Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Iranian teams (in saudi hosted groups) withdraw from ACL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes
    0%
    No
    0%

If we do such a thing we will be banned for years from AFC.
    I honestly wouldn't be upset, but it would be cruel to our players.

Comment

Unfortunately it wouldn’t do anything. In fact the corrupt AFC would probably be happy to see that and I’d rather not give them any joy

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
        If we do such a thing we will be banned for years from AFC.
        I honestly wouldn't be upset, but it would be cruel to our players.
        On the other side, Iran is AFC nice guy that accepts every f u AFC impose to us (mainly because we are in a bad position). The more we are the nice guy, the more they are going to f u. At this rate, we won't play football within AFC but a game with different rules than in the rest of the world.
        Dont think it will change much if they ban us for 5 years to play against al kuft. Hopefully it force more IPL players to go to Europe rather than having the fake impression ACL is important.
        At the same time, we should apply to join UEFA, or an other confederation. Even if it is going to be rejected, we should insist several times and during several years so one day the idea could become realistic

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19
          Sadly, during these times with our country being sanctioned, and financials not being available for IFF to bribe or get key people in positions at AFC that could benefit our teams, the only thing that could stop these silly antics of AFC is for our teams to go and play all their matches and obliterate their opponents with very high margin goal count. If our teams can show that doesn't matter where is the venue, we are going to win, they'll prove that moving venues around won't effect our players.

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
          On the other side, Iran is AFC nice guy that accepts every f u AFC impose to us (mainly because we are in a bad position). The more we are the nice guy, the more they are going to f u. At this rate, we won't play football within AFC but a game with different rules than in the rest of the world.
          Dont think it will change much if they ban us for 5 years to play against al kuft. Hopefully it force more IPL players to go to Europe rather than having the fake impression ACL is important.
          At the same time, we should apply to join UEFA, or an other confederation. Even if it is going to be rejected, we should insist several times and during several years so one day the idea could become realistic
          I see the idea of joining UEFA get mentioned a lot on PFDC, and while it sounds like a good idea, what is TM going to do when we have to play Israel? Is the whole team going to declare "sick" so they don't have to play? Until Iran and Israel have some sort of "normal" relations, where our athletes can compete against Israeli athletes without any sort of retribution, IFF joining UEFA is not going to work.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
            Sadly, during these times with our country being sanctioned, and financials not being available for IFF to bribe or get key people in positions at AFC that could benefit our teams, the only thing that could stop these silly antics of AFC is for our teams to go and play all their matches and obliterate their opponents with very high margin goal count. If our teams can show that doesn't matter where is the venue, we are going to win, they'll prove that moving venues around won't effect our players.
            I see the idea of joining UEFA get mentioned a lot on PFDC, and while it sounds like a good idea, what is TM going to do when we have to play Israel? Is the whole team going to declare "sick" so they don't have to play? Until Iran and Israel have some sort of "normal" relations, where our athletes can compete against Israeli athletes without any sort of retribution, IFF joining UEFA is not going to work.
            About UEFA, russia already avoid playing Ukraine, I think there is limitations between others countries (spain/ Gibraltar, Armenia/Azerbaijan, kosovo/serbia..).

Of course Israel can also join AFC with their new arab buddies and switch with us. With Asia getting 8 spot for wc2026, joining asia will be attractive.

Also I said UEFA, but even joining africa, north or south America or Oceania will be better than AFC

Comment

YES ! If it doesn't affect Team melli then yes do it. Who gives a F about AFC anyways! It doesn't even have a high credibility (internationally).

Specially This new format that only allows us to play against east asian countries only in finals.

Let them have their 200 fans in each game and 2000 views per game.

Comment

Working...
              X