This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
    Look up available coaches on transfermarkt and you will find many.
    And are you assuming that just because they're available, that they'd be a realistic option for Iran and that they'd also be willing to come to Iran and live and work there?

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
      And are you assuming that just because they're available, that they'd be a realistic option for Iran and that they'd also be willing to come to Iran and live and work there?
      We need a real coach for the WC.
      Those coaches will want to be in the WC.

TM is a very exciting team atm, only missing piece is a real coach.
      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
        History tells us otherwise ;(
        Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
        For example, Ghalenoei beat SK at home in ACQ07 with Enayati starting and scoring. Something Skocic couldn’t do with a stronger TM and weaker SK. Also got a draw in the away game. Let’s see how Skocic does.
        https://youtu.be/EnOBZZLejZU

Comment

there is now a poll for world cup coaches, plz take the discussion to that thread if possible
          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
            For example, Ghalenoei beat SK at home in ACQ07 with Enayati starting and scoring. Something Skocic couldn’t do with a stronger TM and weaker SK. Also got a draw in the away game. Let’s see how Skocic does.
            One match? Outside of Covid.. and not even en route to WC as #1 team. Yes that is just a small example. Ghalenoie as coach of TM for 1 year period had below 60% win rate. Tell me what is Skocic win %???

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
            there is now a poll for world cup coaches, plz take the discussion to that thread if possible <3
            Sorry missed this. Good idea. Happy to discuss there...

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
              One match? Outside of Covid.. and not even en route to WC as #1 team. Yes that is just a small example. Ghalenoie as coach of TM for 1 year period had below 60% win rate. Tell me what is Skocic win %???
              With one of, if not the best, TM squads its 93%.
              Some bonus info you didn’t ask for:
              With Malavan 44%
              Foolad 39%
              Khuneh be Khuneh 47%
              Sanat Naft 52%
              Wait a minute, how did this guy even get the job?

Comment

The same people who praise Herve Renard, would be the first to turn on him and say he couldn’t even handle league 2 England, the first match he loses.

Comment

I am really appreciative that we hit the jackpot with Skocic. We had a bankrupt+corrupt federation who did a desperate move when Yahya and Ghalenoei all turned the job down. Now we have a coach who along with the team has been able to get us back from the brinks of elimination in AFC WC qualifications round 2 and then lead the team of stars to an amazing record and speediest WC qualification in the history of AFC. So far, our TM HC has the best record in the history of TM coaches (14/15>93% with no losses) and we have started to hear whispers that TM could go all the way to WC QFs (I don't like those speculations/predictions no matter how they make me feel good momentarily and I rather see world class planning that delivers). The point is, we are lucky to have Skocic and with what just happened at IFF, I don't foresee any changes in TM coaching staff.

Skocic needs to come back to Tehran and get the freaking IFF to move quickly and give us a decent WC preparation.

Go TM!

Comment

A lot of people don't get that there can be different dynamics at play in all forms of human interaction.

Sticking to football, here are some thoughts:

. A player or coach may do great for his club, but not a national team, or vice versa, or do poorly in both or great in both. There are four mathematical possibilities here.

. Past performance does not determine future performance (steady, up or down are all possible)

. Motivation can lead to huge improvements, for players and coaches alike

. A random collection of great players can still result in an unsuccessfull team, if the glue and management is wrong

. A group of motivated good to very good with a sprinkling of great players, managed well can be extremely successful

And let me finish with one of my favorite examples:

After starting in the Polish 4th division in 1998, in 2006–07, Robert Lewandowski still played in the Polish third division.

A large percentage of people on this board would automatically reject any lower league Iranian player/coach for a position in a higher league, team and/or TM, regardless of how much potential he shows!

Comment

With one of, if not the best, TM squads its 93%.
                      Some bonus info you didn’t ask for:
                      With Malavan 44%
                      Foolad 39%
                      Khuneh be Khuneh 47%
                      Sanat Naft 52%
                      Wait a minute, how did this guy even get the job?
                      Mehdi jan, you can have whatever criticism you have, but I feel this criticism of him having one of the best TM squads is unfair. He is simply picking the best he has (for the most part). That's his job.
                      We would be upset if he was starting other players.

Comment

It's mind boggling that we have members pointing to the Ghalenoei-Daei-Ghotbi years as some sort of golden era. Perhaps these are IR bots and not actually human members?

Those years were some of the worst football I've seen of TM, and they were so immensely disappointing to millions of fans. It's also now the only time in 16 years that we failed to qualify for a WC cycle.

Please, do better. This is insane. Skocic may not be ready for Madrid, but the results speak for themselves -- his TM qualified at a time when they had 0 room for error. And all those other coaches knew they couldn't do the job and turned it down. Their actions (and cowardice) speak for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by ABalls View Post
                          It's mind boggling that we have members pointing to the Ghalenoei-Daei-Ghotbi years as some sort of golden era. Perhaps these are IR bots and not actually human members?

Those years were some of the worst football I've seen of TM, and they were so immensely disappointing to millions of fans. It's also now the only time in 16 years that we failed to qualify for a WC cycle.

Please, do better. This is insane. Skocic may not be ready for Madrid, but the results speak for themselves -- his TM qualified at a time when they had 0 room for error. And all those other coaches knew they couldn't do the job and turned it down. Their actions (and cowardice) speak for themselves.
                          Don't you know, some of our fans rather we beat SK once or twice instead of qualifying for the World Cup!

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                            We need a real coach for the WC.
                            Those coaches will want to be in the WC.
                            TM is a very exciting team atm, only missing piece is a real coach.

none, will work for free... especially for our scandalous federation/sports ministry/ gov..!!
                            i can next to guarantee you that even Eskoocher who's supposedly being on meager salary, has'nt yet gotten his full paycheck due to him by now..!!
                            his assistants clearly havent and seemingly been working for free ..?
                            why do you think mahdavikia quit his position and up and left ...? or why did azizi khadem had'nt yet hired a coach for nearly all U TMs...!? because he aint got any money to lure em in to do the job.. even the shitty domestic usual suspect amature coaches are refusing to work for fking FREE..!!
                            when this (already fired) homeboy took over IFF we were in the hole by my estimates 2-4mil just because of the Wiltits judgement against the federation..!!
                            as far as im concerned, there are only 2 legitimate qualms still remaining against Eskoocher....
                            1)his TM has not yet been tested vs real quality opponent in a somewhat challenging settings..! sadly by the looks of things, probably will not until our first WC game..>?
                            2)he has not quiet prioritized playing Europe as an important prerequisite to getting called up and playing for his TM ...!! and if that trend continues, i can see very negative long term effects (we already seeing it with Saeed's move to gutter... ahmad nour and ghaedi to UAE, more such shitt to come..!!)
                            but ultimately hamoon ghadr ke Pool midi Aash Mikhori...!! va salaam naame tamaam..!!
                            ps
                            the only other somewhat realistic, possible Pre-WC replacement for Eskoocher i can fathom in our current predicament, is CQ after possible reputation damaging, 2 relatively quick shitt-cannings by Columbia&Egypt....! Only he may come to coach us on some sorta WC performance based pay-package then ...?? and for that to even become a possibility, i'd imagine Eskoocher will have to face a rather humiliating defeat vs SK away and or in couple of possible friendlies vs formidable opponents during our WC preparations..!? so a very slim chance ..!
                            Last edited by BacheLot; 02-18-2022, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ABalls View Post

I was not pointing to it as a golden era. Just referring to one example as I stated in the post.

Btw I am not IR anything.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                                Don't you know, some of our fans rather we beat SK once or twice instead of qualifying for the World Cup!
                                I’d rather we beat SK while qualifying for the WC because they are a traditional rival and the only WC level team we have as a test before the WC.

Comment

Working...
                                X