him.

And as for “he should have been in gym” argument, I actuallt think the difference between his body when he first came to esteghlal vs now is considerable , he has clearly been working at it. Ofc we don’t need him to be overly muscular, more so he needs to be able to withstand a lot of contact. This is something playing in the right european league he could really improve and achieve fairly quickly.

Ghayedi makes up for his underweight frame with great speed, insane dribbling ability, and excellent finishing. The power he generates for somebody of his stature just shows that his size should not be the decisive factor, his technique is brilliant.

There are plenty of examples of people his height making it at the top level, unfortunately wasting additional time in persian gulf leagues will not allow him the necessary adaptation period he needs if he wants to really go far in Europe. It will be much harder for ghayedi to make instant impact from qatar/uae/iran on a league like Portugal than it was for taremi.
                            Excellent post.

Comment

Reza Asadi is the main candidate to replace Nourollahi at Perspolis.
                              https://www.tarafdari.com/node/1980936

Comment

In Ali Nemati's transfer from Padideh to Perspolis falls through, Yahya will opt for Aref Aghasi .
                                https://www.tarafdari.com/node/1980924

Comment

Working...
                                X