This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
    I have a feeling our 4 friendlies in june will be against Costa Rica, New Zealand, Peru and Australia.
    I think given our federation, it'll instead be Cambodia, New Mexico United, Perspolis B team, and Azerbaijan. Let's hope you're right tho
    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
      I think given our federation, it'll instead be Cambodia, New Mexico United, Perspolis B team, and Azerbaijan. Let's hope you're right tho
      Haha you’re more likely to be right.
      I’m just basing it on our friendlies being in Qatar, and those teams being there for the playoffs.
      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

I don’t really care who is coaching TM. I just want 2 players on every freaking position that knows exactly what to do if for example AJB, Saeid or taremi can’t play. That was CQ’s success with TM. Even if a back-up player comes on with lower quality, they know exactly what to do so we don’t get punished. Right now it seems we have 11 players and nobody that can fill their void, hope something will happen soon. I am just very scared that we might end up missing several key-players and nobody that can fill the void after them.

Comment

I can be ok with us playing Qatar in one of the friendlies. They do have a non asian style in their game, could be a ok (ish) prep complement with other friendlies. Rather them or Japan than any other team in afc
          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Friendlies! There must be many teams who want to play us, I consider Iran as the favorite in all three games in Qatar for sure, just pray for a good Moderating there Hakuna Matata I am more worried about how we are gonna play Netherlands
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shantaram View Post
              I don’t really care who is coaching TM. I just want 2 players on every freaking position that knows exactly what to do if for example AJB, Saeid or taremi can’t play. That was CQ’s success with TM. Even if a back-up player comes on with lower quality, they know exactly what to do so we don’t get punished. Right now it seems we have 11 players and nobody that can fill their void, hope something will happen soon. I am just very scared that we might end up missing several key-players and nobody that can fill the void after them.
              CQ had the same plan regardless of position. Park the bus. Everyone who played had a single task. Not hard to teach an entire lineup and subs to park the bus...

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
              Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Please keep this sewage to the single thread.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                  CQ had the same plan regardless of position. Park the bus. Everyone who played had a single task. Not hard to teach an entire lineup and subs to park the bus...

That's simply not true though.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                    That's simply not true though.
                    How so Strangemoosh jan? Cq biggest contribution was off the field imo. His game plan has been the same since Man U days. Defend and counter. It's well documented.

Comment

How so Strangemoosh jan? Cq biggest contribution was off the field imo. His game plan has been the same since Man U days. Defend and counter. It's well documented.
                      He did change his tactics though based on the opponent - and the degree of assertive play was different. Did you not watch the qualifiers, or the friendlies?

Does Iran have the depth to play free-flowing attacking football or even balanced football against teams which have 5 times more players in Europe? He set up the gameplan to maximise the chances of getting a result based on what he had at his disposal.

I feel us discussing this is a waste of both of our time, just tired of this "park the bus" stuff.... You should see Simeone's Atleti (and their cumulative results:investment since he took over).

Comment

He did change his tactics though based on the opponent - and the degree of assertive play was different. Did you not watch the qualifiers?

Does Iran have the depth to play free-flowing attacking football or even balanced football against teams which have 5 times more players in Europe?

I feel us discussing this is a waste of both of our time, just tired of this "park the bus" stuff.... You should see Simeone's Atleti (and their cumulative results:investment since he took over).
                        Degree of parking the bus. Sure. He may have done that in game.

The reality is we don't know skocic plan till we see WC. Do I think we can play offensive ..yes because football is an 11 man game. Lots happens in course of a match as we saw v S. KOREA. I guess we have to agree to disagree and see how WC goes...I'll save my breath till then.

Comment

Degree of parking the bus. Sure. He may have done that in game.
                          The reality is we don't know skocic plan till we see WC. Do I think we can play offensive ..yes because football is an 11 man game. Lots happens in course of a match as we saw v S. KOREA. I guess we have to agree to disagree and see how WC goes...I'll save my breath till then.
                          I've seen enough in 16 games to realise that we have no tactical discipline and the team's shape has gone back to ~ 2009 period. We finally had become able to string together passes and our players know where each other are on the pitch, that's disappeared. Just moments of magic within the bezan ziresh football, similar to what we had for years whether the coach was Mayeli Kohan or Amir Ghalenoi.

I see the same signs as I saw in early 2006 so if you excuse me, this is the last 32-team format for us to get to second round and I hope that we can either get CQ back or Carvalhal, Espirito Santo, even Jardim - good assistant coaches (bye Estili, bye Karim), even better fitness and psychological coaches, friendlies, no yes-manning, no agents around TM camp. This is the last chance and I trust my instincts.

Comment

I've seen enough in 16 games to realise that we have no tactical discipline and the team's shape has gone back to ~ 2009 period. We finally had become able to string together passes and our players know where each other are on the pitch, that's disappeared. Just moments of magic within the bezan ziresh football, similar to what we had for years whether the coach was Mayeli Kohan or Amir Ghalenoi.

I see the same signs as I saw in early 2006 so if you excuse me, this is the last 32-team format for us to get to second round and I hope that we can either get CQ back or Carvalhal, Espirito Santo, even Jardim - good assistant coaches (bye Estili, bye Karim), friendlies, no yes-manning, no agents. This is the last chance.
                            Lol. Btw many people who support Skocic removal have suggested many of the pre 2010 guys would be better. Skocic is hired for results...he got them. You haven't seen anything in 16 games since TM played Asian opponents only and did what it had too to win #1. SK match means nothing or as much as USA losing to Costa Rica or Canada to Panama...albeit we played with less than 50% squad. You might be pleasantly surprised come WC. Guess you gonna have to hold onto your angst till the WC.

Comment

Lol. Btw many people who support Skocic have suggested many of the pre 2010 guys would be better. Skocic is hired for results...he got them. You haven't seen anything in 16 games since TM played Asian opponents only and did what it had too to win #1. You might be pleasantly sunrises come WC. Guess you gonna have to hold onto your angst till the WC.
                              People were saying exactly the same in 2006.

His results have been great, I don't doubt that, he will move comfortably above Ali Daei here:
                              https://www.teammelli.com/coaches/

But wins against (currently) very under-par Persian Gulf and a draw+loss against South Korea don't necessarily give a marker for the WC itself so much in comparison with the performances and watching how the team is structured.

I guess you're right, a miracle could happen and this guy could provide a tactical masterclass. I just prefer to be more realistic, give the guy a fantastic pay-off for his great results in qualifiers and move on.

Look, the way things are standing he is very likely to stay (Federation and Sports Ministry are happy, he is cheap, he is a yes man, rats like Misaghi and Khiabani give him an easier ride) and you will be happy. It's just eerily reminiscent of the discussions we were having on iranian forums in 2006....

Comment

I see the same signs as I saw in early 2006 so if you excuse me, this is the last 32-team format for us to get to second round and I hope that we can either get CQ back or Carvalhal, Espirito Santo, even Jardim - good assistant coaches (bye Estili, bye Karim), even better fitness and psychological coaches, friendlies, no yes-manning, no agents around TM camp. This is the last chance and I trust my instincts.
                                I feel sorry for the likes of Mansour Pourheidari who still performed admirably with a team which was built around mediocre sorkhabi players like Fekri, Halali, Navazi etc... (Karimi suspended for a year, Kavianpour injured, Mahdavikia injured for a lot of his tenure etc...)

I still think the 1-1 result against Denmark in Copenhagen was impressive... Hadi tabatabaei was on great form

Denmark: Peter Schmeichel [c], Søren Colding, René Henriksen, Jes Høgh, Jan Heintze
                                (Michael Schjønberg 46'), Thomas Helveg, Allan Nielsen, Stig Tøfting
                                (Morten Wieghorst 73'), Bjarne Goldbæk (Per Frandsen 87'),
                                Jon Dahl Tomasson, Ebbe Sand (Søren Andersen 73').
                                Iran: Hadi Tabatabaei, Ismael Halali (Mohammad Navazi 54'), Mehdi Hashemi-Nasab,
                                Javad Zarincheh, Behrouz Rahbarifar, Mehdi Mahdavikia, Dariush Yazdani,
                                Hamid Reza Estili (Majid Basirat 83'), Ali Reza Emamifar, Ali Daei,
                                Ali Mousavi (Farhad Majidi 83').

(I really liked Basirat in his cameos for TM, he should have played more)

Imagine all the previous coaches of TM (whether good or bad) seeing a team which has two almost world class players in it and thinking "imagine what I could do with this"....

Comment

Working...
                                X