This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
    Iraq doesn't have the players/talent, that's why. CQ knows this. He's gone to teams that have talent that could make an impact at the continental level. Last three teams - Iran, Columbia and Egypt have had some of the best continental talents, that's why he chose them. Iraq does not. Simple.

Iraq are looking to sign a coach for $3 million a year manager. Their building incredible stadiums. That's more than IR Iran on both fronts.

I agree, I think IFF would like women in the stadiums. But still part of the reality on the ground in IR Iran.
    But you forget...nothing is comparable to Iranian Gol Kuchik. It's akin to Canadian street hockey lol...all seriousness...grassroots is where it counts.

Look at Canada...in the last 15 years you see more soccer fields, basketball courts and tennis courts at the expense of baseball diamonds which when I was growing up dominated the grassroots landscapes. I remember playing on soccer fields that were bisected by a gravel baseball diamond. With these investments came local youth clubs. Of course now you see the fruits of these investments.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
      But you forget...nothing is comparable to Iranian Gol Kuchik. It's akin to Canadian street hockey lol...all seriousness...grassroots is where it counts.
      Look at Canada...inbthe last 15 years you see more soccer fields, basketball courts and tennis courts at the expense of baseball diamonds which when I was growing up dominated the grassroots landscapes. I remember playing on soccer fields that wee bisected by a gravel baseball diamond. With these investments came local youth clubs. Of course now you see the fruits of these investments.
      I agree, grassroots are where they are at. That's the most important thing and unfortunately, Gol Kuchik is not the solution.

I listed to a Gol Bezan twitter space yesterday and they had some real great insights. In short, one of the main issues - a lot of these club board of directors have 1-2 year contracts and are there to get results (win) at the expense of everything else. So there is no long-term strategy to build youth programs. In Iran, Kia FC, Sepahan and Foolad are trying - but Kia lacks funds and Sepahan's and Foolad's aren't great either.
      "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Talk in Iran medias by different people involved in our football : blablabla England, blablabla USA. Blablabla it will be difficult, blablabla second round. During this time, absolutely nothing about friendlies, no even able to set a friendly with NZ!

Comment

Look at Canada...in the last 15 years you see more soccer fields, basketball courts and tennis courts at the expense of baseball diamonds which when I was growing up dominated the grassroots landscapes. I remember playing on soccer fields that were bisected by a gravel baseball diamond. With these investments came local youth clubs. Of course now you see the fruits of these investments.

Our gol kuchik roots is exactly why our futsal is one of the top in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowess View Post
            Our gol kuchik roots is exactly why our futsal is one of the top in the world.
            Prob our beach soccer too. But those are played on smaller surfaces. It's great to have talented dribbles like Gholizadeh but it doesn't always translate well to an 11 aside game on larger pitch. Only AK8 figured that out. We need a mix of both. We need the gol kuchik guys but also the length and stamina game.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

gol koochik can work at some base level. That is how most south american talents start out honing their skills (and even lot of german and french talents, ozil, mbappe, etc all start out in the "cages")

Nothing wrong with it and improves players basic touch, mental and physical toughness, etc.

Issue is the connecting those skill set to larger pitch as O-Zone mentioned. It can be done but requires better infrastructure (clubs need to have good grass/AG surfaces for all their age groups) and critically better coaches at the lower levels, who understand the bigger picture and give the players the exercises and information needed for them to bridge from being great gol koochik players to successful in professional 11v11 5-10 years down the line.

Comment

Well..

Publish date: april 20, 1401 - 11:08
                the national team should be considered with a national look
                majedi: thank you for the president's support
                mirshad majedi believes that due to the current problems of the national football federation, the national team needs comprehensive support with a national perspective on the path to a strong presence in the world cup.

according to the official website of the football federation mirshad majedi, the head of the football federation in the television program "premier football" the third network of sima initially said about the latest situation of the federation said the conditions of the federation is almost stable. during this time, we played the remaining two games of climbing to the world cup, and then there were discussions and financial problems of the federation that we were not paid because of sanctions, and in sponsorship discussions, a series of rules and regulations closed our hands and feet and did not allow us to move forward easily and financially we are in trouble. on february 19, 1400, i took over the federation with less than 200 million tomans and with god's help we were able to hold matches and dispatch our teams. in the meantime, we paid the salaries of our employees. the federation has not sponsored for two or three years. now the national team is for the country and the people and i ask all organs, the government and parliament to have a special look and a national look at the national team to support the team in the world cup year.
                he also commented on the conditions of iran's group at the world cup: the level of expectations should not be raised from the national team. england is the founder of world football and playing with other teams in our group will have its own difficulties. the display of our players in european leagues is such that they have the first word in asia. our team is very good, but that doesn't mean we think we can easily climb the group and we have an easy job.
                majedi also said, "i have been in the service of the federation 24 hours a day since the day i came. the differences must be resolved within the organization and i think we will reach a stable state and our most important job is the national team and we need to think about this team. we have to move forward with empathy and camaraderie. we started by talking to the national team officials to get things done with a detailed discussion.
                the head of the federation said about the preparation program of the national team: many european teams in the upcoming fifa dds have their own contracts or games. there are also a number of teams that if they accept our offer, we have to play with them. a few days ago, they asked me about playing with brazil, which i said i didn't know. as a federation official, i can be held accountable when the work is finalized. we have different groups that are trying to make good contracts with the best teams. the game with brazil costs a lot of money and these issues have to be done before it gets to me and at the last minute the head coach of the national team will comment whether we play or not. as of today, someone was supposed to talk, and if a match is finalized, i will be held accountable.
                the head of the football federation added: "if the sanctions were not, the football federation would have had good money. unfortunately, our money is blocked and i think it amounts to 10, 12 million euros. in my conversation with the president of fifa, i am also interested in helping us, but the road is closed. with the talk that was done, the problem of the federation's account has been fixed. skoczyk's problem has also been solved and he can return to croatia.
                "a game must be signed when it wants to be played," he said of the game with senegal. that was before the world cup draw. i beg you not to raise the expectation level.
                regarding the meeting with new zealand, majedi said: "we are in correspondence and this is going through its final stages. skoczyk has not yet spoken specificly about this. in order not to lose time, we coordinate with the teams we can play, and we will finalize the job after talking to skoczyk. we suspend the teams we want to play with to make the finals in coordination with skoczyk. to play with good teams we are discussing. we also talked to a number of teams that are considering football people, and when it is finalized, we will announce their names.
                regarding the offer of some teams to the national team for the game, he stressed: "we had one or two offers. peru and costa rica offered us and we are in talks. if we want to play with the higher these teams we need to spend and if we don't have the money we can't play with the big teams. a number of tournaments are also being coordinated with good teams and we will announce when it is finalized. there was a series of correspondence with northern and southern ireland. due to the conditions that these two countries had, we could not coordinate with them to play the game.
                the head of the football federation said: "if we can get our money blocked, we can work much more easily. we have two fife dates, one of which is 15 days and the second is seven days. due to the timing of the world cup, there are special conditions and, like the previous world cups, teams cannot hold a month's camp. our legionnaires' players are added to the national team at the last minute, which is why we have the opportunity to play four or five games in fifa days.
                majedi said about skoczyk's presence as head coach of the national team at the world cup: skocchich is contracted until the end of the 2023 nations cup and we cannot touch the coach who has a contract. he will definitely be the head coach of the national team until the end of his contract. i have little opportunity if i want to bring another coach and common sense tells us to continue with the coach who has taken the national team to the world cup and strengthen his cadre and let him go to the world cup with the wings. in terms of the result, if we look at the national team in both groups of asia has come first. they dismiss the coach who has either failed or his contract has expired, but skoczyk has both options. logic says it's not the right time to change the head coach.
                the head of the football federation said about the contract of skocchich's assistants: all the assistants of the national team's head coach on 30 march 1401 have finished their contracts and we need to talk to skocchich about the conditions. skoczyk has given us a plan to see what he will decide for his aides. after skoczyk returns to iran from croatia, we will decide.
                majedi continued: "if it weren't for sanctions, we would have money. our ascension to the world cup has brought one, but we can't get that money because of the sanctions. this money can do everything we can if we get it. now we're tied up and we're thrown in a pool and they don't say to swim, but they say to be champions, we definitely try to play with the best teams if we have money.
                he noted the conditions of omid football team: the under-23 team's camp was held on two occasions and is scheduled to participate in the afc u-23 finals in june. hopefuls will have another camp, and with the conversations we had with the president of the national olympic committee, i think we will have good camps. we try to prepare good friendly games for them as well.
                at the end of the game, the head of the football federation said, "there is room to thank all the officials who helped us. i also thank mr. raisi, the president, for supporting us so far. i'm sure the game will be played with britain and america and ... it will inject a good vitality into the community, and with the conditions we have, this vitality can be a winning leaf.

http://ffiri.ir/fa/news/11713/%D9%85...A9%D9%86%D9%85
                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

^ I have been following Maajedi closely and he is yet another disappointment. They made a mess of their presence in Qatar during the time they had before and after April 1st draw. They only negotiated with the U.S. and ended up in the same group so all that went down the drain. It became a bunch of photo ops for IFF while all 29 team rpresentatives were there. The crux of this interview is based on lowering expectations and using excuses not to have results. He actually said that we should not raise expectations of TM in the WC. That is the kind of leader we have in IFF. I am thankful that he is the acting president. He says that Skocic gave them a plan. What is in the plan? Have they reviewed it, provided feedback or approved it? Anybody who thinks that just because this guy used to play "professional" football he is now the right fit for IFF leadership, should think again.

Two months and 20 days have passed since the qualification in January with no clear WC preparation plan. Every day that goes by, I miss CQ more. No urgency. No leadership. The plan is "gheyrateh bacheha and tavakol beh khoda".

Go TM!

Comment

You quoted Iraq as being or will be ahead of us. Just responding to the misinformation. No one is denying IFF needs tons of improvements.
                    Also isn't it telling they have been trying to get CQ for like 6 years and he has gone all over but Iraq? Sometimes it seems you confuse politics (e.g., women in stadiums which is out of IFF hands) and football...
                    When you're two biggest clubs (and the most supported clubs in West Asia get banned because they are so far behind). We use to laugh at the Saudis and Qatar for never going to get ahead of us. But Saudi's league is much better than Iran's. It's not even close. Al Hilal looks like the greatest West Asian team ever with the way they are playing. Qatar is hosting the World Cup in a few months - something Iran cannot dream of in 100 years. IR Iran cannot even be considered for hosting the Asian Cup, it's a joke.

We laugh at Iraq, but they will be ahead too soon.

The world is getting ahead of us. This is what 43 years of corruption, incompetence and being led by Mullahs (who cannot even run a lemonade stand) will do to your country and football. A proud history, culture and people - who use to lead the world in everything, are languishing behind in everything now under superstition. ungodly beliefs and unmatched corruption.

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                      When you're two biggest clubs (and the most supported clubs in West Asia get banned because they are so far behind). We use to laugh at the Saudis and Qatar for never going to get ahead of us. But Saudi's league is much better than Iran's. It's not even close. Al Hilal looks like the greatest West Asian team ever with the way they are playing. Qatar is hosting the World Cup in a few months - something Iran cannot dream of in 100 years. IR Iran cannot even be considered for hosting the Asian Cup, it's a joke.

We laugh at Iraq, but they will be ahead too soon.

The world is getting ahead of us. This is what 43 years of corruption, incompetence and being led by Mullahs (who cannot even run a lemonade stand) will do to your country and football. A proud history, culture and people - who use to lead the world in everything, are languishing behind in everything now under superstition. ungodly beliefs and unmatched corruption.

I agree with you. I think we are nr 1 ranked in Asia just because we didn't play against saudi, australia, japan(barely) in the last 15 years. but I must also say. the disadvantage of the saudi, qatarese and even UAE competition is that almost none of them will leave for Europe. because they are well payed in their own country and already playing in good competitions (for asian standards). same reason why a lot of Iranians go to play there instead of Europe. but again because our own league is so weak, at least some players take their chances to play in Europe instead of staying in Iran. so as long as we have these 2-3 players who are doing well in Europe, we will always have more chance to win against these arab teams.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSk7H3XUAOI

Exclusive interview with Marijo Tot, assistant coach for the national team of Iran! Marijo shares his reactions to the draw for the 2022 World Cup and information regarding upcoming friendly matches! Watch the newest special edition of Team Melli Talk!

Chapters:
                        0:00 - Intro
                        1:00 - World Cup Draw
                        6:41 - Friendly Matches
                        11:43 - Final Thoughts

#MarijoTot #Interview #تیم_ملی
                        Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Reza_Abdolahi View Post
                          I agree with you. I think we are nr 1 ranked in Asia just because we didn't play against saudi, australia, japan(barely) in the last 15 years. but I must also say. the disadvantage of the saudi, qatarese and even UAE competition is that almost none of them will leave for Europe. because they are well payed in their own country and already playing in good competitions (for asian standards). same reason why a lot of Iranians go to play there instead of Europe. but again because our own league is so weak, at least some players take their chances to play in Europe instead of staying in Iran. so as long as we have these 2-3 players who are doing well in Europe, we will always have more chance to win against these arab teams.
                          The results (and AFC's club coefficient) show that the Iranian league is the third best in Asia after Japan and Saudi. Even better than Qatar. I think that is what's so disappointing when players leave for Qatar, UAE, China, etc -- they're essentially choosing to take more money for a lower level of competition (albeit perhaps with better facilities, scouting and coaches). Unless the plan is to use these leagues as a stepping stone to Europe, our players who stay there for multiple years are probably regressing due to the lower standard of play than in Iran.

Comment

Iran's match against Brazil and Argentina cancelled

with the change of venue of the two teams, Argentina and Brazil, Iran's supply game with one of the two teams was cancelled.

لغو شد

𝄞𝄞𝄞
                            Keep on finding out it's not the way it was
                            Way it was, it's not the way it was
                            𝄞𝄞𝄞

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post

Iran's match against Brazil and Argentina cancelled

with the change of venue of the two teams, Argentina and Brazil, Iran's supply game with one of the two teams was cancelled.
                              لغو شد

𝄞𝄞𝄞
                              Keep on finding out it's not the way it was
                              Way it was, it's not the way it was
                              𝄞𝄞𝄞
                              It's not a cancellation when nothing has been agreed to and signed.
                              It simply wasn't on the cards.
                              Kamranifar and his fat mouth.

ALso, why is Brazil - Argentina being played in Australia?
                              AUstralia itself is going to be in Qatar for their playoff(s).
                              Last edited by Nokhodi; 04-21-2022, 06:32 AM.

Comment

So if that is what happens to games that are 90-95 percent secured, as IFF claimed, I don't wanna know what's going to happen to their other plans.

Comment

Working...
                                X