This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
    People from local countries and Eastern European countries aren't scared to visit based on my last visit there nearly 7 years ago.
    Yes, almost all foreigners who have visited Iran (even Americans, I know an older gentleman who visited with his wife) agree that Iran is one of the safest countries they have ever visited and they think Iranian people are genuinely hospitable. They also think it is a tourism gem from history, architecture, food and nature perspectives. Those are not the problems. No matter how much I detest IR, the fact is that the sanctions are unjust and they are imposed because IR has stood up to the U.S. and its allies in the region and Iranian people are the ones that end up paying for it. One hybrid solution for money is to facilitate a quick bank card issuance in the airports where you could deposit thousands of $ or Euro and get it all in Rial (Toman) on your Iranian bank debit card. They could also facilitate deposits that you could go to any bank and add to your card using foreign currency. This way, tourists don't have to worry about carrying a large sum of cash beyond the airport. I don't have a logical explanation why they don't do this.

Go TM!

Comment

According to Varzesh3, Kamaranifar, IFF GC, said that they are waiting for AFC to approve Mashhad as the site for Iran-Lebanon match on March 28th. He said they had Mashhad, Isfahan and Ahwaz as three candidates and they ruled out Ahwaz due to lack of direct flights so they asked the officials of Mashhad and Isfahan and Isfahan refused to be the host so they ended up with Mashhad. If AFC does not approve, they will end up having it at Azadi. He didn't give a timeline but I assume it should be in the next few days.

https://www.varzesh3.com/news/181333...8C%D8%B3%D8%AA

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
        Yes, almost all foreigners (even Americans, I know an older gentleman who visited with his wife) agree that Iran is one of the safest countries they have ever visited and they think Iranian people are genuinely hospitable. They also think it is a tourism gem from history, architecture, food and nature perspectives. Those are not the problems. No matter how much I detest IR, the fact is that the sanctions are unjust and they are imposed because IR has stood up to the U.S. and its allies in the region and Iranian people are the ones that end up paying for it. One hybrid solution for money is to facilitate a quick bank card issuance in the airports where you could deposit thousands of $ or Euro and get it all in Rial (Toman) on your Iranian bank debit card. They could also facilitate deposits that you could go to any bank and add to your card using foreign currency. This way, tourists don't have to worry about carrying a large sum of cash beyond the airport. I don't have a logical explanation why they don't do this.

Go TM!
        Most foreigners? Or the most educated one? In this case it is a minority.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
          Most foreigners? Or the most educated one? In this case it is a minority.
          Good point PSGman#19 jaan. I meant to say almost all foreigners who have visited Iran. I corrected the original post.

Unfortunately, even the "educated ones" in the United Sates fall for the propaganda and many even think Iran is a war zone. Of course, the question is who do you call "educated". For example, a four year college degree in the U.S. will not qualify as knowing much about the world geography, history or politics.

Go TM!

Comment

Good point PSGman#19 jaan. I meant to say almost all foreigners who have visited Iran. I corrected the original post.

Unfortunately, even the "educated ones" in the United Sates fall for the propaganda and many even think Iran is a war zone. Of course, the question is who do you call "educated". For example, a four year college degree in the U.S. will not qualify as knowing much about the world geography, history or politics.

Go TM!
            The tourist Iran want to attract during the wc fans. Most of them are not very well aware about Iran

Comment

https://youtube.com/shorts/tNx_UXQrLCI?feature=share
              https://www.youtube.com/shorts/tNx_UXQrLCI
              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Very unlikely the games will be held in Mashhad. AFC has not approved yet and it seems IFF hasn't really done much considering they're in transition again!

My guess - game will be in Azadi with no fans.

Comment

Very unlikely the games will be held in Mashhad. AFC has not approved yet and it seems IFF hasn't really done much considering they're in transition again!
                  My guess - game will be in Azadi with no fans.
                  Nothing changes in Iran (gets worse).

With current system, same thing today was the same 5 years ago and will be the same 5 years from now.
                  "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Segment on Iran in the FIFA World Cup Show, go to 18:35 if it doesn't load.

https://youtu.be/0oqdbCw6VsQ?t=1112

Comment

Segment on Iran in the FIFA World Cup Show, go to 18:35 if it doesn't load.

https://youtu.be/0oqdbCw6VsQ?t=1112
                      Good interview with Skocic. He lost his mother when he was less than ten years old. That's tough. Many people never recover from such tragedies early in life. It seems that he learned from it and became a stronger person. I have more respect for him.

Go TM!

Comment

On the FIFA website it says Imam Reza Stadium will host Iran-Lebanon but it is subject to change.

Comment

^

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                            ^
                            That's true. FIFA also set the dates for Korea match in Seoul and home game in Mashhad to Thursday March 24 and Tuesday March 29 respectively (AFC still has Wednesday March 23 and Monday March 28 with no locations). Here we go again. My guess is that Thursday 3/24 and Tuesday 3/29 will be the dates. Let's hope this means it is all set. Will be nice to see TM play in a more modern stadium in another major city. Here are a couple of photos of the stadium.

Go TM!

Comment

That's true. FIFA also set the dates for Korea match in Seoul and home game in Mashhad to Thursday March 24 and Tuesday March 29 respectively (AFC still has Wednesday March 23 and Monday March 28 with no locations). Here we go again. My guess is that Thursday 3/24 and Tuesday 3/29 will be the dates. Let's hope this means it is all set. Will be nice to see TM play in a more modern stadium in another major city. Here are a couple of photos of the stadium.
                              Go TM!

Really nice stadiums, just hate how far fans are from the pitch.
                              "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

I really hope they don't coward out and make it a empty stadium.

Comment

Working...
                                X