This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
    Hopefully, with fans in the stadium... Otherwise, what is the difference?
    Anywhere but Mashhad then. The nutcases in charge in Mashhad hate football enough as is, they won’t allow women either.

Comment

I mentioned this before but one thing that's been a consistent issue with us is our finishing... why is it so consistently shit? I've even seen Azmoun and Taremi miss great chances on a number of occasions and it hasn't hurt us yet, but against better teams it will catch up with us. Our worst recent one was against Iraq when Ghoddos missed the net at point blank range. Our biggest issue atm isn't so much our tactics but more so our finishing because we definitely create decent amounts of goalscoring opportunities

Comment

With so many of our forwards in Europe doing well, it must be an embarrassment of riches for Skocic to pick his 3 man forward line.

Surefires are Azmoun, Taremi, JB
        snapping at their heels are Ansarifard (based on experience in TM), Sayadmanesh, Amiri (if used as LW), Gholizadeh, who are now part of TM overall roster.
        But even these guys cant rest easy as the likes of Zahedi, Mohebi and Alipour are catching up and demanding attention.

I wouldnt want to be Skocic when he has to announce the 23 man TM.

for me, outside of the top 3 of Azmoun, taremi and JB
        the res rank like:

2) Gholizadeh - Sayadmanesh

3) Amiri - Ansarifard - Zahedi (yes, Zahedi, while a newcomer, has energy, hunger and is built like a tank. Great alternative to Azmoun)

4) Mohebi

5) Alipour

6) Ghaedi

what worries me is the declining quality of our midfielders.
        there was a time, not too long ago, that we were MID-HEAVY with a dozen top class midfielders vying for a place in TM.
        Today? there are hardly 4-5 !!
        worrying.

defense is also not very far behind. There too we are found wanting.
        I wish we had more CBs in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
          That would be awesome, very unfair we haven’t utilized other cities especially with the advanced stadiums we have in Mashhad esfahan and khuzestan. Other provinces deserve it and it’s very long overdue
          Haha... I'd like to see TM play in Bandar Abbas... Kinda do what the USMNT Headcoach Gregg Berhalter did by freezing his opponents, but we'll make them burn instead

Comment

My one biggest irk about TM is our formation. Ik 442 fits Taremi and Azmoun but it's such a dinosaur outdated formation for today's footy. The far majority of teams now use 4-3-3 diamond midfield, 3-4-3 (Conte and Tuchel's system), and occasionally 4-2-3-1 (only effective under Bayern & Germany tbh), and 3-5-2 (mainly Juve). But virtually no team atm uses a 4-4-2 and even 4-2-3-1 is very outdated

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
              With so many of our forwards in Europe doing well, it must be an embarrassment of riches for Skocic to pick his 3 man forward line.

Surefires are Azmoun, Taremi, JB
              snapping at their heels are Ansarifard (based on experience in TM), Sayadmanesh, Amiri (if used as LW), Gholizadeh, who are now part of TM overall roster.
              But even these guys cant rest easy as the likes of Zahedi, Mohebi and Alipour are catching up and demanding attention.

I wouldnt want to be Skocic when he has to announce the 23 man TM.

for me, outside of the top 3 of Azmoun, taremi and JB
              the res rank like:

2) Gholizadeh - Sayadmanesh

3) Amiri - Ansarifard - Zahedi (yes, Zahedi, while a newcomer, has energy, hunger and is built like a tank. Great alternative to Azmoun)

4) Mohebi

5) Alipour

6) Ghaedi

what worries me is the declining quality of our midfielders.
              there was a time, not too long ago, that we were MID-HEAVY with a dozen top class midfielders vying for a place in TM.
              Today? there are hardly 4-5 !!
              worrying.

defense is also not very far behind. There too we are found wanting.
              I wish we had more CBs in Europe.
              I agree with the midfield situation.

That's why it is imperative, that any additional forward(s) in the roster behind Taremi,Azmoun and Jahanbaksh should be chosen by their ability as AM and even defensive duties. Any other forward who is only a pure target striker without contributing assists, putting pressure on the oppenents defense and contributing to defense will not be interesting at this time.

That's why I also would love to see Zahedi evaluated in TM ASAP. Like you said he is built like a tank, super fit, puts immense pressure on the opponents defense and spreads them out.

Comment

https://youtu.be/9s_4JqBDnLg
                This is a nice prediction!
                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Departure of Azizi Khadem will have effects on TM.
                  First one thar will lose the Job is unqualified TM manager Mujtaba khorshidi.

There will be other changes but hopefully for the better with no negative impact.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post

There will be other changes but hopefully for the better with no negative impact.
                    excellent news good riddance to the lot of them

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                      Hopefully Skocic is next in line. That would be the icing on the cake.
                      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post

have never heard that a coach who hasnt lost a single game was fired, what would be the reason ? that he didnt prove himself against big teams ? bring the big teams so he can prove himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Mahsaa View Post
                          have never heard that a coach who hasnt lost a single game was fired, what would be the reason ? that he didnt prove himself against big teams ? bring the big teams so he can prove himself.
                          that will be on 24 march with korea

Comment

Originally posted by mbaizai View Post
                            that will be on 24 march with korea
                            okay, and iran will win this match, is everyone happy after that or does he need a win against brazil before we accept him as coach ? CQ didnt have any real opponents too except of korea, against japan he lost, his best results were in wc, and thats very different how you play at wc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mahsaa View Post
                              okay, and iran will win this match, is everyone happy after that or does he need a win against brazil before we accept him as coach ? CQ didnt have any real opponents too except of korea, against japan he lost, his best results were in wc, and thats very different how you play at wc.
                              if he wins then we should build a skoooocic statue.

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                                Yeah, your right actually. I think we should sign Jürgen Klopp for the WC. And while he's at it, he should also bring Mo Salah, Luis Diaz and Sadio Mané.

Comment

Working...
                                X