X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
    Im thinking about chessratings...
    Going on a slight tangent, the chess rating system is based on the work of Arpad Elo. The same system is used for ranking National Football teams. I believe it is somewhat more accurate then the FIFA rankings (Also based on Elo system). Here it is: https://www.eloratings.net/

Based on this, USA (21), Iran (23), Wales (19), Ukraine (24) are all really ranked within the margin of error. Only England (#5) is ranked significantly higher, but then again they are wankers, so it does not matter. Scotland is #35 by the way.

Moral of the story...Getting enough points to advance is well within grasp. Good prep, good logistics, and self-belief is what it takes.
    Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
      Going on a slight tangent, the chess rating system is based on the work of Arpad Elo. The same system is used for ranking National Football teams. I believe it is somewhat more accurate then the FIFA rankings (Also based on Elo system). Here it is: https://www.eloratings.net/
      Based on this, USA (21), Iran (23), Wales (19), Ukraine (24) are all really ranked within the margin of error. Only England (#5) is ranked significantly higher, but then again they are wankers, so it does not matter. Scotland is #35 by the way.
      Moral of the story...Getting enough points to advance is well within grasp. Good prep, good logistics, and self-belief is what it takes.
      Thanks for that post!!
      From what I remember, not all players are Elo-ranked but then if you start playing at a certain level/international games (i dont remember really) you start getting elo ranking. (?)

I believe that we can put in sko aswell in a ranking vs other coaches/teams, just as fifa has ranked the teams.
      Its so similar when thinking about different openings, planning to forsee opponents draws, middlegame and using centrum and flanks, and the endgame in chess. Its really football (or war) in a way. Football coaching is very similar to chessplayers and so are their levels, and games they play vs opponents.
      One opponent can get crushed with a opening play, but if you dont know it so well you will get crused with traps from a better opponent. And that opponent might also se things that a less experienced opponent would miss..
      Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
        Estili said they planned to have a 2 weeks camp in qatar in June, wants 4 friendlies (won't be against Europeans bc of nation league, nor usa bc of the draw). Probably African teams
        This is the same guy that said he wanted Canada and USA in Iran's group.

Why would anyone take his words seriously?
        "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
          After 2 years with Skocic, the players still look like they just met for the first time in the parking lot before the match, I don't think 6 friendlies is going to fix that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
            CQ brought and developed many of the these players like Gucci and Dejagah and helped make them play them as a team. Sko had everything handed to them but got the results (unlike Wildisaster), so kudos to him

Defense only did as good as it did with CQ coaching. Full stop

Make weaknesses in the midfield is the problem now with Ahmad Nourolahi - replace him with Ebrahimi and we would be in good shape

Midfield now (Eza, Amiri, Ebrahimi, Jahanbaksh) can be just as good
            Defense (Kanaani, Khalilzadeh, Moharrami, LB - biggest question mark)

GK - Beiro - way better than Haghighi

Now we have two of the best forwards of this generation in THEIR PRIME saving our asses every game
            This team now has much more potential if it is coached correctly with set pieces, defensive tactics etc
            also dont forget neko was 33 and ando 31. great players but past prime

Comment

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

After 2 years with Skocic, the players still look like they just met for the first time in the parking lot before the match, I don't think 6 friendlies is going to fix that.
                Well then they would just go into the matches parking the bus regardless of opponent right?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                  Estili said they planned to have a 2 weeks camp in qatar in June, wants 4 friendlies (won't be against Europeans bc of nation league, nor usa bc of the draw). Probably African teams
                  temperatures in June in Qatar is around 42-44 Celsius! Why would he have a camp in Qatar in June? Probably because there are no one around and he is getting dirt cheap? but what good is that? Final is in November with temperatures around 25-27.
                  هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                  نگاه میکنید.
                  sigpic
                  I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
                    temperatures in June in Qatar is around 42-44 Celsius! Why would he have a camp in Qatar in June? Probably because there are no one around and he is getting dirt cheap? but what good is that? Final is in November with temperatures around 25-27.
                    Everything in Qatar is air-conditioned and climate control. No friendly will mimick that...unless you actually play in a Qatari stadium.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1lDCgHhJvI
                      Supporting Team Melli

Comment

I don't agree with this. We need a plan from Skocic and he needs to step up (i.e. plan, better player selection, introduction of new players, stop this SS/PP bias, not making excuses of COVID & players missing as it happens to all teams etc.).

I don't think emasculating him publicly like this benefits us. If he is our manager (I hope he is replaced now), we need to support him.

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                          I don't agree with this. We need a plan from Skocic and he needs to step up (i.e. plan, better player selection, introduction of new players, stop this SS/PP bias, not making excuses of COVID & players missing as it happens to all teams etc.).

I don't think emasculating him publicly like this benefits us. If he is our manager (I hope he is replaced now), we need to support him.

As much as it's fun to make fun of the guy on this forum, I think what we see in the video is excessive. It's not like he's Wilmots. He actually got results for Iran (albeit the players carried him and we got lucky with the group).

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                          Well then they would just go into the matches parking the bus regardless of opponent right?

I'm not a CQ fan haji. You got the wrong guy.

Comment

As much as it's fun to make fun of the guy on this forum, I think what we see in the video is excessive. It's not like he's Wilmots. He actually got results for Iran (albeit the players carried him and we got lucky with the group).

I'm not a CQ fan haji. You got the wrong guy.
                            Lol fan or not that is what poorly prepared teams do. So worst case we save a few million and park the bus.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                              Lol fan or not that is what poorly prepared teams do. So worst case we save a few million and park the bus.
                              Thats true, ill prepared teams can gett pressed down since their gameplan wasnt good enough and are forced to parke the bus. But that usualy doesnt go well either since thats not something they sharpened either..

And then we have the un purpuse park the bus tactics

Even there, there is a differance between a well prepared parked bus and a sitting duck parked bus
                              The well prepared one has a plan, and the great parked bus also have a (well prepared) counterattack plan..
                              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                                Thats true, ill prepared teams can gett pressed down since their gameplan wasnt good enough and are forced to parked the bus.

And then we have the park the bus tactics
                                Even there, there is a differance between a well prepared parked bus and a sitting duck parked bus [emoji14]
                                The well prepared one has a plan, and the great parked bus also have a (well prepared) counterattack plan..
                                Ya haven't seen one win anything regardless of plan or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X