This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
    IFF letting Branko coach our team in 2006 killed our chances of qualifying to the 2nd round and they are on the verge of making the same mistake again.
    The right decision would have been for Branko to cut karimi and daei. You can’t have open insubordination like that. We would have at least has a unified team in 06 if he had done that but he was a coward.

Comment

Side issue IMO. The biggest issue was having Branko as our coach in the first place.
      Our defence were a disaster during Branko. The 4-3 win over S.korea and 2-1 win over Japan during his reign were all thanks to the players. Now just imagine that team with a good coach...

We need a coach who the players look up and listen to.
      Branko wasn’t and Dragan isn’t.
      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

The best solution to this situation is for the IFF to come out and indicate that they pushed for Taremi exclusion. That will remove friction between the players and the coach.

IFF should also have censored Taremi right away. Skocic had contacted IFF and told them that the interview was translated Ina bad way and had explained himself as soon as the interview came out.

Comment

I was away all day an just noticed the Taremi news. Here is how I look at it:
          - For all of you who are blowing a fuse that what he said was vague, stop, please for f*cling sakes stop fooling yourselves. If Taremi did not mean to insult Skocic, he would have picked up the phone and say that this was all a mis understanding.
          - For all of you who say that no Taremi is bad for TM, I say you are short sighted. Of course, Taremi is our best player, no question. But if you allow best player to talk sh*t, then second best player will talk sh*t about either Skocic or Taremi. Then the forth place will talk sh*t about…. And in two weeks you have no team. So sure, against Lebanon, we would be stronger with Taremi, but in two months, we’ll struggle against the weakest Asian teams.
          - I think Skocic intentionally kept the invited 23 almost exactly the same as last time except for Taremi to send a clear message that only Taremi was invoked in this saga. If he excluded others, then questions would arise that did they reject Skocic’s invitation because they agreed with Taremi. This way, Taremi is absolutely isolated.
          - I preferred the dinner route btwn Taremi and Skocic, but we have no idea which one rejected the idea. Overall, Skocic has shown during his rein, that he is a guy that doesn’t like rocking the boat, but Taremi has been exactly the opposite. So my money is on Taremi rejecting the dinner idea thinking that he is undroppable.
          - dear CQ fans, (I am his biggest CQ fan) please stop fooling yourself. Carlos would have had no choice but to drop Taremi like a hot potato.
          - I think Taremi closed the door on a private “ghalat cardam” session and his only way back to TM is a public apology.
          - if Skocic does not get results in the next two games, pressure would force him out. Maybe that was Taremi’s gamble all along.
          - overall, this has been all Taremi’s fault and he has had so many chances to clear up this situation, and he never did.
          - Skocic had no other choice but to exclude him and I agree 100% with his decision and respect him more than I did yesterday

Comment

There are also rumors in our crappy media that Skocic, Hashemian and Bagheri called Taremi and left messages but Taremi did not return their calls.
            https://www.khabarvarzeshi.com/news/...8C%D8%A7%D9%86

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
              There are also rumors in our crappy media that Skocic, Hashemian and Bagheri called Taremi and left messages but Skocic did not return their calls.

https://www.khabarvarzeshi.com/news/...8C%D8%A7%D9%86
              You mean Taremi did not return the calls.

Comment

Lets just hope we defeat both Syria and Lebanon in our next games and qualify for the next round. Taremi acted very irresponsible, how on earth one can criticize the Coach days before our crucial qualification games. This will be a big moral booster for our opponents.

Comment

The simple question is: What would a world class coach like CQ had done if Taremi had behaved this way? Does anyone doubt the wisdom of Esko's comment on lack of technical knowledge on the part of Iranian players. Navidkia (Sepahan's coach) said the exact same thing a few days later. Did any of the Sepahan players went on social media and made none-sensical comments on the tactical knowledge of Iranian players. Again, Esko's comments were general. They were not aimed at a few of our stars like Sardar and Taremi. In fact, Esco's comments were on the positive side and were very hopeful in terms of the future. I don't have the facts but If Esko called Sardar, there is not doubt that he has been willing to talk to Taremi also. If all of us CQ fans here agree that CQ was right to drop Rahmati and Aghili in the interest of TM cohesion then Esko has the same right to keep a cohesive TM together. Again, professional behavior on the part of players is not determined by the resume of the coach. The respect for the TM head coach comes from the position rather than person in charge. As a player, one respects TM HC because one honors TM, its stature, its importance to our Iranian psyche in Iran and around the world and its place in our hearts and minds.

Go TM!

Comment

The whole situation is just so sad... If the rumors are true and Taremi really isn't picking up the phone and isn't willing to at least talk to Sko and the assistant coaches, then I think Taremi is pretty messed up for that...

My analogy for this situation is like if you had a beautiful garden, and your most precious, valuable plant that has been growing for years and years all of a sudden had gotten sick and needed to be tossed. No wonder we are all feeling sad.

Taremi put Iran on the map with his performances at Porto and for Iran in Team Melli. It's really disappointing to see all that talent and hard work go to waste..

I really hope this is a temporary thing and Taremi and Skocic make up by next camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                      The whole situation is just so sad... If the rumors are true and Taremi really isn't picking up the phone and isn't willing to at least talk to Sko and the assistant coaches, then I think Taremi is pretty messed up for that...

My analogy for this situation is like if you had a beautiful garden, and your most precious, valuable plant that has been growing for years and years all of a sudden had gotten sick and needed to be tossed. No wonder we are all feeling sad.

Taremi put Iran on the map with his performances at Porto and for Iran in Team Melli. It's really disappointing to see all that talent and hard work go to waste..

I really hope this is a temporary thing and Taremi and Skocic make up by next camp.
                      Imagine all our players had the mentality and discipline of Jahanbakhsh. Just imagine...

Comment

Am I the only one to notice that there are almost no interviews with Skocic? Back then, when we had CQ, there were a lot of interviews available. But now we only get a few words in the pre-match conference and a 30 seconds interview after the match. Skocic needs to talk more!!! He needs to explain the situation right now! We can't just ignore the fact that our best player isn't playing. This matter needs to be addressed ASAP

Comment

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
                          Am I the only one to notice that there are almost no interviews with Skocic? Back then, when we had CQ, there were a lot of interviews available. But now we only get a few words in the pre-match conference and a 30 seconds interview after the match. Skocic needs to talk more!!! He needs to explain the situation right now! We can't just ignore the fact that our best player isn't playing. This matter needs to be addressed ASAP
                          For now, before important games less talks and interviews regarding Skocic-Taremi may be is smartest things to do. There is time for talks after Syria games.

Skocic and TM need to have all their attentions to the games as much as possible. Coach ( & a TM player ) will be facing question about Terumi during pre game conference and best is to be ignored for now.

This dispute won't disappear like an elephant in the room , before and during the game.

Best for Skocic is to win and improve his good TM record and less worry about afterward.
                          If he is Destin to be removed , best for him is to leave with good winning record and not a tarnished one.

Comment

Photos from last TM training in Tehran and during flight

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                              Photos from last TM training in Tehran and during flight

lmao the pictuer of noorafkhan in the last pic, sitting at the back of the plane reminds me of this dude...
                              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

First pic, FC Habibi lol

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X