Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vote: Iran's player of the year (Choose max 3 choices)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vote: Iran's player of the year (Choose max 3 choices)

So we are almost at the end of the current year and time to do my traditional thread to ask PDFC friends to select the best Iranian footballer of the year. This question is based on the club/TM performance in the current Persian year 1399 from March 2020 till now!

In the past 5 years I posted similar threads and Jahanbakhsh, Azmoun, Jahanbakhsh, Beiranvand and Azmoun won them in 1394, 1395, 1396, 1397 and 1398 respectively!

1394: http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...er-of-the-year
    1395: http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...er-of-the-year
    1396: http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...es)&highlight=
    1397: http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...es)&highlight=
    1398: http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...es)&highlight=

Options are in alphabetical order. A few of the choices were very difficult to make. If your player is not in the list put his name in the comments.

Choose between 1 to 3 players. Explain your choices if you wish.
    Amir Abedzadeh
    0%
    Karim Ansarifard
    0%
    Sardar Azmoun
    0%
    Alireza Beiranvand
    0%
    Saeed Ezzatollahi
    0%
    Mehdi Ghaedi
    0%
    saman Ghoddos
    0%
    Ali Gholizadeh
    0%
    Alireza Jahanbakhsh
    0%
    Shoja Khalilzadeh
    0%
    Hamed Lak
    0%
    Mehrdad Mohammadi
    0%
    Milad Mohammadi
    0%
    Sadegh Moharrami
    0%
    Omid Noorafkan
    0%
    Kaveh Rezaei
    0%
    Allahyar Sayyadmanesh
    0%
    Mehdi Taremi
    0%
    Shahab Zahedi
    0%
    Others (Karimi, Mohebi, Kanani, Niazmand, Gucci, Rezaeian, Shahbazzadeh, Hosseini, etc)
    0%

The poll is expired.

With an extremely limited number of games this year...

Taremi

Gholizadeh

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
      With an extremely limited number of games this year...

Taremi

Gholizadeh
      The question is based on overall performance including their club games.

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
        The question is based on overall performance including their club games.
        My answer holds for me with the new parameters

Comment

1. Taremi without a doubt
          2. Gholizadeh : a new dimension taken in Belgium
          3. Zahedi : nice perseverance in Europe, with a topscorer title and a nice move
          Azmoun could have been in the 3rd place too

Comment

Taremi - Top scorer in Portugal and now in the top club in Portugal. Shining in CL as well.
            Azmoun - continues to excel, has a higher ceiling but he hasn't even been fully healthy but is one of the best in Russia.
            Gholizadeh - Fresh breath of air, getting better and better, needs to move to another club.

Comment

whats the timeframe again..? when does the year begin and end.?

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                whats the timeframe again..? when does the year begin and end.?
                March 2020-March 2021

Comment

Taremi - top scorer in Portugal at a club who this season without him have struggled. Move to the best club in Portugal - scoring in Champs League knockout phase. Hard work , commitment, great personality - model professional.
                  Azmoun - Top scorer in Russia, some beauties in there. Determination to constantly improve , great to see him play football with a smile on his face too.
                  Ezatolahi - so impressed with him this season - he could have easily just fallen by the wayside. We were laughing at his pictures on Instagram with his food and nothing was football related. He has turned his career around through hard work and also he has gone to a league which is below his level but has shown he is not a big head and is humble. The position he plays for the national team - gives me hope again that we have a top quality player in that position.

Comment

think this year is fairly straightforward :

1. Taremi : finished last szn as top scorer + got his big move to porto and continued to simply tear shit up. The CL goal vs Juve introduced him to a global audience and if he can dump them out of CL next week that would be icing on cake. Every time he takes the pitch right now he is playing at a very high level. Hard to do so consistently as he is

2. Azmoun : His numbers are becoming impossible to argue with, even for his detractors. He is the most complete CF I think we have ever had and has every characteristic for a modern 9 at a big club coupled with perfect combo of age/experience. The only reason he is second is because of zenits terrible form in europe, which is hard to pin on him considering he should never have been on the pitch for most of the games as he was not anywhere near recovered physically from his covid ordeal.

3. Gholizadeh : Consistent output statistically, much improved fitness and durability, and new levels of defensive work/general involvement in the game. Add on top of that he has been absolutely sick whenever he takes pitch for TM and forced himself into xi.

Honorable mentions -

Zahedi : Came from the wilderness to top scorer in ukraine, still young, has a lot of good attributes, and if he can show himself on EL stage in the coming year he could get a big time move.

Ghayedi : Domestically probably the standout performer this year so deserves some sort of mention. He also made his first appearance for TM and scored a brilliant goal to go with his great games in league and ACL. Time for him to make euro jump ASAP

Comment

I think a lot of people are taking Azmoun for granted. He's leading his league in goals for the first place team. Gholizadeh is a nice player and has impressed in Belgium, but can you really compare the two?? Come on.
                      "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Originally posted by The Farbod View Post
                        I think a lot of people are taking Azmoun for granted. He's leading his league in goals for the first place team. Gholizadeh is a nice player and has impressed in Belgium, but can you really compare the two?? Come on.
                        I thought everyone is going to take Taremi for granted. For me, it is Taremi, then Azmoum but I like what Ghoddos is doing too. Gholizadeh is down the pecking order for me with Allahyar, Zahedi, Sadegh Moharammi, Milad Mohammadi and Amir Abedzadeh.

Comment

Originally posted by The Farbod View Post
                          I'm not sure exactly what you mean but perhaps you're contradicting yourself here. As you said, Azmoun plays on the best team in his league VS someone like Taremi, who played in a similar level league (slightly tougher maybe considering Portuguese teams have done better in Europe) and not even on one of it's best teams & also still managed to win top scorer.

Taremi also contributed to more goals overall than Azmoun, again while playing on a much weaker team.

So nobody is taking Azmoun for granted. He's still the best player we have overall in my opinion, but the fact that he played on the best team in his league, and still didn't contribute to as many goals as Taremi (who also played in Europe for the first time last season), goes against Azmoun when considering who had the best year.

EDIT: I agree that Gholizadeh's season was nothing compared to Azmoun's. For sure. Just don't agree with people taking Azmoun for granted.

Comment

1. Taremi - I won't repeat what most other members have already said.

2. Azmoun - Again, no need to repeat what others have already mentioned.

3. Abedzadeh - Very close for me to be honest, despite Amir not having the best stats compared to some of the other competition on the list, I've been very impressed by him over the past 12 months. His reflex saves and accurate long balls have been very impressive for me personally and it's great to see two of our Team Melli keepers in two good leagues in Europe.

Two standouts who could easily be the 3rd vote were probably Zahedi and Gholizadeh. Both of them have great stats to their names over the past year and have a great future ahead of them hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
                              I'm not sure exactly what you mean but perhaps you're contradicting yourself here. As you said, Azmoun plays on the best team in his league VS someone like Taremi, who played in a similar level league (slightly tougher maybe considering Portuguese teams have done better in Europe) and not even on one of it's best teams & also still managed to win top scorer.

Taremi also contributed to more goals overall than Azmoun, again while playing on a much weaker team.

So nobody is taking Azmoun for granted. He's still the best player we have overall in my opinion, but the fact that he played on the best team in his league, and still didn't contribute to as many goals as Taremi (who also played in Europe for the first time last season), goes against Azmoun when considering who had the best year.

EDIT: I agree that Gholizadeh's season was nothing compared to Azmoun's. For sure. Just don't agree with people taking Azmoun for granted.
                              I’m sorry I wasn’t comparing Azmoun to Taremi. Taremi is my #1 with Azmoun a bit behind him. I just saw a bunch of people putting Azmoun third or even lower, which is wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Working...
                              X