Iranian Football Summer Transfers | 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
    We don't need "ok" players for our national team.

The amount of goals we conceded on the left side of the field due to him being completely absent as a LB is very unacceptable. He simply never adapted to the LB position, despite being given over a 80 chances? He used to be good in midfield, but now he's even bad at that too. I honestly can't think of any reason other than internal connections that he keeps being invited. He is also awful at set pieces and hogs them all when he is playing, he can't do a damn thing other than run. Him and Shojaei made us a man down almost every time they played for us.
    I'm curious...who would you guys have in his place right now that is not just ok but great. I don't disagree with you but what is the solution? He has over 80 caps for a reason...and the more caps he has the more opportunity for both success and failures. Need I remind you without his assist we could not have won the Iraq match?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
      I'm curious...who would you guys have in his place right now that is not just ok but great. I don't disagree with you but what is the solution? He has over 80 caps for a reason...and the more caps he has the more opportunity for both success and failures. Need I remind you without his assist we could not have won the Iraq match?

Milad Mo is significantly better than Hajsafi as an LB, there’s no debate to be had on that. Hajsafi has 80+ caps bc he has been used as a LB, LM, LW, and CDM and based on the coaches needs, he has played. He had one of his best TM performances in recent years for sure against Iraq but that doesn’t change the fact that 75-80% of his TM caps have been horrible. You can’t find one person in TM history who turns the ball over as much as him and has made some very costly mistakes along the way too.
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Disagree. Hasn't been great...but he has been ok. We have had worse than him back there.

AGREED! The hate by some on this board for Hajsafi is insane. Dude saved our WC campaign last month. He was our best LB by far (what happened to Milad, who knows). He provides useful versatility at CDM. And he always works hard for TM. This guy tried so hard to make it in Europe and was prevented at various times in Iran from transferring. I applaud his efforts and support his continued role as a rotational LB.

Great work getting back to Europe and with Karim, Ehsan! Just in time for WC2022. You've once again put country before comfort and we appreciate that!

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
          Milad Mo is significantly better than Hajsafi as an LB, there’s no debate to be had on that. Hajsafi has 80+ caps bc he has been used as a LB, LM, LW, and CDM and based on the coaches needs, he has played. He had one of his best TM performances in recent years for sure against Iraq but that doesn’t change the fact that 75-80% of his TM caps have been horrible. You can’t find one person in TM history who turns the ball over as much as him and has made some very costly mistakes along the way too.
          I like Milmo....but he is small and a dominant player with height advantage makes him look silly. He is faster than Hajsafi but you need both types.

Comment

I like Milmo....but he is small and a dominant player with height advantage makes him look silly. He is faster than Hajsafi but you need both types.
            hajsafi and milad are the same height exactly. 1.78 m

Hajsafi has been killed defensively so many times. When he is not isolated 1v1 he can do OK in LB role bc he knows how to get fouls, relieve pressure on team, better technically than milad.

But man is he a train wreck in midfield.And yeah we have better players than him in that role so he should never ever play there. At least skocic found this out during the recent matches and quickly reverted him to LB.

If milad plays at 1/2 of his regular self he is the starting LB. The issue is for TM recently he shows up to games like he is as high as a kite. In that case Ehsan is the best option until another LB makes the step up (Salmani possibly this season in portugal, derakhshanmehr if he moves abroad).

But 1 good game out of the past 15 doesn't mean we can forget how horrible hajsafi has been. And even vs Iraq he wasnt even ran at once, that is where he is the biggest liability as we have seen countless times.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

Hajsafi has been killed defensively so many times. When he is not isolated 1v1 he can do OK in LB role bc he knows how to get fouls, relieve pressure on team, better technically than milad.
              Can't believe it but Milmo is actually taller than Hajsafi. I dunno why he looks so small on TV. I do prefer Milad and I like his pace but neither he nor Hajsafi have played consistent. Not sure at this stage I would go with one over the other but Hajsafi has experience and I think the two can be used to create competition for the role.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                I can. SHOJAIE was absolutely the all time give away machine. Poor dribbles, poor passing, and always late to the game. I dont recall ever seeing a match in which I thought Masoud was just ok. When he played he was the most definitely our weakest link.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

But man is he a train wreck in midfield.And yeah we have better players than him in that role so he should never ever play there. At least skocic found this out during the recent matches and quickly reverted him to LB.

If milad plays at 1/2 of his regular self he is the starting LB. The issue is for TM recently he shows up to games like he is as high as a kite. In that case Ehsan is the best option until another LB makes the step up (Salmani possibly this season in portugal, derakhshanmehr if he moves abroad).

But 1 good game out of the past 15 doesn't mean we can forget how horrible hajsafi has been. And even vs Iraq he wasnt even ran at once, that is where he is the biggest liability as we have seen countless times.
                  Saeid Aghaei is better than the both of them.

People say how awful Hajsafi is but they never mention Jahanbakhsh. Between the two Hajsafi has been way more important for TM, yet the consensus is that not only should Jahanbakhsh be in TM but also as a starter, why is that?

Comment

Milad is way overrated here. I am not a fan of Hajsafi but there is reason why both CQ and Skocic trust him over Milad as LB.
                    And yes Aghaei is the most modern LB in Iran, sadly he is injury prone otherwise he deserves to be part of the squad at least.
                    Good eye again by CQ to invite him when he was no one.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dortmund View Post
                      Hopefully Hajsafi leaving won't block a Euro bid for Salmani if one comes
                      Aek seems to be fond of Iranians but too bad they don't focus on Salmani or ghaedi

Comment

Welp, looks like it's almost a done deal. Farmers League it is then

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                          This is great news!! He will be a star in the Eredivisie and regain his confidence. Feyenoord is a great club located in a beautiful city. It is the perfect place for Alireza. They play with classic wingers, Berghuis (also a winger) became their star after a failed stint in the Premier League and JB is a better player than him. I'm glad he chose for his career over money, he can always move to Qatar or China when he is in his 30's.

Comment

I think him moving to Feyenoord will do wonders for him. If he can help them reach top-3, he will be the main reason why. He's comfortable in Holland and needs to regain his confidence.

I just wish our players move back to Bundesliga at some point. Cannot believe getting into the Premier League is easier for our players than getting into Germany - considering we had a lot of good players there before.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

Damn, that's kind of sad. Massive paycut and lower quality league. Hopefully he takes the league by storm and becomes top scorer, top assister, and player of the season.

I would have loved a team like VFL Wolfsburg, less of a downgrade (honestly probably pretty even or better than Brighton), better attacking football, and quality domestic league and champions league. If Wout Weghorst is their best scorer, then certainly JB could have been a strong player for them...

Comment

Originally posted by persian_parsa View Post
                                Damn, that's kind of sad. Massive paycut and lower quality league. Hopefully he takes the league by storm and becomes top scorer, top assister, and player of the season.
                                I would have loved a team like VFL Wolfsburg, less of a downgrade (honestly probably pretty even or better than Brighton), better attacking football, and quality domestic league and champions league. If Wout Weghorst is their best scorer, then certainly JB could have been a strong player for them...
                                His former AZ teammate, Wout Weghorst, is killing it the Bundesliga league. And Ali was much better than Wout when they played together.

Seems much easier to transition into Bundesliga than EPL from Eredivisie. Wonder why no German teams are not taking a chance on him? If he really had the Union Berlin offer, he should have gone there.

Comment

Working...
                                X