This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Altamonte View Post
    I'm worried with Iran going to WC using 442. It's a very outdated dinosaur formation which practically no top team uses anymore. 433 (diamond mid), 343, and lesser extent 352 are the formations teams use now. I wonder if Skocic could give 343 a go. That way Azmoun and Taremi can still play together
    How would we employ a 3-4-3 is the real question. Do we have 3 full centerbacks capable of playing that formation? 3 at the back means all of those three centerbacks are great at 1v1s vs high level dribblers etc.
    We also don't have solid wingbacks who can cover the whole of the flank alone.

Comment

Dream setup (wings can be Sadegh and Noorafkan).
      Bring Gholi and Allahyar off the bench for any of the three forwards.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
        Dream setup (wings can be Sadegh and Noorafkan).
        Bring Gholi and Allahyar off the bench for any of the three forwards.
        Milad Mohamadi is done unfortunately. He sucks big time at the moment. Hardani is too young and inexperienced, the only good player for that position right now is moharami

Comment

Our RBs have been so bad recently that I wouldn't mind bringing Rezaeian back.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
            How would we employ a 3-4-3 is the real question. Do we have 3 full centerbacks capable of playing that formation? 3 at the back means all of those three centerbacks are great at 1v1s vs high level dribblers etc.
            We also don't have solid wingbacks who can cover the whole of the flank alone.
            I misread this the first time lol. Chelsea occasionally puts fullbacks at that CB position too. So it could be Hosseini, Kanaani and say Vahid Amiri. And wingbacks would be Moharrami/Hardani and Noorafkan/Milmo

Comment

Both my wife and I applied separately for all Iran group stage and round of 16 - but both got rejected

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                Our RBs have been so bad recently that I wouldn't mind bringing Rezaeian back.
                I think we can we go with a 3-4-3 - whereby we are pretty strong in the CB department (Kanaani - Morteza - Majid Hosseini) and eliminate the full-backs. And therefore, add great offensive weapons who track well and have a great engine (Mehdi Taremi, ARJ and Allahyar - even Nourallahi).

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                  I think we can we go with a 3-4-3 - whereby we are pretty strong in the CB department (Kanaani - Morteza - Majid Hosseini) and eliminate the full-backs. And therefore, add great offensive weapons who track well and have a great engine (Mehdi Taremi, ARJ and Allahyar - even Nourallahi).
                  It would really require our wingers to put in Roy Keane levels of running back.
                  I'm also not sure our CBs could handle the pressure. We'd get crosses coming in left and right.

It might work, but our players would have to be in the best shape and form of their lives.

Comment

Or I would switch Ghoddos with Nourallahi, put Taremi behind Azmoun and have Allahyar on the left.

But Nourallahi does run a lot and has an engine.
                    "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

when is the next round of WC ticket sales and how are they rolling that out..?

way too much uncertainties in the world today, oddball tournament timing (too close to Holidays) , unattractive to many tokhmy WC hosting nation, pricy hotels, tickets travel expenses etc. etc etc..

i feel like this will be one of the lowest attending WCs ever ... especially from the western countries perspective...!

i certainly am not Hyped for this WC, dont feel the rush to get tickets and couldnt really care if worse case scenario had to watch it in comfort of my home on TV...!

gonna wait at least till the groups are announced and then pursue possible travel plans based on how exciting our fixtures are likely to be..!?

i feel pretty confident that a lot of folks who are buying up tickets early gonna be desperate to get rid of them on Ebay etc late on due to many travel issues to come..!

Comment

Originally posted by Babak_Shirazi View Post
                        Milad Mohamadi is done unfortunately. He sucks big time at the moment. Hardani is too young and inexperienced, the only good player for that position right now is moharami
                        I think in Milmo's case is that he isn't a fullback.
                        He is best utilized as a LWB, so in a 5 defender setup, he will do good.

Comment

IFF spokesman confirmed talks about possible friendly games against Spain and Brazil

✅شایعه برگزاری بازی دوستانه با اسپانیا و برزیل تایید شد

🔸اصولی،سخنگوی فدراسیون: مذاکراتی در حال انجام است، درباره* بازی با اسپانیا و برزیل در حال پیگیری هستیم، مذاکراتی انجام شده و دوستانی در این حوزه ورود پیدا کرده*اند، چرا که می*دانید این اتفاق باید توسط کسانی که به اصطلاح به آن*ها کارگزار گفته می*شود انجام شود و بحث آن گفته شده و ما منتظریم که پیشنهاد را بگیریم و مطرح شود.

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                            IFF spokesman confirmed talks about possible friendly games against Spain and Brazil

✅شایعه برگزاری بازی دوستانه با اسپانیا و برزیل تایید شد

🔸اصولی،سخنگوی فدراسیون: مذاکراتی در حال انجام است، درباره* بازی با اسپانیا و برزیل در حال پیگیری هستیم، مذاکراتی انجام شده و دوستانی در این حوزه ورود پیدا کرده*اند، چرا که می*دانید این اتفاق
                            باید توسط کسانی که به اصطلاح به آن*ها کارگزار گفته می*شود انجام شود و بحث آن گفته شده و ما منتظریم که پیشنهاد را بگیریم و مطرح شود.
                            They're taking credit for something they have nothing to do with except for accepting.
                            We've been invited by the Qatari FA. They're planning everything. End of story.
                            IFF just has to say yes or no.

Comment

in a 343 the right and left wing backs are essentially the most critical players (as well as the 2 CMs).

In the system you show I am unsure who the LWB and RWB are... doesnt seem positionally feasible or at least how a 343 is typically implemented. Taremi is not a lwb, nor is ARJ. And Nour cannot play this role either, of the players here only amiri may be able to.

Ghoddos certainly would struggle be a CM in a 343 with only ezatolahi next to him. This system doesnt even suit Saeid who struggles with covering ground himself. In such a system Saman would definitely be one of the two players underneath the CF.

Our full backs (Milad/Amiri and Moharrami) would come under huge scrutiny with this system, but if we were to try it they would certainly need to be there to provide the width offesnively and cover defensively).

The benefits are primarily that the front 3 will be spared from a lot of defensive duties and the back 3 will have extra cover and be less exposed 1v1 as compared to traditional 2CB system.

--------------Abedzadeh---------

---Kanani---Pouraliganji---Hosseini

Moharrami--Ezatolahi--Nourollahi--Amiri

---ARJ/Ghoddos--Azmoun---Taremi

Would be the most realistic implementation of 343, and it is definitely something worth considering (and skocic did consider it as we played it vs Bosnia) but again weakness of the wingbacks and CMs makes it risky.

Comment

Since there are so many posts critical and/(or worried about our defense:

IMO Iranian TM defense is better than what many here believe! Possibly due to the wrestling tradition. I'm not too worried about it. No matter how many of our best established players are missing, whoever will finally be on the field will always step up. Iran never gets trashed.

TM Attack is currently very good.

But TM midfield is the real worry IMO... Iran needs to make a big national effort to develop/promote/discover midfielders.

Comment

Working...
                                X