Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Iranian football threatened by players "exodus" to Qatar...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pres80 View Post
    I understand that comparing European leagues to Qatar it's obvious we don't want players going to Qatar over Europe but does anyone here think the Iranian league is better in quality?

legitimate question and would be interested to know why if any of you do.
    In terms of football on the pitch and talent of players, absolutely.

Comment

Iranian clubs are bankrupt if they can make some good money from Qatari clubs why not? But young players should prioritize to play in Europe if they can.

We have a huge population the gap will get filled with new talents, it’s good to have players all around the world.

And to be honest Qatar has much better facilities than most of the Iranian clubs, we haven’t won anything in the last 40years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Qatar is a perfect and a dream destination for any Iranian footballer:

1-Geographically its close to Iran
        2- The country is very modern, safe and comfortable and one of the few Iran friendly Arab nations
        3-Most importantly, they can earn astronomical wages on zero tax. no european, iranian or any other club in the world could pay a fraction of what they can earn
        4-If a player has the right mentality, he can even progress in Qatar and do well. playing in Europe has its own risks. adjusting to culture, language, and living conditions breaks many iranian players

Comment

^ true. and players are more into financials than opportunities nowadays due to the situation in Iran. So Qatar has become their safe-haven.
          __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
          We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

For a lot of players it makes sense. For others it’s an unfortunate distraction like in the case of mehrdad mo. I will say the hate and dislike towards QSL was definitely warranted pre 2014 but you guys trying to call it a joke compared to PGPL lose all your credibility when you say that nonsense. Sounds like the equivalent of Bosnian fans thinking they can play their C team against TM and win. Qatar has made HUGE leaps and has an organized program to develop their football and they’re just beginning to see the fruits of their labor. They’re not = to Saudi Arabia, UAE, etc.
            Last edited by Ghermez Agha; 11-12-2020, 07:11 PM.
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I dont think issue with QSL is the facilities, even coaching or playing personnel, players being comfortable, making good money.

The issue i have always had is the INTENSITY.

The big players they do bring in usually play like crap after a few months and they end up recycling them for new toys. Its not the players fault necessarily, but the entire atmosphere of the league and place is just the opposite of competition,fighting for your spot on the roster, etc.

While PGPL may have less organization if you compare to average PGPL and QSL games the difference in intensity and speed of play is quite marked. Their is no "gheyrat" equivalent, considerable fan pressure,etc in QSL.

This translates to some, but not all players, in a negative way. Taremi in QSL was wasting his time and you could argue not being on big stage prior to WC cost him some big goals in high pressure moments. Taremi of today bags at least 1-2 of those 4 big WC chances for sure. That is because your mind is used to being sharp and ready for high pressure moments when you play in europe and have to bust your ass for your spot, accolades, moving to better team, etc. You are much more under the microscope than in qatar. We can also this in Karim's play. He was seriously horrific for TM and that qatari club last year, now looks reborn after a few weeks scoring in greece/EL for a big club. That gives you competitive energy while qatari environment kills competitive energy.

For some players I think QSL is perfect ;

-Ramin (low hashieh environment he can play for a dominant team and keep himself fit and in form and earn good money)

-Shoja (he won everything there is to winin PP except ACL which he got to 2 finals, hadnt been paid in a year, was offered $1.8Mil contract to play for one of the best qatari sides, at age 31 he wont go to europe, perfect option is qatar)

-Omid Ebrahimi (33?, TM vet, experienced ACs and WC, can still contribute to team if called upon, busted his ass in europe for a season, saved a belgian team from relegation, widely regarded in the league as one of the pickups of the summer, returns with enhanced reputation to rich qatari club, plays twilight of his career as club captain making great money, a plus for him considering his pro career started relatively late)

These are the types of players who should be in qatar.

PAG has the quality to go to next level in europe. He was on his way to doing it in crappy Eupen putting in excellent performances, scoring goals, getting interest from many teams. He stupidly went back for "homesickness" or some other BS excuse. If he had taken trabzonspor (no homesickness, guaranteed starter, EL football last year) offer make no mistake he would be the best foreign CB in turkey right now, and if he wanted could easily get top 5 league transfer. IMO his excuses are BS and he is seriously just being a pussy bc he owes it to his talent level to give europe a real go, it was working well for him in belgium.

Torabi .Needs to be pushed in a demanding euro environment to maximize potential. Look at trajectory of gholi and torabi careers have taken since torabi was PGPL player of season on Saipa and Gholi was his right hand man, but nowhere near as good. Gholi went to europe and grew exponentially and is now a key TM player, torabi is lucky to make squad when everybody is available...Qatar will just lead to his continued stagnation and decline, similar to staying in PGPL for a player of his profile.

Mehrdad is somebody I am on fence about. His talent was never really big. He surprised everybody in portugal. He could easily have gone to a midtable team there but I think waited for top 5 league offer that never came (st Ettiene) and then decided to take the enormous qatari salary. I am happy for him because he came from relative obscurity, being an average player in sepahan to making a fuck ton of money in qatar. I think he could have been rotation TM player but its not the end of the world.

Comment

No aziz, Iranian football is threatened by our unfortunate economy. If our clubs had money to keep their players they wouldn’t go to Qatar.

Some of these players panic too when such offers come knocking. It’s like the show “Deal or No deal” for them. Pass on an opportunity to live the rest of your life at ease. Not worrying about anything financially. I can see how for some of them it’s a difficult decision. It sucks for us fans lol, but it is what it is.

When you’re 30 or in the early 30s and Sporting Al Shambalileh offers you $5 million to play 16 matches in front of the baghbaan and aabdaarchi, they choose Al Qatar FC. They don’t get called up to TM is more reason for them to leave cause their stock drops too.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                  No aziz, Iranian football is threatened by our unfortunate economy. If our clubs had money to keep their players they wouldn’t go to Qatar.

Some of these players panic too when such offers come knocking. It’s like the show “Deal or No deal” for them. Pass on an opportunity to live the rest of your life at ease. Not worrying about anything financially. I can see how for some of them it’s a difficult decision. It sucks for us fans lol, but it is what it is.

When you’re 30 or in the early 30s and Sporting Al Shambalileh offers you $5 million to play 16 matches in front of the baghbaan and aabdaarchi, they choose Al Qatar FC. They don’t get called up to TM is more reason for them to leave cause their stock drops too.
                  Hamin.

Ye roozi beshe ma yek dolate mihandoost va mardomdoost va dorost o hesaabi daashte bashim, zirbanaaye footbaalemoon raa besaazim, va lige Qatar mishe yek khaneye salmandan baraye bazikonhaamoon vaghti senneshoon mishe 33-35.
                  Man lighaaye BIDAMTAR az in lighaaye arabie khalije fars nadidam, UAE, Arabestan, Qatar, engar sard-khoone.
                  Adam az zendegi sir mishe vaghti yeki az bazihaashoon raa tamashaa mikone.
                  DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Working...
                  X