Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the ESPN FC pundits declared that TM would be the surprise of the World Cup (starting at 3:42 of the youtube video):
    https://youtu.be/TADV6INXgWM?t=222

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
      I meant overall. Taremi and Azmoun of 4 years ago are not even a shadow of what they are today.

Azmoun of today would have scored his one on one opportunity against Morocco.

Taremi of today would have most likely scored that late opportunity against Portugal.
      Yea and that what i ment, Azmoun of today is no where near what he was 4 years ago. He misses open goal chances (south korea and club games). He gets tired easily becuase he is simply not fit enough and also I think his marriage and other personal life issues has affected his mentality .I hope he can get it back together for world cup.

Saeed is on the same boat and he needs to lose 10-15kg to be fit for world cup. Sad thing is that he was doing well in vejleh in terms of fitness and then for some reason he decided to move to al gharafa and to get chubby for WC

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
        Yea and that what i ment, Azmoun of today is no where near what he was 4 years ago. He misses open goal chances (south korea and club games). He gets tired easily becuase he is simply not fit enough and also I think his marriage and other personal life issues has affected his mentality .I hope he can get it back together for world cup.

Saeed is on the same boat and he needs to lose 10-15kg to be fit for world cup. Sad thing is that he was doing well in vejleh in terms of fitness and then for some reason he decided to move to al gharafa and to get chubby for WC
        You are putting a bit too much emphasis on temporary form. That will change a lot as we are 8 months until the start of the WC.

Azmoun is just going through temporary transition phase normal when making big transfer.

If you want to discuss Overall LEVEL he is not comparable to WC2018 Azmoun. Not sure if you remember but previous to that WC Azmoun was in Rubin Kazan and went on an insane 5 months goalless streak that he only broke 4 weeks before tournament started. That azmoun was mentally weak and nowhere near as prolific, and had nowhere near this level of linkup play or body strength. He is stronger in every single category. As soon as his fitness is sorted out and he meshes with his new teammates he will start showing even more sides to his game with better team and coach.

Taremi of course a totally different beast.

I think Saeid's level is the same as then but as you mention correctly his Qatar situation is a big concern. Vejle was in no way a worse team than the one he was preparing for WC 2018 with (Amkar Perm), and were basically providing him the same thing in leadup to WC: Consistent games and environment where he had to be in top shape.

Comment

I think one of the underlooked positives is just how MUCH MORE our players have world cup experience compared to 4 years ago:
          -Azmoun
          -Taremi
          -Jahanbakhsh
          -Ghoddos
          -Ezatollahi
          -Hosseini
          -Beiranvand
          -Mohammadi
          -Hajsafi (even him)

Having gotten good results against Portugal, Spain, and Morocco, these players in particular, will have significantly more self-belief and confidence against teams like USA & England.

As far as defense goes, I remember our defensive performance against the friendly game versus Turkey 4 years ago was very discouraging. Especially after Cheshmi’s performance. Yet, it worked out with Cheshmi and even Hajsafi at left back against Morocco. Skocic needs much more friendlies to be able to fine tune his team. He deserves that opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowess View Post
            I think one of the underlooked positives is just how MUCH MORE our players have world cup experience compared to 4 years ago:
            -Azmoun
            -Taremi
            -Jahanbakhsh
            -Ghoddos
            -Ezatollahi
            -Hosseini
            -Beiranvand
            -Mohammadi
            -Hajsafi (even him)

Having gotten good results against Portugal, Spain, and Morocco, these players in particular, will have significantly more self-belief and confidence against teams like USA & England.

As far as defense goes, I remember our defensive performance against the friendly game versus Turkey 4 years ago was very discouraging. Especially after Cheshmi’s performance. Yet, it worked out with Cheshmi and even Hajsafi at left back against Morocco. Skocic needs much more friendlies to be able to fine tune his team. He deserves that opportunity.
            You mean the GOAT himself. Goatsafi. The legend.

This goated legend of a man holds the title for most World Cup appearances for Iran in history.
            #BanNoorafkan

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
              You are putting a bit too much emphasis on temporary form. That will change a lot as we are 8 months until the start of the WC.

Azmoun is just going through temporary transition phase normal when making big transfer.

If you want to discuss Overall LEVEL he is not comparable to WC2018 Azmoun. Not sure if you remember but previous to that WC Azmoun was in Rubin Kazan and went on an insane 5 months goalless streak that he only broke 4 weeks before tournament started. That azmoun was mentally weak and nowhere near as prolific, and had nowhere near this level of linkup play or body strength. He is stronger in every single category. As soon as his fitness is sorted out and he meshes with his new teammates he will start showing even more sides to his game with better team and coach.

Taremi of course a totally different beast.

I think Saeid's level is the same as then but as you mention correctly his Qatar situation is a big concern. Vejle was in no way a worse team than the one he was preparing for WC 2018 with (Amkar Perm), and were basically providing him the same thing in leadup to WC: Consistent games and environment where he had to be in top shape.
              Thats exactly what i'm hoping for. Hopefully in 7 months time or so he can get his form back and relax his mentality.

Also I was talking about our world cup qualifiers which azmoun was so fit and ready to score goals. He scored 11 goals in our world cup qualifiers and assisted 4 goals i think. He wasn't built with muscles but at least he didn't have extra lbs like he has now. His form is no where near what he was in 2016-2017 and 2018. Sardar is not sharp anymore he is not fast and his physique is poor. He runs a bit and has to stop and take a breath like he has run a marathon. Against South korea he was man handled by koreans and when he had the chance to score he missed up.... and I'm not even gonna mention his current club status.

Regarding saeed... I totally disaagree with you on his club status, Russia 2018 >>>> Qatar league 2022! I dono what makes you think they are at the same level. Russia in 2018 had a great league because of all the prepations for world cup. Their league was ranked 7th in the world and their clubs played good football. Regarding saeed's form: saeed in world cup was 10x better than what he is now. Either he has to get his shit together and lose some lbs and get his world cup 2018 form back or be benched/subout on 2nd half. He can't even handle foolad players, how is he gonna handle World class premier league players!

The sad thing is that saeed had great form 5-6 months ago and he messed it up again and thats what really worries me.

Comment

Just look at the names surrounding his presence in caps:

Nekounam - 151 caps
                Daei - 149 caps
                Karimi - 127 caps
                Hajsafi - 118 caps
                Hosseini - 115 caps
                Mahdavikia - 111 caps
                Teymourian - 101 caps

Only absolute legends have over 100 caps for Iran.
                Look at these icons he shares this title with.

Haj Goatsafi.
                #BanNoorafkan

Comment

Thats exactly what i'm hoping for. Hopefully in 7 months time or so he can get his form back and relax his mentality.

Also I was talking about our world cup qualifiers which azmoun was so fit and ready to score goals. He scored 11 goals in our world cup qualifiers and assisted 4 goals i think. He wasn't built with muscles but at least he didn't have extra lbs like he has now. His form is no where near what he was in 2016-2017 and 2018. Sardar is not sharp anymore he is not fast and his physique is poor. He runs a bit and has to stop and take a breath like he has run a marathon. Against South korea he was man handled by koreans and when he had the chance to score he missed up.... and I'm not even gonna mention his current club status.

Regarding saeed... I totally disaagree with you on his club status, Russia 2018 >>>> Qatar league 2022! I dono what makes you think they are at the same level. Russia in 2018 had a great league because of all the prepations for world cup. Their league was ranked 7th in the world and their clubs played good football. Regarding saeed's form: saeed in world cup was 10x better than what he is now. Either he has to get his shit together and lose some lbs and get his world cup 2018 form back or be benched/subout on 2nd half. He can't even handle foolad players, how is he gonna handle World class premier league players!

The sad thing is that saeed had great form 5-6 months ago and he messed it up again and thats what really worries me.
                  I actually totally agreed with you if go ahead and re-read. I said Vejle and Amkar were same level. The concern is his presence in qatar.

Thankfully he has the summer window to change that.

Comment

Originally posted by armen View Post
                    Pretty sure kasra is a member here. PFDC members are every where owning people lol

When I tell you guys we have indians and pakistani people on our side people still question me ( there are lot more comments like this in afcebook). Majority of Indians and almost all pakistani people hate england and saudi arabia (indians and pakistani's are treated lik shit in saudi) .

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                      I actually totally agreed with you if go ahead and re-read. I said Vejle and Amkar were same level. The concern is his presence in qatar.

Thankfully he has the summer window to change that.
                      Oh my bad bro I misunderstood you .

Comment

According to some sources, we will play a friendly game against New Zealand...
                        Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                        O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
                          Wtf!!!

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Preezy View Post
                            You mean the GOAT himself. Goatsafi. The legend.
                            This goated legend of a man holds the title for most World Cup appearances for Iran in history.
                            If he plays he will score with a long rocket drone shot against england.. another world cup classic blunder where the english goalie drops or fumbles the longshot.

https://youtu.be/9AWLpjhwu0c

It will either be the goalie blunder or his rocket drone shot hits a poor bird in the skye and rickochets back in to the english goal..

https://youtu.be/JepYrQhOiuA
                            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Pretty sure kasra is a member here. PFDC members are every where owning people lol

When I tell you guys we have indians and pakistani people on our side people still question me ( there are lot more comments like this in afcebook). Majority of Indians and almost all pakistani people hate england and saudi arabia (indians and pakistani's are treated lik shit in saudi) .
                              Couldn't agree more. I have the same experience. Some folks here think the otherwise. Not sure what's their sample size or based of what rumors.

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post

Hopefully but Hamid Estili today said "still none of the opponents and preparation games ahead have been finalized. "

Comment

Working...
                                X