This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
    Saudis even allow women into stadiums. The apt comparison for IR is the Taliban.
    Sad to see us go backwards whilst they are going forwards so quickly from this perspective . This is their 18-year old star who is joining the English women's premier league.... Imagine this 5 or 10 years ago...

https://www.instagram.com/farah_jefry/?hl=en

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
      Sad to see us go backwards whilst they are going forwards so quickly from this perspective . This is their 18-year old star who is joining the English women's premier league.... Imagine this 5 or 10 years ago...

https://www.instagram.com/farah_jefry/?hl=en
      Iran is hopeless and will become even more bleak. I think that's why so many of us cling to the one thing Iranian that gives us hope - Team Melli.
      "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

The solution is pretty simple. Ban Iran for a minimum of 2 years from hosting any competitive matches. And if after two years they don't allow women in, the. Ban for another two, and another two until this issue is addressed.

However I don't understand the people calling for Iran to be kicked out of the world cup. That seems dumb

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
              The solution is pretty simple. Ban Iran for a minimum of 2 years from hosting any competitive matches. And if after two years they don't allow women in, the. Ban for another two, and another two until this issue is addressed.

However I don't understand the people calling for Iran to be kicked out of the world cup. That seems dumb
              Actually no it make sense World Cup both give a football nation prestige and thier players get seen at World Cup hence clubs can sell them to a bigger club hence financially is a great way also Iran Fa make good money from going to World Cup if Iran is banned hence they can’t play and won’t get any Money tgis will force the fa to make radical changes and fifa can ban Iran unti they let ladies in regularly also this fifa president is a big advocate of ladies in stadium there is a huge chance Iran will get some sort of punishment I think fine won’t do it for Iran any more they might want to send a clear cut massage and best way is to ban Iran from World Cup

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                Actually no it make sense World Cup both give a football nation prestige and thier players get seen at World Cup hence clubs can sell them to a bigger club hence financially is a great way also Iran Fa make good money from going to World Cup if Iran is banned hence they can’t play and won’t get any Money tgis will force the fa to make radical changes and fifa can ban Iran unti they let ladies in regularly also this fifa president is a big advocate of ladies in stadium there is a huge chance Iran will get some sort of punishment I think fine won’t do it for Iran any more they might want to send a clear cut massage and best way is to ban Iran from World Cup
                Dude IFF already doesn’t get its money.

Banning Iran from World Cup doesn’t change anything.

Our judo team was banned for years because of the Israel stuff. You think anything got better ? No it got worse and judo in Iran was destroyed.

Don’t be naive. State in Iran would love nothing more than to close Iran off even more and dig into their team - an Iran that functions like North Korea.

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                  Lol. Tarafdari was the number one hater of Azizi Khadem too.
                  From what I’ve read, it appears fifa is more pissed that the parliament has not passed some legislation clarifying separation of iff from any government relation.
                  They know there is no real separation (half the fifa nations are gov reliant), but they want it to look clean on the surface (dirty fifa style). I think they will suspend IFF; but not TM.

Comment

Harfe hesab.
                    Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                      Hah call it what you want. Poll suggests over 50% of the people here want him out.
                      But hey, if you enjoy our games under Skocic, then good for you.
                      I would've liked a stronger resume for our coach, but Skocic took us to the WC and "you've got to dance with the girl that you brought to prom". TM under him isn't a strategic masterpiece, sure, but I'd rather win ugly than lose in style. He has gotten great results, and done a decent job with player selection and building a squad, so Skocic it is for me.

That said, I appreciate your enthusiasm! All for TM!

Comment

I like your approach. I would also suggest options such as a monitor for the federation, limiting the money the federation can receive (once sanctions are lifted), and an oversight committee that will call Iranian officials to testify in public and issue a report after its concluded a nationwide investigation.

FIFA historically takes very lazy approaches to these issues, opting either for a press-driven strategy or outright banning. There has to be a middle ground, ideally one that doesn't punish regular people, but has a long-term impact on those in power. I think what we're discussing here will be a step in that direction, and therefore help get women into stadiums.

Comment

Supposedly strong rumours that FiFa May increase the World Cup squads from 23 to 26 players.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                            Supposedly strong rumours that FiFa May increase the World Cup squads from 23 to 26 players.
                            Probably a good idea with COVID (especially if they'll still require a mandatory quarantine if a player tests positive).

Comment

Lol And IR government be like Be tokhmam ..... and after few years time we get used to playing in other countries. So i don't think that solution will workout.

The only solution is to either allow women in the stadium or that match won't be allowed to play and 3 points will be given to opponent + fine for IFF.

I agree with you on the "However I don't understand the people calling for Iran to be kicked out of the world cup. That seems dumb" bit tho.

Comment

According to Iranian TV by way of IFF member (Osuli) - Infantino and Majedi are meeting during the FIFA meetings this week.

Discussion probably related to "aeen nameh" and of course the f*** up in Mashhad.

Comment

Working...
                                X