This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
    Also according to kamranifar we rejected a invitation to kirin cup in Japan wbcuh would have given us 2 solid friendlies because the sponsor wasn’t appropriate. Someone should tell these baboons we played in the carlsberg cup twice with no issues. Backwards leeches.
    I don't think the beer is the issue. Would Iran also have played in the Carlsberg cup if it was called the Kirberg cup?

Comment

Originally posted by Arman2 View Post
      I don't think the beer is the issue. Would Iran also have played in the Carlsberg cup if it was called the Kirberg cup?
      IFF Sec Genral said Sponsor was the issue/

Comment

This is the Islamic Republic 👎, of course sponsor was the issue

While the thief aghazadehs (their sons daughters and relatives) are the biggest consumers of alcohol

We could have really benefitted from the tournament!
        "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
          IFF Sec Genral said Sponsor was the issue/
          Sponsors name was more problematic for radio and TV. After all they don't pull us out of AC or WC and they are littered with Alcohol advertisers and sponsors. Sometimes entire stadiums show Heineken or budweiser only adds. Imagine the broadcaster saying Kirin over and over...they would have called it the Karen Cup just to save face.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Budweiser sponsor was also a problem for game vs USA in 2000. I don’t remember the details but they did end up playing with the Bud ad boards on the field. Was a good game.

Comment

There were lots of issues around the time of the Carlsberg cup as well... somehow it still went through. All it takes is a bit of money in certain pockets.

Comment

Sure the name sounds rude; but commentators can avoid speaking about it. What do Iranians do when we deal with Greeks who have names like Kiryakos?

Comment

I mean we've also had Kiros playing for a few seasons in Esfehan teams...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiros_...29?wprov=sfla1

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sure the name sounds rude; but commentators can avoid speaking about it. What do Iranians do when we deal with Greeks who have names like Kiryakos?
                    Did I not mention simple minded folks? Lol

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                      I mean we've also had Kiros playing for a few seasons in Esfehan teams...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiros_...29?wprov=sfla1

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
                      Right, I remember that. I was pretty surprised to read his name there. How did they pronounce it? Keros?

Comment

Well, I don't know if you guys know the true story about the first Greek ambassador to Iran's Qajar imperial court.

It was and still is customary that an ambassador and his/her official convoy, who is assigned to a foreign government must first obtain approval in form of visiting the head of state and submitting the assignment. So the Greek ambassador goes to the Nasseredinshah's palace to declare his assignment. As he walks into the palace he gets introduced to shah as "Agha -ayeh Kir-ya-Kos, Safeer -e doulat e Yonnan!" .. And that was in fact his true last name!! .. Apparently after hearing that name, Nasserdinshah, burst into such an uncontrollable laughter that they had to pull the poor Greek guy out of the palace. This caused a bit of spell between the two governments until the Qajar foreign minister officially apologizes to the ambassador and Greek government and explains the similarity of the last name to words in Farsi that refer to human genitals. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                          Well, I don't know if you guys know the true story about the first Greek ambassador to Iran's Qajar imperial court.
                          It was and still is customary that an ambassador and his/her official convoy, who is assigned to a foreign government must first obtain approval in form of visiting the head of state and submitting the assignment. So the Greek ambassador goes to the Nasseredinshah's palace to declare his assignment. As he walks into the palace he gets introduced to shah as "Agha -ayeh Kir-ya-Kos, Safeer -e doulat e Yonnan!" .. And that was in fact his true last name!! .. Apparently after hearing that name, Nasserdinshah, burst into such an uncontrollable laughter that they had to pull the poor Greek guy out of the palace. This caused a bit of spell between the two governments until the Qajar foreign minister officially apologizes to the ambassador and Greek government and explains the similarity of the last name to words in Farsi that refer to human genitals. :-)
                          I once had a teacher named Kiryakos, great guy and great teacher.. the name made me laugh so hard everytime I had a lesson with him. offcource it was a laugh inside and I couldnt show it..
                          best thing was first time when he presented himself. I am Kiiry-ya-kosss.. and i had to hide my face cuz i wasnt ready for that lol

now it would be fun if we had to play greece someday to listen to the commentators..

they have a few kostas and kyriakos, and also a kyriakopolos and hadtzidiakos..
                          kostas yeki mide be kiryakopolo.. kiryakos mizane ziresh..
                          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                            I once had a teacher named Kiryakos, great guy and great teacher.. the name made me laugh so hard everytime I had a lesson with him. offcource it was a laugh inside and I couldnt show it..
                            best thing was first time when he presented himself. I am Kiiry-ya-kosss.. and i had to hide my face cuz i wasnt ready for that lol

now it would be fun if we had to play greece someday to listen to the commentators..

they have a few kostas and kyriakos, and also a kyriakopolos and hadtzidiakos..
                            kostas yeki mide be kiryakopolo.. kiryakos mizane ziresh..
                            That’s funny man 😂. It’s like, anytime you saw him you probably thought finally which one? … ya …. Make up your mind man 🤣🤣🤣🤣
                            sigpic
                            SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
                            IRAN
                            - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

IRAN WILL ROCK IN ASIA AGAIN IF IRI IS OVERTHROWN... MUBARAK, BIN-ALI, NOW IT IS THE TURN FOR SEID ALI

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                                Raeisi is a new qatar NT player?

Comment

Working...
                                X