This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
    To many who bash on Arab teams here, it's interesting that Qatar has had our back a lot in recent history...
    They need us since they want to use Kish Island as WC training grounds for some teams. Also this is political tight rope walking by them since without Iran the blockade would have suffocated them. I bet to the shagrin of other Arab nations they will even use the term PERSIAN Gulf...

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
      They need us since they want to use Kish Island as WC training grounds for some teams. Also this is political tight rope walking by them since without Iran the blockade would have suffocated them. I bet to the shagrin of other Arab nations they will even use the term PERSIAN Gulf...

Its too late for the training grounds. Even if Qatar had wanted to utilize Iran as a host of some training camps, they would have to be well under construction now.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
        Its too late for the training grounds. Even if Qatar had wanted to utilize Iran as a host of some training camps, they would have to be well under construction now.
        Preparations are underway...

https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/467...Cup-spectators

Comment

O-ZoNe jaan, the link you posted is about the fans going to Kish as tourists for fun. I think people thought you were implying that teams would be camping there. If that is what you meant, Kish does not have the world class facitilites required for WC teams to camp there (not even Iran for that matter) and it will not be ready in 8.5 months, even if the funding and management was there, which isn't, it is not possible to do that in such a short period of time. If that is not what you meant, never mind.

Go TM!

Comment

I would love for it to be true, but keep in mind we barely had the Kish stadium pitch ready for our own TM to practice on last summer.
            I don't think this has happened.
            If it has, its just part of Kish's usual expansion - not necessarily World Cup related.

Comment

Racism here shining through as always. First it's "Arab" countries being this and that and behind all our problems, and when they are helping us out, they are still doing something wrong.

Be grateful we're slightly less isolated than we were before. Geez.
              Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
              محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
              - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                O-ZoNe jaan, the link you posted is about the fans going to Kish as tourists for fun. I think people thought you were implying that teams would be camping there. If that is what you meant, Kish does not have the world class facitilites required for WC teams to camp there (not even Iran for that matter) and it will not be ready in 8.5 months, even if the funding and management was there, which isn't, it is not possible to do that in such a short period of time. If that is not what you meant, never mind.

Go TM!
                First paragraph:

The proximity of Kish to Qatar and the lower cost of staying on this island make it possible for spectators and teams to stay here during the World Cup, which will be held from November 21 to December 18, 2022, ISNA quoted Masihollah Safa as saying on Monday

---

They are implying they need more accommodations for all...

Here is an article and pics from TM training camp in Kish. They clearly feel they have venue just not enough lodging.

https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/media/...ish-island/amp

Comment

First paragraph:
                  The proximity of Kish to Qatar and the lower cost of staying on this island make it possible for spectators and teams to stay here during the World Cup, which will be held from November 21 to December 18, 2022, ISNA quoted Masihollah Safa as saying on Monday
                  ---
                  They are implying they need more accommodations for all...
                  Here is an article and pics from TM training camp in Kish. They clearly feel they have venue just not enough lodging.
                  https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/media/...ish-island/amp
                  The facilities for teams are not there. They had to do quick renovations before the Bahrain June 2021 campaign in the one camp they have. It was decent for that campaign and the weather was similar so it worked yet nothing like a WC level camp. There have been agreements signed for expanding the facilities but no clear cut plans, dates and funding. I wouldn't even choose Kish for TM camp for Qatar WC. I can't imagine any teams picking Kish. It's a shame because they had close to ten years if there was a commitment to create multiple camps there yet it's typical IR for you. Mismanagement, fraud, etc., etc.

Go TM!

Comment

how will people pay their bills ? Visa and Master?!!

Comment

Originally posted by mbaizai View Post
                      That's another major challenge of tourism in Iran. You have to have an Iranian bank card that works everywhere. I used to get my sister's extra card and pay her in $ every time I traveled there. Government should establish a process that tourists could exchange larger sums of foreign currency in the airport with a bank card that would work all over Iran but that has never happened. I had tour guides tell me the frustration of European tourists who wanted to buy rugs or jewelry but did not want to carry large sums of cash with them. Even paying for the hotel is a challenge.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by mbaizai View Post
                        Not only this but also how about getting a visa to be allowed to enter Iran? Will they except visa people having a tickets for the game?

And as the site says people have a negative view on Iran. Will they dare to come? (a little bit like tourists visiting sk for olympics or wc and going to nk)

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                          Not only this but also how about getting a visa to be allowed to enter Iran? Will they except visa people having a tickets for the game?

And as the site says people have a negative view on Iran. Will they dare to come? (a little bit like tourists visiting sk for olympics or wc and going to nk)
                          Kish is a free trade zone. Easier to enter than mainland Iran. Also Toman is king...that or pay in gold lol

Comment

Getting a Visa for Iran as a foreigner is pretty easy actually

Comment

Originally posted by Babak_Shirazi View Post
                              Getting a Visa for Iran as a foreigner is pretty easy actually
                              correct

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

People from local countries and Eastern European countries aren't scared to visit based on my last visit there nearly 7 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X