Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Haj Safi's Return to Sepahan Bring Back Glory Days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Haj Safi's Return to Sepahan Bring Back Glory Days?

The most resounding position change in Team Melli history in my mind belongs to Haj Safi's conversion to Left-back. In the days of Afshin Ghotbi, TM was in dire need of a LB. In the past, players like Sattar Zareh and Nosrati who normally played as a CB had filled that position. As a result, Ghotbi incorporated Haj Safi into the LB role from his natural DM position that already benefited from the presence of Nekounam and Ando.
    Now, he has returned to this boyhood club. Will he demand to play in midfield as is his natural position, or will need to bow to the instructions of his ex-captain and current manager?
    Haj Safi has returned to a team that he has a history of 229 league games for. Ehsan is the current leader in assists in Sepahan who has assisted 41 goals for Sepahan. With 32 goals, his name is one of the top three scorers in the history of this club in the Persian Gulf League. Haj Safi is also the youngest player and the youngest goalscorer in the history of the Sepahan Football Club.

sigpic

I strongly disagree about the LB assessment. He was as bad as Sattar Zare in left back position. He can’t defend there and misses his man way too often.

He was ok as a CDM or LW. One of the most overrated TM players in history considering his caps. Him and Masoud Shojaei.

Comment

Ali Badavi was the best left back we had in that generation. Unfortunately after the incident with Rezaei during the AC, he never got called up again.
      "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Wasnt Mehrdad Pooladi the best LB of the last years ?

Also i never, i mean never liked Hajsafi. Never understood why he was called the biggest Talent and bever understood why he was a fixed player, he didnt even make it in Bundesliga 2 !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mahsaa View Post
          Wasnt Mehrdad Pooladi the best LB of the last years ?
          Also i never, i mean never liked Hajsafi. Never understood why he was called the biggest Talent and bever understood why he was a fixed player, he didnt even make it in Bundesliga 2 !!!
          That idiot cost us the AC. BEIKZADEH was the best during that specific stretch however he was always injured during big competitions.
          "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Best LB in a long time has been Milad Mohammadi.

Comment

Hajsafi is by far the most overrated player in TM history. His several decent games in TM came from him playing as a CDM....whenever he has played LB he has been responsible for some very crucial goals. I will never understand why the heck CQ opted for him against Portugal instead of Milad Mo.
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

He can help with the space program, they will put the astronauts on the free kick spot

Comment

I think it’s clear that so far nobody believes Hajsafi will be bringing glory to Sepahan lol. I also always hated his play as a LB, he never adapted to the position and always had VERY poor man marking abilities. Every time a weird goal was scored on us the replay would show Hajsafi in nowhere land leaving his man wide open. I can see his ability to be a utility player and good stamina as a pull factor but it’s still shocking how every recent TM coach has selected him to be part of the team since 2008...
                  --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                  --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                  ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                  --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                  ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                    Best LB in a long time has been Milad Mohammadi.
                    The problem I have with Milad is he has mental lapses sometimes, and isn't the best crosser

But he's still by far the most polished left back we have. Losing Milad to an injury would be detrimental to Team Melli.

Comment

Hajsafi like everyone already said, is severely overrated, alongside Shojaei. Both players overextended their time of play for the national team.

You'd think they'd have enough self awareness to retire LOL

Hajsafi barely deserves a spot on the bench IMO. He's weak on the ball and would be a disaster at CDM/LB. The only position I could maybe see him play is LM, but even then please stay away from Team Melli thanks.

Comment

To answer OP no.

It is however likely to destroy the progress of any young mids sepahan have

Comment

Haj safi was CDM and he did really great in that position. They used to call him fabregas and we all had high hopes for him making it in europe. I have no idea why did CQ use him as LB! This was a huge mistake if you ask me.

Right now Ali karimi is possibly our best MD. He has similar style to nekounam.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                            Haj safi was CDM and he did really great in that position. They used to call him fabregas and we all had high hopes for him making it in europe. I have no idea why did CQ use him as LB! This was a huge mistake if you ask me.

Right now Ali karimi is possibly our best MD. He has similar style to nekounam.
                            Is Ezatolahi a joke to you?

Comment

Yes he is .I had big hopes for him back in 2018 but now he has totally lost it for me. I don't consider him a Team melli Material. Thats my opinion armin jan and you should respect that.
                              Originally posted by Armin98 View Post
                              Is Ezatolahi a joke to you?

Comment

Working...
                              X