This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
    Our best chance of advancing to the next round will be in 2026 when 16 additional ass teams are added to the mix.
    yea, but were talking about a new water-down version of WC ..... !! not near the same difficulty, hence obohat of reaching the KO rounds in its current much more challenging format ..!!
    even making the tournament was a very challenging and well commendable achievement for nearly all teams.. in its current format .!

this was our golden chance to go deep into WC tourney and truly revolutionize and advance the game in our country .... possibly the way it did for SK and Japan in the aftermath of successful WC2002 hosted in our continental backyard..!!

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
      I did not see anything about Cambodia dropping out, only NK. Is there a source that talks about Cambodia dropping out?
      No, the suggestion is that due to NK dropping out, AFC will have to take measures to not disadvantage the teams in NK's group and in the past (see my link above), they have chosen to discard the results against the weakest team in the group when deciding on the best 2nd placed teams.

The Cambodia result would still stand when deciding where we finish in the group but we'd lose that result in the subsequent table of runners-up teams if we were to finish second.

Comment

As of right now, on Wiki it just says the remaining NK games have been cancelled. No further explanation given as to the consequences.

They were going to be one of the 2nd place competitors too

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
          No, the suggestion is that due to NK dropping out, AFC will have to take measures to not disadvantage the teams in NK's group and in the past (see my link above), they have chosen to discard the results against the weakest team in the group when deciding on the best 2nd placed teams.

The Cambodia result would still stand when deciding where we finish in the group but we'd lose that result in the subsequent table of runners-up teams if we were to finish second.
          but the only difference being Pakiz pulled out early on..?? before the group games kick-off ? unlike NK who is pulling off halfway into the group matches, in this case..!!
          you'd think that they'd award 3-0 wins to their group teams for the matches vs NK .... which still sorta fks over our chances for being one of 2nd place finishers to make the next round by by giving 2 extra points to Lebanon ..!!
          but taking away that 14-0 win over cambodia indeed will be far more damaging outcome ultimately for our advancement outa this early stage of WCQs and as we all know, AFC will not hesitate to take any decision that is ultimately the most damaging to our progress chances..!!

ps
          fk man, as soon as we ignorantly ran off CQ, i knew it'll likely ultimately come down to a bunch of annoying "Agar O If " scenarios, as far as making the next WC...!! but even i couldnt fathom we'd arrive at this juncture so early into WCQ...!! truly sad and pathetic sabotaging acts from the assshole so called officials in our federation..!!

Comment

As long as the decision is made before the games start, I am ok with it. Remember, AFC doesn't know who is going to be in second place... It may be Bahrain, UAE or Saudi that is in second place. They won't be lobbying for any ruling that unfairly treats second place finishers. Hopefully, it is a ruling that makes sense.

Comment

i love your positive and optimistic attitude towards everything about iran but can we please get real about this. If North korea drops out (which i think they have) the results against the last-placed teams won't be counted. In our case its cambodia. Thats the only fair option available! They just cant make the game 3 -0 . The games will be canceled and 0 points will be given.

This means our Goal difference will be 0 and bahrains GD will be 1 and iraq 3.

So as i said before its a must win game and we should win all games ! No need for the Ifs and buts !

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
              doubt it. Will just be given as 3-0 W for their opponents as standard in such situations rather than void a bunch of games from unrelated teams

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                i love your positive and optimistic attitude towards everything about iran but can we please get real about this. If North korea drops out (which i think they have) the results against the last-placed teams won't be counted. In our case its cambodia. Thats the only fair option available! They just cant make the game 3 -0 . The games will be canceled and 0 points will be given.
                So as i said before its a must win game and we should win all games ! No need for the Ifs and buts !
                positive attitude lol. You're the one pleased with skocic. Makes an exclusive party consisting of just you and yourself

Comment

Not correct. If that were to happen we would not have the cambodia games GD counted in the 2nd place placements and not in our own group

Comment

Well I'm not gonna even gonna get into that false arguement ( I called him/still call him a Cheap yes man coach). He is our national team coach and we have to support him. at least this is what I've learnt from CQ era.

regarding this situation, we have to win the games bro, no matter what happens! Also now we can use cambodia game as a friendly match as the results won't be counted.
                    positive attitude lol. You're the one pleased with skocic. Makes an exclusive party consisting of just you and yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Armin98 View Post
                      Not correct. If that were to happen we would not have the cambodia games GD counted in the 2nd place placements and not in our own group
                      I don't get what you saying but what will happen is that the results from cambodia (last placed team) won't be counted. So our GD will drop down from 14 to 0.

Comment

Well I'm not gonna even gonna get into that false arguement ( I called him/still call him a Cheap yes man coach). He is our national team coach and we have to support him. at least this is what I've learnt from CQ era.
                        regarding this situation, we have to win the games bro, no matter what happens! Also now we can use cambodia game as a friendly match as the results won't be counted.
                        you mean you were considering cambodia a competitive match before? Lol

you are supporting skocic but you werent ready to support CQ that says it all

Comment

No i did not but we don't need our A team to play and risk injury . We can simply use the match as a friendly game and rest our players for iraq game. Our team will be super tired since we have 1 extra match.

I'm a die hard CQ fan. People know my love for CQ. However just like other PFDC members here when we lost to lebanon i wasn't that optimistic about him.

Comment

I don't get what you saying but what will happen is that the results from cambodia (last placed team) won't be counted. So our GD will drop down from 14 to 0.
                            Once again ur wrong because the cambodia games and the goals from the games will count in our own group but not in the best second placed team table with runner ups from the other groups

Comment

Originally posted by Armin98 View Post
                              Once again ur wrong because the cambodia games and the goals from the games will count in our own group but not in the best second placed team table with runner ups from the other groups
                              Oh okay i get you now , i just checked and you are right. Well thats some relief . However looking at other groups 2nd best teams we must have at least 7+ GD by end of our 5th match.

So right now our GD is 0 ( 14 in our own group). We need to score 6 goals to reach uzbekistan.

Comment

Oh okay i get you now , i just checked and you are right. Well thats some relief . However looking at other groups 2nd best teams we must have at least 7+ GD by end of our 5th match.

So right now our GD is 0 ( 14 in our own group). We need to score 6 goals to reach uzbekistan.
                                You know that uzbek has a +6 goals because of goals they have scored vs the last placed team right? The runner up table is still including all the games and goals

Comment

Working...
                                X