This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmmm....

We are back in the ifs and buts territory.

We are on the verge of getting eliminated, not even in the final round of qualifying, but in the preliminary round.

CQ critics (inside and outside Iran) who complained why we did not beat Spain or Portugal to advance to the second round, please take note.
    Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
      Hmmmm....

We are back in the ifs and buts territory.

We are on the verge of getting eliminated, not even in the final round of qualifying, but in the preliminary round.

CQ critics (inside and outside Iran) who complained why we did not beat Spain or Portugal to advance to the second round, please take note.
      Just to add...CQ critics who kept saying we could get a better coach, please also take note. Not taking away anything from Dragan (and I hope to god he excels), but CQ was in a different league so to speak.

Comment

^ I'd like to add one more thing if you don't mind.

If we look back at all 4 major tournaments Team Melli competed in under Carlos Queiroz, we saw improvement and progress. It is clear as day looking back in retrospect.

Compare Iran's campaign in the 2014 World Cup to the 2018 World Cup. Compare our performance in the 2015 Asian Cup to the 2019 Asian Cup. We were getting better.

After Brazil 2014, Carlos started to implement young talent into his team. He added 4-5 players who eventually became starters when we started the 2018 World Cup Qualifiers.

Not to go on and on about what we all know, my point is when we see the trouble we gave Spain and Portugal, how comfortably we defended + counter attacked as opposed to our team in Brasil 2014. Only God knows what Carlos would have done to prepare Iran for Qatar 2022.

I am a strong believer in that if Carlos were to stay, Karim Ansarifard and Sardar Azmoun would not be playing as center defensive midfielders at the World Cup. Each player would have been instructed to cover their posts accordingly. And all of this would be possible because of the experienced legionnaires we would have in Europe. We were headed in the right direction and I don't believe we would be parking the bus again. Or at least not in the amount we did in Russia 2018.

Look at Majid Hosseini for instance. The kid was probably at awe when he was told, "Majid.. get ready. Pejman taking too long in the restroom." Lol.

Because we are limited due to sanctions, Carlos did everything he could to bring experience and confidence into the minds of these young players.

Sigh...

I pray Dragan will prepare his team and give his team the same amount, or at least close to the same amount of attention to detail that Queiroz gave Team Melli. I respect him, so far Skocic hasn't done bad. In fact in his previous live interview he seemed very honest about every situation on our camps and such. I'm staying optimistic and hopeful.

Comment

I read on Varzesh 3 a few days ago that Team Melli list will be announced officially on Thursday after the conclusion of match day 18. Report also mentions that Team Melli list has already been prepared by Dragan Skočić and just awaiting official announcement.

Source: https://www.varzesh3.com/news/174243...ز-هفته-18

Comment

Iran not qualifying for the World Cup will be devastating. Hard to believe that with the talent we have we are on the brink of elimination. Not seeing this team in the World Cup will be similar to the 2002 team not making it. To much talent wasted. Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by AMIRHOUSHANG View Post
              Iran not qualifying for the World Cup will be devastating. Hard to believe that with the talent we have we are on the brink of elimination. Not seeing this team in the World Cup will be similar to the 2002 team not making it. To much talent wasted. Go TM!
              Why so much negativity.

You have to have faith in our players.

I think we just have too much talent to not to advance.

Comment

Comment

What we should have gotten for our remaining WCQ:

What we actually got:

Comment

Number of home games @ second round

Iran is one of the biggest losers.

Kuwait, Qatar
                    Bahrain, China, Japan, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, UAE
                    Jordan, Syria (4 neutral venues)
                    Afghanistan, Cambodia, Chinese Taipei, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Iraq (2 neutral venues), Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Oman, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen
                    Guam, India, North Korea, Palestine, Philippines, Thailand, Tajikistan
                    Australia, Bangladesh, Iran, Nepal

Comment

Originally posted by rdwrrr View Post
                      Why so much negativity.

You have to have faith in our players.

I think we just have too much talent to not to advance.
                      We had outstanding talent in 2001...

Talent isn't enough. Organization matters. And the rigged AFC matters.

This will be tough, unfortunately.
                      Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Gholizadeh is a must start against Bahrain. The downside to playing Bahrain is that those gaavs will dive after every cross and clearance to Taremi and Azmoun. Against Gholizadeh they have to either foul or concede.

Comment

Key to Bahrain is to score on them early. They fall apart if you do that.
                          And be very careful for penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                            Key to Bahrain is to score on them early. They fall apart if you do that.
                            And be very careful for penalties.
                            We need to get a PFDC TM coaching staff of nokhodi for tactical purposes, BL for gamesmanship, and webbie for talent recruitment going send me your resumes and I’ll take care of the rest
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                              We need to get a PFDC TM coaching staff of nokhodi for tactical purposes, BL for gamesmanship, and webbie for talent recruitment going send me your resumes and I’ll take care of the rest
                              We need a $hit talker/hype man added to the technical staff.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                                We need a $hit talker/hype man added to the technical staff.
                                Pre-match
                                "You guys really want these bunch of trained synchronized grass divers representing Asia? Go out there and beat them senseless so they go back to their third tier league in our Persian Gulf".

Prematch Press conference:
                                "Diving is a terrible thing. Referees should be aware of this pandemic in Asian football. Some teams have a history of diving and grassrolling and should be closely monitored.

In-game:
                                After every dribble....

In Arabic,
                                "Wow get dribbled again, so bad....." irritate until red card.

In TM news:

Do we know if clubs must mandatory release our players?

Comment

Working...
                                X