Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friendly: Bosnia and Herzegovina - Iran; Info, Updates and Live Reports (12.11.2020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
    Do you want to bring up the record of goals to minutes played for team meli for the three players?

Azmoun has the highest goals to games ratio of any of them.
    Ey val bro. This is it. This is discussion. Thats why we’re here. Well one of them has played significantly less for TM. Bring up their club stats. Thats more fair.

Comment

Azmoun and Taremi play great with each other however, Kavehs link up play is better than both players and would be better upfront in a 2 men system. He would create more goals for his partner upfront and both Sardar and Mehdi would benefit playing with him.
      "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
        So you just wanna present your views and critiques without any rebuttal? This is a discussion community? Instead of saying if you watch this or that I am providing visual examples.
        Lol you can't compare Kaveh to Sardar. Sardar scored against Bayern, Ajax, Atletico, Lyon, became champion of russia (twice) and aghaye goal in the same country, While Kaveh could not succeed at Club Brugge. (& Not even mentioned their stats at team melli) I guess you are just trolling here, or you probably need to stop watching football.

Comment

Well, one of your paragraphs was about missing chances and you talked about Rezaei and Ansarifard but not Azmoun. I thought this would be relevant.
          I actually said I dont really care that Kaveh missed a chance. I was impressed by the fact unlike Karim he rebounded and scored the next one.

The issue with his game is overall play and ability to impact match when you put some physical CBs on him. He struggles to hold the ball up. This was main complaint of brugge and the reason he was offloaded. Not comparable to azmoun.

This was around 4 sentences, hope not too long for you.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            Are you serious? How did this actually become a discussion where we are beating up our best player bc our third choice striker pressed well?

Im not sure anybody is talking negatively about kaveh. I admire his mentality, strong pressing ability, and general play. Hes a great backup option. We have two great CFs in azmoun and taremi that many international teams in the world, even those much better than us would die to have in their teams.

Why cant we be happy about that?
            "Why cant we be happy about that?" That is a question for our whole nation and our attitude and if we learn to acknowledge our accomplishments, our points of strengths and weaknesses and learn and move forward while answering that question, we will be a better nation and we will have a better football team.

Let's acknowledge that Sardar and Taremi are at a different level and acknowledge and praise Kaveh for his continuing contributions over the years. Why can't we be happy with that while not making anyone wrong and making everyone great?

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
              I actually said I dont really care that Kaveh missed a chance. I was impressed by the fact unlike Karim he rebounded and scored the next one.

The issue with his game is overall play and ability to impact match when you put some physical CBs on him. He struggles to hold the ball up. This was main complaint of brugge and the reason he was offloaded. Not comparable to azmoun.

This was around 4 sentences, hope not too long for you.
              What is your opinion on Azmoun’s tendency to miss easy chances? Russian cup semi-final also comes to mind...

Comment

Where do you guys rank Issa Alekasir in the striker depth list? Do you guys think he is TM material? (What is your opinions about him?)

Comment

Ey val bro. This is it. This is discussion. Thats why we’re here. Well one of them has played significantly less for TM. Bring up their club stats. Thats more fair.

Rezaei is great for his club.

I can say without a doubt that i've watched maybe 60-75% of every game he's played in europe live.

He has good finishing, good linkup play and vision, but he really does struggle versus very strong CBs and he needs support up top to help him get on the ball more and start those build up and linkup plays, isolated he's not very good and frequently gets taken out of the game.
                  AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

inarsenewetrust, notice I have not made one belittling statement towards you like “is this too long for you to understand?” Damet garm.

Comment

Instead of selectively choosing Sardar's misses over many amazing goals he has scored for club and country, let's acknowledge that he along with Mehdi Taremi are our most effective and lethal forwards at this point. This doesn't take away anything from Kaveh's greatness. I am reposting what I wrote about his goal against BHG a couple days ago.

The first goal against BHG was the product of Amiri's quickness in punishing the BHG left defense for his error and making an accurate pass inside the box to Kaveh. Watch Kaveh's beautiful touch and then the world class surgical strike between three BHG defenders that hits inside the post and rolls in away from the diving BHG keeper. This one was Messi-like. It was definitely not easy and both Amiri and Kaveh created something out of nothing: https://video.varzesh3.com/video/222...7%DB%8C%DB%8C)

Go TM!
                      Go Sardar!
                      Go Taremi!
                      Go Kaveh!

Comment

What is your opinion on Azmoun’s tendency to miss easy chances? Russian cup semi-final also comes to mind...
                        Azmoun misses chances like all other CFs. I dont think he misses an abnormal amount of chances. That russian cup semi final was one of his best matches actually besides the one miss.

He is improving on that front though. I agree sometimes he loses focus on easy chances. This is evolving season to season as he gets more experience.

He finished as 2nd top striker in RPL two seasons ago, had 17 goals and 7 assists in all comps. Followed it up with a 21 goal and 8 assist season last year, top scorer and you can bring up russian cup semi final, but what about lyon match away (a CL semi finalist), 1 chance, 1 key goal. Benfica match also. What about key league matches to decide title vs krasnodar? What about Russian super Cup brace vs lokomotiv? The season before winning the Fenerbahce EL match single handedly? Scoring vs Villareal ?(could have scored more than night)

There is just too large of a sample size to post a couple videos of missed chances as if that is indicative of something. You can make that about any forward on earth, haaland to lewandowski to aubameyang. They all miss multiple chances a game. IF azmouns statistically was plateauing or declining I would agree that it might be a bigger issue but he is actually consistently improving goal scoring totals and conversion rate.

The guy is CL proven and is the best striker in his league. CQ compared him to van nistelrooy who he coached at united. Sardar is still not at his peak yet and has already accomplished all this.

Comment

Forget the GIFs for a moment. I can bring up even more goals than that. I’ve watched all his TM and CL/EL games, and probably ~80% of his Zenit games. I have never made or will ever make the argument that Rezaei, Taremi or anyone else is a better player than him. But I do recognize and admit he has flaws, like every other player or may be less effective with certain tactics. I stand by what I said previously, I don’t think he gives you the work rate of a Rezaei or Taremi. I’ve seen many games where he starts very hashari, but he burns out. He does get subbed out often. More than Dzyuba who, despite his size and age, has a pretty impressive work rate.

Comment

Team Melli:

U20: 19 games and 19 goals.
                            Seniors: 51 games and 33 goals.

FC Zenit Saint Petersburg:

51 games and 32 goals.

Haters gonna hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
                              Haters gonna hate.
                              Pointing out strengths and weaknesses of players isn't "hating".

Kaveh and Mehdi are better at pressing for a longer period of time.

But there are obviously other aspects in which sardar is clearly superior.
                              Last edited by The; 11-14-2020, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                                Pointing out strengths and weaknesses of players isn't "hating".
                                We can tell the difference between pointing out strenghts and weaknesses and hating. And some here appear to be a bit jelly. A strikers job is to score goals and Azmoun has been doing that pretty damn well, in fact if he continues like this he will become TM's best striker ever.

You yourself where hating big time on Azmoun in the past and just recently hating on Ezatolahi (all it takes is a look in your posts). I mean these two are among our most talented players, so why would you hate on them? It's one thing to name the strengths and weaknesses of any TM player. But what you and Mehdi are doing is systematic bashing and that my friend has nothing to do with analysing a players game.

So have you thus far listed the strengths and weaknesses of Kaveh Rezaei yet? If not, why not start now on this thread?

Comment

Working...
                                X