Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok now when our club teams succesful ACL is over( for now) we need to shift focus to TM.

Does anyone know when the last league games are being played before the national team break?
    We really need to start the camp at 20th May the latest IMO, so the team can gel together.
    Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Can we replace the match balls in June with Windsor John’s head?

Comment

Did some research. It seems round 23 played on 13th may will be the last round before the international break. But as the ACL teams missed some games, they will play those games until 25th may( Esteghlal has two games and Perspolis one game). TM camp will start the same day( 25th may) in Kish where they will stay for one week( source is Skocic interview posted today on IRNA)
        The ACL teams have also missed the last round of Hazfi. Not sure, but they might somehow try to schedule them between 13-25th may?

Also today wiki updated time and venues for our remaining WCQ in Bahrain.
        Iran- Hong Kong 17:30 local time in Al Muharraq Stadium( Riffa)
        Iran- Bahrain 19:30 local time in Bahrain National Stadium( Manama)
        Iran- Cambodia 17:30 local time in Khalifa Sports City Stadium( Isa Town)
        Iran- Iraq 19:30 local time in Al Muharraq stadium( Riffa)

We are the only team to play in 3 different stadiums. It’s a bit concerning that we have to travel more than the other teams( Covid-risk). Bahrain is not a big country but still. At least on the last matchday in our group, the games will be played simultaneously.

But what really upsets me is the fact that the games in the Saudi and UAE groups are being played later at night. We will most likely need to finish above one of the 2nd placed teams in these groups if we want to qualify( in case we finish 2nd).
        This is unbelievable from AFC, but not surprising lol... Hopefully the boys will still get the job done.
        Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
          Did some research. It seems round 23 played on 13th may will be the last round before the international break. But as the ACL teams missed some games, they will play those games until 25th may( Esteghlal has two games and Perspolis one game). TM camp will start the same day( 25th may) in Kish where they will stay for one week( source is Skocic interview posted today on IRNA)
          The ACL teams have also missed the last round of Hazfi. Not sure, but they might somehow try to schedule them between 13-25th may?

Also today wiki updated time and venues for our remaining WCQ in Bahrain.
          Iran- Hong Kong 17:30 local time in Al Muharraq Stadium( Riffa)
          Iran- Bahrain 19:30 local time in Bahrain National Stadium( Manama)
          Iran- Cambodia 17:30 local time in Khalifa Sports City Stadium( Isa Town)
          Iran- Iraq 19:30 local time in Al Muharraq stadium( Riffa)

We are the only team to play in 3 different stadiums. It’s a bit concerning that we have to travel more than the other teams( Covid-risk). Bahrain is not a big country but still. At least on the last matchday in our group, the games will be played simultaneously.

But what really upsets me is the fact that the games in the Saudi and UAE groups are being played later at night. We will most likely need to finish above one of the 2nd placed teams in these groups if we want to qualify( in case we finish 2nd).
          This is unbelievable from AFC, but not surprising lol... Hopefully the boys will still get the job done.
          The scheduling is infuriating. Saudi for years has played their games last and they always get away with it. Damn the AFC. football will never progress in Asia as long as these corrupt yes men run our favorite sport.

Comment

I saw the schedule now on FIFA.com and there are some changes compared to the one i posted before.

We will play Iraq in Khalifa Sports City Stadium instead of Al-Muharraq stadium. This means our last two games are in the same stadium, which is good. Cambodia also will play in 3 different stadiums, so it’s not only us anymore. They are already out lol, but still everything should be fair.

The UAE group will start their games 15 minutes later than us, which is also better than before.
            The Saudi group is still playing later thou, this needs to be fixed. If they give some BS excuse like blaming the heat, then we should schedule our games later to start at the same time as them. This is honestly the minimum i expect from IFF, but i know they will disappoint me lol.

Go TM!
            Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

well

one way or another we will be 75% certain of our fate after the Bahrain Game. The second place positions will be much more clear.
              For us do or die in June 7th

Comment

Here is the new TM games schedule:

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

What the point of CAS if they confirm an unfair and illogical decision of AFC so easily??

Comment

oh I just realised AFC is doing us over again with this schedule! our team will be super tired for iraq game! we have 1 game extra to play . In 12 days we have 4 games to play while other teams have 3 games to play.

Dare in IFF bayad gel gereft . Bunch of powerless ahmaghs who can't do nothing.
                    Originally posted by webmaster View Post
                    Here is the new TM games schedule:

Comment

After taking a look at that lovely schedule, I’m becoming more and more positive that Skocic will rest Azmoun & Taremi vs Hong Kong + Cambodia. It makes more sense to start Kaveh & Karim vs. Hong Kong and Cambodia.

I don’t know why but for some reason I have a very, and I mean VERY good feeling about the matches in June. Again, I’m not sure why, because everything seems to be going against us. But my gut feeling is whatever Windmill Jack, Princess Salman and the 7 Sheikhs try, it’s going to backfire.

Comment

I'm digging around and apparently Hong Kong has some trouble with their players because some of their clubs are refusing to let go of their players because FIFA gave clubs a loophole in case players who return need to be quarantined for >5 days. That's from the Hong Kong thread in Bigsoccer.

If thats true, we really don't need full strength against Hong Kong given the circumstances. I'm confident we can beat Hong Kong and Cambodia with any decent lineup with full respect to them.

Most important is us beating Bahrain with a clear strategy

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                          I'm digging around and apparently Hong Kong has some trouble with their players because some of their clubs are refusing to let go of their players because FIFA gave clubs a loophole in case players who return need to be quarantined for >5 days. That's from the Hong Kong thread in Bigsoccer.
                          If thats true, we really don't need full strength against Hong Kong given the circumstances. I'm confident we can beat Hong Kong and Cambodia with any decent lineup with full respect to them.
                          Most important is us beating Bahrain with a clear strategy
                          We definitely need our full strength squad against HK. Every match is a final, we cant take any risks.

Also, the HK match serves as preparation for Bahrain given our lack of quality friendlies

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                            We definitely need our full strength squad against HK. Every match is a final, we cant take any risks.
                            Also, the HK match serves as preparation for Bahrain given our lack of quality friendlies
                            That's not to say we are playing a B team against them. The world won't end if we started some of our fringe eleven against Hong Kong like Ghoddos etc.

Other options are going full strength but subbing out when the win is secure.

Comment

Because we don't have any friendlies setup, I would start our best lineup against HK to get the main team on the same wavelength for Bahrain.

Then I would do our B team against Cambodia.

Comment

The most concerning thing is the midfield depth.

If Skocic is as insistent as he seems it won't be good if we keep the same midfield in every game.

Hajsafi is not going to last 4 matches

Comment

Working...
                                X