This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any team that runs at us will whip us.
    Any team that wants to pass it around take their time will match well against us.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
      It does man. Swiss is a solid team this year ! I put them above spain,portugal and italy! Have you seen them play! such great team this year. If they continue like this i see them in top 4 .
      Yeah Switzerland have improved a lot, but to rank them above Spain and Italy is a stretch( agreed about Portugal).
      I watched their last game with Italy and they were very lucky to get away with a draw. They won’t survive last 16 in WC IMO.
      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

If possible, i want this group:

Germany
        Serbia
        Iran
        USA

Time to get revenge for 1998.
        Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
          If possible, i want this group:

Germany
          Serbia
          Iran
          USA

Time to get revenge for 1998.
          with CQ I would say we would do it...flip side is any loss to US would be way too painful to handle for many of us lol

Comment

^ agreed. I don't want us matched up with the US. As it stands, we have a 1-0 record against them. Let's have that record stay.
            “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

So what is it that we hope for? Shitty games against shitty teams, or challenging games against good teams, fun to watch and get excited about, and not be scared of losing? We have a good shot of beating them again but so freaking what if USA beats us? We will beat them the next time

If you are scared of losing, let's quit the world cup and go play against Guam. Anyone remember that game? Did you enjoy it? Complete waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran Doost View Post
                So what is it that we hope for? Shitty games against shitty teams, or challenging games against good teams, fun to watch and get excited about, and not be scared of losing? We have a good shot of beating them again but so freaking what if USA beats us? We will beat them the next time

If you are scared of losing, let's quit the world cup and go play against Guam. Anyone remember that game? Did you enjoy it? Complete waste of time.
                We just want to qualify for the round of 16 and from there on bring on all the top teams but it sucks that Australia, Japan, Korea and even Saudis passed the group stages and we still haven't.

Comment

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
                  We just want to qualify for the round of 16 and from there on bring on all the top teams but it sucks that Australia, Japan, Korea and even Saudis passed the group stages and we still haven't.

Don’t forget North Korea. They defeated 2 time champion Italy to make the quarterfinals of WC 1966. They almost made the semifinal if they had held on to 3-0 lead against Portugal.

Iran is the Only Asian powerhouse which has yet to pass the group stage.

Comment

Our biggest issue against big teams is shady reffing. World superstars can smack Ezatolahi in the face and get away with it but for us it will take a cold blooded shooting to get a penalty at the World cup. We got one vs Portugal when we should have had 3

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                      ^ agreed. I don't want us matched up with the US. As it stands, we have a 1-0 record against them. Let's have that record stay.
                      Actually 1-0-1 we tied them in a friendly 1-1 in the rose bowl LA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran Doost View Post
                        So what is it that we hope for? Shitty games against shitty teams, or challenging games against good teams, fun to watch and get excited about, and not be scared of losing? .
                        If we qualify to next round it would help out our football incredibly!

We will get an extra $12 million for qualifying to round of 16!
                        It will also boost our confidence!

Japan , South korea , Australia , and even saudi's have all qualified to next round all becuase they had easier opponents! Its pretty shamefull for us that we haven't qualified for next round!

Also there is no such thing as shitty team in world cup! They are all best of the best!

Comment

^fifa won’t be able to transfer any funds from WCQ or WC to IFF due to sanctions. They’ll essentially stay locked in an account that may take years to access or unlock. I believe that’s how we paid CQ eventually (with money transfer from AFC that iff couldn’t actually access).

Comment

^^^ beleive that has been sorted. We've just been paid some money from fifa (according to varzesh3). I think we've been paid 2mill.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                              If we qualify to next round it would help out our football incredibly!

We will get an extra $12 million for qualifying to round of 16!
                              It will also boost our confidence!

Japan , South korea , Australia , and even saudi's have all qualified to next round all becuase they had easier opponents! Its pretty shamefull for us that we haven't qualified for next round!

Also there is no such thing as shitty team in world cup! They are all best of the best!
                              i dont consider australia asian team

between korea japan iran and ksa
                              BY FAR
                              s.korea is asia pride
                              and rest ofbthe teams are nt
                              traditional world cup nations
                              awc nation is a team which other continents
                              would SAY OH THAT TEAM DIDNT MAKE IT.
                              if iran ksa or japan miss a wc no one cares around the world.
                              MEXICO is a world cup nation forexample

2nd round
                              what have we one RESULT WISE (i wont even mentiin 0 investmentin insfractuee and youth soccer) just result wise in asia to deserve 2nd round .
                              missed world cup from 78 to 98 could of easily
                              been from 78 to 2006.
                              0 asian cup final 45 years
                              2 acl champs in club levels in 50 years
                              GHIRAT GHIRAT GHIRAT
                              only takes us to a certain level

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                                I actually think France is very overrated and easier to beat than England in group stages... Southgate has done a great job with England

Just my two cents though. Surely most will disagree
                                I get what you saying and its football anything could happen . But right now france is playing some nice football and mbappe is on fire. Add Karim , Griezman , Kante and rabiot to mbappe! All of them are game changers in their own teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X