This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShirFarhad View Post
    If the fan behind Mahdavikia in that photo is from the home team, their new club is going to be Pogoń Szczecin
    Yadegar has to wait a bit , he is 17 Y 9 M 11 Days

Not sure when photo is taken , hopefully not during last few days . IMahdavidkia left for Germany 3 days ago and will be back in Iran in few days to attend U23 affaies. Players has not been selected and training will start after October 8. If This is current photo and he is doing own business that might be questionale act.
    Hopefully that is not the case.
    Last edited by St_Mark; 10-03-2021, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
      This should be a generally easy game, unless the ref wants to play games, I hope he doesn’t as I know the dirty tricks played by Arab Federations to beat IRan, Let’s see, One goal early on will kill all the ‘PLOTS’ ! GO IRAN !!
      We don’t always play well in UAE and sometimes struggle containing the quick 1-2s of Arab wingers and their South American players but I think taremi and azmoun could have a field day with em if skocic sets them up right.

Comment

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
        We don’t always play well in UAE and sometimes struggle containing the quick 1-2s of Arab wingers and their South American players but I think taremi and azmoun could have a field day with em if skocic sets them up right.
        Our record vs UAE

12 wins, 3 draws, 1 loses
        GF:24, GA4

Of which, 3 goals against and loss was in 1997.

I don't consider that having a hard time.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirFarhad View Post
          If the fan behind Mahdavikia in that photo is from the home team, their new club is going to be Pogoń Szczecin
          Mahdavikia couldn't get them to HSV or any Bundesliga2 team?

Comment

Currently 3rd in Poland, decent track record with exports of young players in recent years, good move for 2 very very young players, who due to failures of previous youth NT teams had no chance to show themself in a u17 WC or another premier stage to get a normal scouting experience/"bigger" transfer

Comment

Originally posted by rdwrrr View Post
              Our record vs UAE

12 wins, 3 draws, 1 loses
              GF:24, GA4

Of which, 3 goals against and loss was in 1997.

I don't consider that having a hard time.
              Context is important too, we beat them on late karimi winner in 2010 WCQ and drew them in UAE. They lost every game in that group except the one against us. That draw against the worst team in the group cost us direct qualification. A lot has changed for our team since then but that was our last competitive game in UAE if I’m not mistaken. And we have had 1-0 loss to Lebanon in 2014, drawn game @ Qatar. We typically struggle away to Arab teams in WCQ besides bahrain recently and the latest game vs iraq which was neutral venue. So hopefully things have turned around but I don’t expect it to be a walk in the park. We will see Thursday I just don’t think it’ll be that easy game our fans expect

Comment

Lets enjoy the awsome goal by Karimi vs Uae once again then, Ali Karimi - greatest of all time
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKnEAtdP_kE
                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Great news! Seems women will be allowed for the match against South Korea.

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                    Lets enjoy the awsome goal by Karimi vs Uae once again then, Ali Karimi - greatest of all time
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKnEAtdP_kE
                    I believe Daei-Karimi Vendetta deprived us from seeing Karimi with TM. Karimi declined continuous TM invitations by Daei (TM coach at the time)

Khodemoonim ye zamaani cheghadr bazikon salari mod bood, and so many players would pull loos baazi and ghahring. Farhad Majidi during Branko, Karimi during Daei, Aghili and a few other during Qotbi, etc.

Sir CQ killed that mentality in our football, whereas you barely see that kind of behavior by any players when it comes to TM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                      sebastian. but look at china squad now how many brazilians dont they have?
                      Almost all western countries have been inviting their foreign players who have gone through the normal citizenship process. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. Countries like France, America and many other countries for decades have benefited from their naturalized players in their sports teams.

You either do not grant citizenship to foreigners, or if you do then you CANNOT discriminate against them by treating them like second class citizens. It's just not right.

BTW I wasn't trying to lecture anyone in here. Just stating my personal perspective on this sensitive matter, as we are almost the only country on earth who finds this gesture as a sin and taboo. It's the 21st. century folks!

Comment

Agha zanharo rah dadan to estadiuumm lol hala taremi az vasate zamin bargardon mizaneh sardar azmounam 14 ta goal mizane be koreh. Kholase shorte koreh ro parcham mikonim

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                          Almost all western countries have been inviting their foreign players who have gone through the normal citizenship process. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. Countries like France, America and many other countries for decades have benefited from their naturalized players in their sports teams.

You either do not grant citizenship to foreigners, or if you do then you CANNOT discriminate against them by treating them like second class citizens. It's just not right.

BTW I wasn't trying to lecture anyone in here. Just stating my personal perspective on this sensitive matter, as we are almost the only country on earth who finds this gesture as a sin and taboo. It's the 21st. century folks!
                          I think there is a huge difference between for example being born in Germany and then deciding to play for Germany while one could also play for Turkey or Ghana and living in China or Kazakhstan for two years and solely being naturalized by the government for sports related or business reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                            Agha zanharo rah dadan to estadiuumm lol hala taremi az vasate zamin bargardon mizaneh sardar azmounam 14 ta goal mizane be koreh. Kholase shorte koreh ro parcham mikonim
                            Yeah i bet Mahdavikia has panic now that two of his wifes will meet in the stands again like in germany

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ll.lukeharding

A game of two other halves
                            Luke Harding
                            Thu 13 Apr 2006 17.18 BST
                            It has already been hit by match-fixing allegations and a row over World Cup tickets. But German football was yesterday engulfed in its most bizarre scandal yet when one of its leading players was revealed as a bigamist.

Mehdi Mahdavikia, 28, a defender with Hamburg HSV, who are second in Germany's Bundesliga, has two wives, the newspaper Bild reported yesterday. Mahdavikia married his first wife, Sepideh, eight years ago. He married his second, Samira, last December in Tehran [ see footnote].

The deception emerged only in February when Samira turned up at Hamburg's football stadium. "I introduced myself to another player's wife as Mrs Mahdavikia," Samira told the paper. "But the other woman replied, 'I know Mrs Mahdavikia. You are not her.'"

Three weeks later, the star defender, who plays for Iran's national side and will take part in the World Cup in June, dumped Samira - refusing to pay the rent on her flat.

Although bigamy is an offence under German law, officials said the player could not be prosecuted since both marriages took place in Iran.

In a statement put out by his club, the player admitted making a "big mistake". "My [first] wife is sticking by me," the defender added.

This footnote was appended on 10 February 2015. We have been asked to point out that Samira was divorced from Mehdi Mahdavikia in 2006.
                            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post

their is no point of having national teams if its the same as clubs.

cititenship is not the same as playing football for a national team. sabastian is not supposed to play for iran only based on living in iran for 4 years. this is club football and not national team

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                                their is no point of having national teams if its the same as clubs.

cititenship is not the same as playing football for a national team. sabastian is not supposed to play for iran only based on living in iran for 4 years. this is club football and not national team
                                I agree and that's why sport that allows such non sense should condemned. The worst is handball that allow players to switch national team in the middle of their career

Comment

Working...
                                X