This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
    Looks like Branko is resigning from oman as they failed to win against them!

Hopefully we don't see him anywhere around team melli!
    What do you think the vultures want?

There are vultures all around TM right now trying to get Skocic ousted so one of their bum clients can get in. And half our fans think Skocic should go no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

There are vultures all around TM right now trying to get Skocic ousted so one of their bum clients can get in. And half our fans think Skocic should go no matter what.
      Right now from what i'm hearing is that this was all a plan to get perspolis job. Looks like they are looking to get rid of yahya and bring brangoh!

I'll be fuming if he becomes team melli coach! sadly If they fire skocic the only option available is either a vatani coach like nekounam or yahya or foreign coach like brangoh!

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

This makes 0 sense when the only reason skokic is in the job is from dalali do you really believe he had a CV for the TM job comon mate

Comment

Originally posted by kaebi kabab View Post
          This makes 0 sense when the only reason skokic is in the job is from dalali do you really believe he had a CV for the TM job comon mate
          We couldn’t afford Klopp or Conte and apparently the next level down is Dragan Skocic…

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
            We couldn’t afford Klopp or Conte and apparently the next level down is Dragan Skocic…
            Not directly at you mehdi13, but fellow PFDC members, do you realize that Iran is almost under total economic sanctions?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...20(FMS)%5B6%5D

The country is in BAD shape. How are they going to be able to afford a World Cup caliber coach? Hell even if there is money to pay the coach, how are they actually going to pay him? Suitcases full of US dollars like in the movies? Even if the coach is Ok with that, when any banking institution can turn around and say that because of US sanctions, the money is going to be confiscated (money from oil sales that are sanctioned), no coach in their right mind is going to come coach the Iranian national team.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
              Not directly at you mehdi13, but fellow PFDC members, do you realize that Iran is almost under total economic sanctions?

The country is in BAD shape. How are they going to be able to afford a World Cup caliber coach? Hell even if there is money to pay the coach, how are they actually going to pay him? Suitcases full of US dollars like in the movies? Even if the coach is Ok with that, when any banking institution can turn around and say that because of US sanctions, the money is going to be confiscated (money from oil sales that are sanctioned), no coach in their right mind is going to come coach the Iranian national team.
              I don't think anyone is expecting a top tier coach.

Many would be happy with Yahya with perhaps Mahdavikia to help. I just want some development for the future (I guess we got used to having new starlets bursting through and being trusted) and perhaps the hopes that disunity and infighting won't hit Iran 2006-style.

Comment

National teams are not the place to develop players, implement widespread tactical changes, get players in shape...

The national team is to showcase the best players a nation has and to try and get them to win games with very little preparation compared to club football.

IF you want widespread changes, you have to do something like Germany, which mandates specific tactics and formations for all of their youth and national teams, regardless of players, coaches, ...

Some of you lovely people treat TM as a club - it's not that.

Comment

Our players are wearing and sharing year old sweaty uniforms. If sanctions are preventing Fed from providing basic necessities for our national team, please tell me and I will shut up. I noticed Allahyar wearing Taremi’s no.9 today. Later I find out it was Taremi’s actual jersey. Did he at least get a fresh pair of shorts?

Comment

Also some TM players had money stolen from their room, allegedly by hotel staff. Happened while they were eating lunch.

https://www.varzesh3.com/news/179152...87%D8%AA%D9%84

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                      I don't think anyone is expecting a top tier coach.

Many would be happy with Yahya with perhaps Mahdavikia to help. I just want some development for the future and perhaps the hopes that disunity and infighting won't hit Iran 2006-style.
                      Did Yahya or Mahdavikia state that they want the job? I don't keep up with our domestic coaches, but maybe IFF should find out which one of our domestic coaches would actually want the job, and next step would be figuring out if they are qualified or not.

At this point I would say Bagheri would be the only one that would probably want the job and be qualified for it. All of our other retired TM players that went to be "assistant coach" during the CQ time ended up not working out.

Comment

Did Yahya or Mahdavikia state that they want the job? I don't keep up with our domestic coaches, but maybe IFF should find out which one of our domestic coaches would actually want the job, and next step would be figuring out if they are qualified or not.

At this point I would say Bagheri would be the only one that would probably want the job and be qualified for it. All of our other retired TM players that went to be "assistant coach" during the CQ time ended up not working out.
                        They asked guys like Golmohammadi and Ghalenoei (before SKocic), and they all refused or were too scared.

Comment

No other Iranian manager was prepared or wanted this job:

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                          Mansourian: It is insult to Iranian coach to select Dragan. There were better Iranian coach.
                          This Olagh ignore the fact IFF sough Iranian coach Yahya and GN before Dragan, Yahya chicken out and said he is not ready and GN refused to cancel his contract for TM as Dragan did.
                          This is the same Olagh that was responsible using Kamyabinia who was ineligible to play against Iraq and resulted 0:3 for Iraq as U23 coach. The same Olagh of Ghelyoongate problem ...

Comment

Our players are wearing and sharing year old sweaty uniforms. If sanctions are preventing Fed from providing basic necessities for our national team, please tell me and I will shut up. I noticed Allahyar wearing Taremi’s no.9 today. Later I find out it was Taremi’s actual jersey. Did he at least get a fresh pair of shorts?
                            We were talking about the head coach, but, lets talk about the crappy kits. Same scenario applies. The country is sanctioned, they, in this case IFF, can't spend money or use credit as other federations in none sanctioned countries. Combine that with the mismanagement, unqualified and corrupt way that things are ran, we end up in this crappy situation. Are there ways around the sanctions? Yes most definitely but again, mismanagement, qualification and corruption gets in the way so we end up in this crappy situation. Someone in IFF needs to accept that we need better kits, accept that there is probably not a high chance of getting sponsored, and figure out how they can get quality kits for our TM. But, dallals, opportunists and people with different agenda end up derailing things even if lets say one or two people actually want to achieve the said goal of getting quality kits.

TM needs better gear, and they should not be using old gear or sharing gear, but the country is sanctioned up the wazoo, and the people running the show are using it as an excuse to benefit their own agendas.

Comment

We were talking about the head coach, but, lets talk about the crappy kits. Same scenario applies. The country is sanctioned, they, in this case IFF, can't spend money or use credit as other federations in none sanctioned countries. Combine that with the mismanagement, unqualified and corrupt way that things are ran, we end up in this crappy situation. Are there ways around the sanctions? Yes most definitely but again, mismanagement, qualification and corruption gets in the way so we end up in this crappy situation. Someone in IFF needs to accept that we need better kits, accept that there is probably not a high chance of getting sponsored, and figure out how they can get quality kits for our TM. But, dallals, opportunists and people with different agenda end up derailing things even if lets say one or two people actually want to achieve the said goal of getting quality kits.
                              TM needs better gear, and they should not be using old gear or sharing gear, but the country is sanctioned up the wazoo, and the people running the show are using it as an excuse to benefit their own agendas.
                              I was talking about coaches. You brought up sanctions as an excuse my friend.

Comment

I was talking about coaches. You brought up sanctions as an excuse my friend.
                                hahaha Ok bud you clearly don't understand the point I am trying to get across. You are the one who pointed out the kits. As long as the country is sanctioned, we are not going to be able to get a big name coach. You want world class coach and world class kits? Get the sanctions removed.

Comment

Working...
                                X