Pick Six

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pick Six

Sardar Azmoun [CF] (Russia) 1,565 minutes, 12 goals, 5 assists; 48 caps, 31 goals
    Mehdi Taremi [CF, RW, LW] (Portugal) 2,130 minutes, 15 goals, 11 assists; 46 caps, 21 goals
    Allahyar Sayyadmanesh [CF, RW, LW, CAM] (Ukraine) 607 minutes, 5 goals, 2 assists; 1 cap 1 goal
    Shahab Zahedi [CF, LW] (Ukraine) 1,057 minutes, 9 goals, 3 assists; Uncapped
    Karim Ansarifard [CF] (Greece) 1,924 minutes, 11 goals, 0 assists; 74 caps, 18 goals
    Kaveh Rezaei [CF] (Belgium) 1,749 minutes, 8 goals, 1 assists; 11 caps, 1 goal
    Ali Alipour [CF, RW] (Portugal) 583 minutes, 0 goals, 0 assists; 2 caps; 0 goals
    -------
    Saman Ghoddos [CAM, LW, RW, CF] (England) 1,648 minutes, 4 goals, 3 assists; 21 caps, 2 goals
    Alireza Jahanbakhsh [RW, LW, CAM] (England) 528 minutes, 2 goals, 2 assists; 44 caps, 5 goals
    Ali Gholizadeh [RW, LW, CAM] (Belgium) 2,658 minutes, 7 goals, 7 assists; 6 caps, 3 goals
    Jafar Salmani [LW] (Portugal) 183 minutes, 1 goal, 1 assist; Uncapped
    Mehdi Ghaedi [LW, CF] (Iran) 1,432 minutes, 4 goals, 3 assists; 2 caps, 1 goal
    Mehrdad Mohammadi [RW, CF] (Qatar) 1,264 minutes, 9 goals, 1 assists; 2 caps, 1 goal
    Vahid Amiri [LW, CAM, CF] (Iran) 1,376 minutes, 2 goals, 2 assists; 46 caps, 1 goal
    Mehdi Torabi [LW, RW] (Qatar/Iran) 546 minutes, 2 goals, 0 assists; 26 caps, 6 goals
    Mohammad Mohebi [LW] (Iran) 741 minutes, 2 goals, 0 assists; 3 caps, 2 goals

At the moment I would go with: Azmoun, Taremi, Ghoddos, Gholizadeh, Sayyadmanesh, Zahedi
    - Rezaei is really unlucky not to have more caps and goals but unfortunately at the moment he is struggling for form and fitness after his injury issues this year
    - Jahanbakhsh hasn't played enough football
    - Ghaedi, Zahedi and Ansarifard are all fighting for that sixth spot for me. You could make a case for all of them, let's not forget Ansarifard plays for a big club in Greece and has played as a LW under Queiroz in the past, but I think his age slightly goes against him and he is maybe just crowded out by Zahedi's season. I think you could also argue the other way, Zahedi has just transferred to a new team and he hasn't won a place in the starting 11 yet, though maybe that's harsh on him. Ghaedi is very talented and scored for Iran against a tough team like Bosnia, Skocic may want to keep the faith with him.

What do you think?

I think of it as 2 per position and believe these guys are competing for 4 spots so:

Azmoun + Kaveh/Zahedi
    Taremi + Allahyar
    Gholi + ARJ
    Ghoddos + Amiri

Comment

Taremi - Azmoun - Ghoddos - Gholizadeh - Jahanbakhsh - Sayyadmanesh/Ansarifard ( depends on what you need, experience or youth)

Comment

Azmoun
        Taremi
        Sayyadmanesh
        Ghoddos
        Gholizadeh
        Ghaedi

Azmoun, Taremi and Sayyadmanesh can all play as striker. Taremi and Sayyadmanesh can also play as second striker and as wingers/wide positions. Ghoddos and Gholizadeh can play as CAM and as wingers. Ghaedi can play as second striker/supporting forward and as Winger.

There is no need for Rezaei or Zahedi when Azmoun, Taremi and Sayyadmanesh are fit. Ansarifard can still remain an option as he is very flexible, he can play in the forward positions and as midfielder.

Amiri has a special place and should always be a part of TM in his current form. The man is an engine and can play on any position except as goalkeeper and central defender.

Comment

Azmoun
          Taremi
          Ansarifard
          Ghoddos
          Gholizadeh
          Ghaedi

Comment

Very easy one..... taremi, azmoun, ghoddos, jahanbakhsh, gholizadeh, sayyadmanesh

All 6 of them are must haves in TM.
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
              I think of it as 2 per position and believe these guys are competing for 4 spots
              4-2-3-1? It's possible, if you think that then go for 8. I think Skocic is gonna continue with the back 3 and play 3-4-3 or 3-4-1-2.

Comment

Not sure we can speculate on his preferred formation but I think that covers it well as the pairs are very similar in terms of how they can be used.

Comment

Working...
                X