X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TM-News-Vol. 6

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
    These type of records should not scare us. They are meant to be broken. We had an impenetrable fortress in Azadi until some b level Jordan beat us in 2006 WCQ.

We also never held a clean sheet in a world cup after 9 attempts. It took until the 10th game for us to get a clean sheet.

What we know is that while we have a task at hand in Manama, its no walk in the park for Bahrain to deal with our players now and if they show any sign of weakness our players will go for blood
    I have hated playing in Bahrain as long as I remember. I dread the psychological warfare including that annoying “rozeh” music they play on stadium speakers and not to mention 120 degree heat and 500% humidity. Let’s not forget the anti football style of play.

The worry continues that while we try to counter these, Bahrain invents new anti football tactics.

For those of you not remembering Iran/Bahrain in 2002, it was the game that prompted FIFA to change the injury rule requiring the seemingly injured player to go out and restart from the line.
    .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
      Some updates from Kish's football facility.
      Apparently the pitch has been replaced and they are now fertilizing. Lighting is being upgraded along with some seating and architectural upgrades/changes.
      IFF rep (Ghanbarzadeh) will apparently be there every day to make sure its ready in time.
      It doesn't look great right now, but let's wait and see. They're at least trying.
      Its clear though that the final TM camp before the summer qualifiers will be in Kish. Players will also be staying at Dariush hotel.
      https://www.varzesh3.com/news/175109...B9%DA%A9%D8%B3

sheeeeet ... i got me a better mower at home...! it'll take someone a week to mow the lawn with that thang..!!lo

jk
      that is looooong over due project and a positive step forward..!

Comment

It looks like former TM coach Carlos Queiroz is set to be named the new coach for the South Africa national team:
        https://au.sports.yahoo.com/south-af...143415741.html

Comment

Originally posted by armen View Post
          It looks like former TM coach Carlos Queiroz is set to be named the new coach for the South Africa national team:
          https://au.sports.yahoo.com/south-af...143415741.html
          Good appointment for them. I think he lives in South Africa when not coaching. When he was there in 2002 he qualified the team but fought with the federation and got fired.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            Good appointment for them. I think he lives in South Africa when not coaching. When he was there in 2002 he qualified the team but fought with the federation and got fired.
            I guess the SAFF came to their senses about what a gem he is and what they lost. Good luck to the King!

Comment

South Africa has been trying to bring CQ back for like 7-8 years now.....not surprised if it finally happens due to his association with them but really heyf for someone like him. I guess his stint with colombia dropped his stock unfortunately.
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I’d love to have him back @ helm of TM ..!
                Look how far we’ve dropped off since his departure..!Frankly it’s tragic ..!
                @ a minimum With the squad riches he left behind, you’d have thought any Tom dick or Harry coulda easily qualified us to @ a very least to the final round of WCQs ..!
                As maaast ke bar maast..!
                Ridam to dahane hameye vatanfoorashani ke participated in that pathetic plot to rid of him ..! I wish they all get the worse case of Covid & fking die ..!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                  I’d love to have him back @ helm of TM ..!
                  Look how far we’ve dropped off since his departure..!Frankly it’s tragic ..!
                  @ a minimum With the squad riches he left behind, you’d have thought any Tom dick or Harry coulda easily qualified us to @ a very least to the final round of WCQs ..!
                  As maaast ke bar maast..!
                  Ridam to dahane hameye vatanfoorashani ke participated in that pathetic plot to rid of him ..! I wish they all get the worse case of Covid & fking die ..!
                  The coalition against him was quite formidable. It consisted of:

1- The domestic coaches he made look like shit.

2- The bureaucrats whom he berated for being incompetent.

3- The Various Dallals and leaches who were milking TM to line their own pockets.

4- And last but not least, the officials who do not like Football and are scared of its popularity amongst the population. TM success for them has always been a threat.

If you think about it, with the given conditions, it is indeed miraculous that Iranian football finds any success whatsoever.
                  Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

^exactly right nisfejahan.

Our football (at least during my lifetime) has relied on individual brilliance and heart of select players, coaches, staff to get us the successes we've had so far. Unfortunately, a SYSTEM approach to TM success is still lacking (for all the reasons you list). CQ tried to install that system, but was pushed out for it.

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
                      The coalition against him was quite formidable. It consisted of:

1- The domestic coaches he made look like shit.

2- The bureaucrats whom he berated for being incompetent.

3- The Various Dallals and leaches who were milking TM to line their own pockets.

4- And last but not least, the officials who do not like Football and are scared of its popularity amongst the population. TM success for them has always been a threat.

If you think about it, with the given conditions, it is indeed miraculous that Iranian football finds any success whatsoever.
                      Spot on .....and I’d also add it’s miraculous he lasted as long as he did considering all of that! I thought for sure following 2014 and 2015 he would be gone. He’s simply the king of all kings in our footy no debate to be had.
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com...ifying-matches

Guinness World Record
                        Most consecutive clean sheets by a team in FIFA World Cup qualifying matches
                        The most consecutive clean sheets by a team in FIFA World Cup qualifying matches is 12, achieved by the Iran national team (Iran) from 17 November 2015 to 31 August 2017.

The first clean sheet of this streak came against Guam in a 6-0 victory. The most recent came in a 0-0 draw with South Korea.
                        هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                        نگاه میکنید.
                        sigpic
                        I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                          Spot on .....and I’d also add it’s miraculous he lasted as long as he did considering all of that! I thought for sure following 2014 and 2015 he would be gone. He’s simply the king of all kings in our footy no debate to be had.
                          For all his failings & screwball demeanor, that’s why I’d still rate Kafashian as IFF head, well above his charb zaboon, goozoo successor ..!
                          He was put under a lot a pressure constantly politically & otherwise domestically (by local coaches & the usual regime cronies to get rid of CQ & he sidestepped all their efforts repeatedly with clever diplomacy & his usual goofy smiles ..! He knew that CQ (& ensuing successful TM)made him look good in his position, so he ensured he remains in charge while he was still in office.
                          There was another kachal guy (Assadi??) who played a pivotal role in Cq’s hiring..! Wonder what happened to that guy..!? One of very few smart & capable guys to work in our football & im sure the IR goons found a way to push him out of office too ?

Comment

South Africa set to name former Real Madrid boss Queiroz as coach

South Africa will name a new national coach Saturday, with former Real Madrid manager and Manchester United assistant manager Carlos Queiroz favourite to return for a second spell in charge.

Now 68, the Portuguese was in charge of Bafana Bafana for two years from 2000, taking the team to the 2002 Africa Cup of Nations quarter-finals and qualifying them for the 2002 World Cup.

He was axed before the World Cup in South Korea and went on to lead Portugal (2010) and Iran (2014, 2018) in subsequent editions.

Queiroz guided Real Madrid for one year from 2003, either side of spells as senior assistant to Alex Ferguson at Manchester United.

His most recent post was coach of Colombia, who sacked him last December with the nation lying seventh in the 10-team South American 2022 World Cup qualifying group.

The South African media have installed him as favourite to succeed Molefi Ntseki, who was fired after South Africa lost in Sudan and failed to qualify for the 2021 Cup of Nations in Cameroon.

Ntseki had been a controversial choice as he had no senior-level coaching experience before succeeding England-born Stuart Baxter in the top post.

South Africa launch their 2022 World Cup qualifying campaign in June with Group G matches against Zimbabwe (away) and Ghana (home).

Ethiopia are also in the section and only the winners of the six-round mini-league advance to the final qualifying stage where two-leg playoffs will determine which five African nations go to Qatar.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/south-a...143415339.html

Comment

Covid-19 delays naming CQ South Africa coach

The announcement of a new coach for South Africa's football team, scheduled for Saturday, has been postponed until next week because of "global Covid-19 travel issues", the national association said.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/covid-1...120552154.html

Comment

Anyword on CAS?

Comment

Working...
                                X