This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
    Tbh his comments make no sense. He was never in CQs main plans as CQ tended to think defense first and when he was he was always left alone up front. Now he plays a more offensive role with a second pairing in attack. He is more involved in the play yet he complains.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    Someone ought to DM him and tell him he is enjoying his football more and learning more from playing under Skocic. Be a shame to see him continue to be wrong.

Comment

It's funny how members are attacking Taremi over his honest comments. You dont think the other TM players have the same feelings? They have been with him long enough to no he is not good enough for such a big team in Asia. He is dissapointed and has every right to be.

Comment

Originally posted by kaebi kabab View Post
        It's funny how members are attacking Taremi over his honest comments. You dont think the other TM players have the same feelings? They have been with him long enough to no he is not good enough for such a big team in Asia. He is dissapointed and has every right to be.
        Good point. If they do...none were idiotic, disrespectful, or willing to pander to drama like he was...Rahman spoke CQ banned him for life. If it's CQ does then Rahmati is wrong...at that time our best and only GK option for TM...if it's Skocic Taremi is right.

BTW what is he disappointed in? 7 wins in a row. Besting Iraq and Bahrain in Bahrain? Is he disappointed in playing full minutes nearly every match or being a key member of the team? Maybe he is disappointed he didn't get to pick and sign the coach?

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
          Good point. If they do...none were idiotic, disrespectful, or willing to pander to drama like he was...Rahman spoke CQ banned him for life. If it's CQ does then Rahmati is wrong...at that time our best and only GK option for TM...if it's Skocic Taremi is right.

BTW what is he disappointed in? 7 wins in a row. Besting Iraq and Bahrain in Bahrain? Is he disappointed in playing full minutes nearly every match or being a key member of the team? Maybe he is disappointed he didn't get to pick and sign the coach?

Maybe he is just used to his high caliber environment at Porto and is sad in regards what goes into our national team. The man cares about TM, he is allowed to have is opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
            Can anyone translate? uloaded on youtube 2 days ago.
            https://youtu.be/rMmip3QbB-E
            He is basically saying that "if i manage to take Iranian TM to World cup i will cut my shambool"

Comment

Will we have our home matches in Tehran? Anyone knows?
              Sign against banning Iran from WorldCup!!!
              http://new.petitiononline.com/IRANWC06/petition.html

Comment

It's so wildly irritating reading a lot of these criticisms on Taremi. We didn't have any tactics in any of the games we played, he's right. Go back and watch the games. It'd been years since we'd used the "bezan ziresh" tactic, but we're back to doing that. It's unclear who is doing what in the team. Sure, I'm sure Skocic gave the players some basic tactics to tend to, but other than that it was completely unclear what the hell was going on.

The comparisons to Rahmati are also insane. Rahmati quit TM because Davari was invited, and refused to play right as we had 3 (or 2) must-win games in order to qualify. The dude threw a fit and quit! Ghahr kard! Of course he should be banned, the guy turned his back on the national team cause he didn't like that some player was invited, it's psychotic. Same thing with Aghili.

Skocic wasn't particularly successful in the IPL either, so I don't know why criticizing him is suddenly not okay just because he's the TM coach.
                Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
                محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
                - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamer View Post
                  It's so wildly irritating reading a lot of these criticisms on Taremi. We didn't have any tactics in any of the games we played, he's right. Go back and watch the games. It'd been years since we'd used the "bezan ziresh" tactic, but we're back to doing that. It's unclear who is doing what in the team. Sure, I'm sure Skocic gave the players some basic tactics to tend to, but other than that it was completely unclear what the hell was going on.

The comparisons to Rahmati are also insane. Rahmati quit TM because Davari was invited, and refused to play right as we had 3 (or 2) must-win games in order to qualify. The dude threw a fit and quit! Ghahr kard! Of course he should be banned, the guy turned his back on the national team cause he didn't like that some player was invited, it's psychotic. Same thing with Aghili.

Skocic wasn't particularly successful in the IPL either, so I don't know why criticizing him is suddenly not okay just because he's the TM coach.
                  i disagree with the statement of no tactics, if you really paid attention, you could tell that players had specific instructions, and that there was a preferred “shape” that was held

Comment

I think this is a classic case of Iranian/Middle Eastern/generally backward 'if you don't have experyance, you don't have nohfin'... I think we can learn a thing or two from our situation by comparing it with that of England. Sure on paper Southgate is just another Skocic or probably an even poorer man's version (guy's only experience in managing before moving to the England setup was Middlesborough for christ sake!!), but he has some qualities that actually makes him very adept to managing an international team like England. For instance he doesn't feel under pressure to squeeze in all the big names and he also has an understanding of risk/reward whilst still being able to pump in new blood even during crucial, high pressure moments.

What Quieroz did was very good but very black and white. If you don't see the subtleties of what Skocic did against Bosnia, Bahrain and Iraq then I'm sorry to say I don't think you understand much about football. The guy put together a more or less cohesive starting 11 and made crucial half time subs in 4 back to back games in 40 degree weather to get maximum points after a gruelling season. You might counter the last point with 'are Iraq and Bahrain really that difficult?', well they seemed to be for the same group of players earlier on in qualification.

Comment

Lets all calm down

The realty is, Skocic stepped up and got us results in 4 must win games with very little prep (we were very close to having to wait at least 5 years to see TM in a WC). He accepted the job to be paid in our country's near useless currency, and insultingly, had to wait until the IFF decided to proceed with him into the next round of qualifiers (despite having in his contract apparently that this was never up for discussion if he's getting results). Yet he seems to remain positive.

Is our team unity as strong as when CQ was the coach? Maybe not, I think the players have had the same doubts as us with Skocic based on his resume compared to Carlos. Are we playing as well as we did under Carlos? No, but this is a transition period, you can't compare it to a team who had the same coach for 8 years.

We are getting the job done as of now, lets trust our new coach, not over analyze one interview with Taremi, and all hope that we get some support from our useless IFF so we can have some damn friendlies this time around.
                      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

it takes time to build trust, when people say morale is way too low it is because tm’s coach of 8 years just left. rome wasn’t built in a day, just like how cq didn’t get everyone’s respect overnight, just as people expect w skocic

Comment

Skokic was and is the best possible choice to lead our TM.
                          I am very happy he got the job.

Comment

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
                            i disagree with the statement of no tactics, if you really paid attention, you could tell that players had specific instructions, and that there was a preferred “shape” that was held
                            Kian jan I agree that we had a formation, but that's pretty much the extent to which we had tactics. In comparison to CQ this is a different world.

Originally posted by AliDaeiNumber1Fan View Post
                            I think this is a classic case of Iranian/Middle Eastern/generally backward 'if you don't have experyance, you don't have nohfin'... I think we can learn a thing or two from our situation by comparing it with that of England. Sure on paper Southgate is just another Skocic or probably an even poorer man's version (guy's only experience in managing before moving to the England setup was Middlesborough for christ sake!!), but he has some qualities that actually makes him very adept to managing an international team like England. For instance he doesn't feel under pressure to squeeze in all the big names and he also has an understanding of risk/reward whilst still being able to pump in new blood even during crucial, high pressure moments.

What Quieroz did was very good but very black and white. If you don't see the subtleties of what Skocic did against Bosnia, Bahrain and Iraq then I'm sorry to say I don't think you understand much about football. The guy put together a more or less cohesive starting 11 and made crucial half time subs in 4 back to back games in 40 degree weather to get maximum points after a gruelling season. You might counter the last point with 'are Iraq and Bahrain really that difficult?', well they seemed to be for the same group of players earlier on in qualification.
                            It's not that "he don't have nohfin'", he's appointed to be TM coach, which is arguably the biggest coaching position in Iranian football. Skocic's highest playing experience was at Las Palmas, and he only coached small Croatian teams + 2 middle eastern teams before somehow making it to Iran.
                            Southgate played for Crystal Palace, Aston Villa, and Middlesborough, played for the English National team, coached Middlesborough, coached England's U21, and after 2-3 years of doing that was appointed England's national team coach. I don't think it's a fair comparison.

Not to mention, I'd be perfectly happy if we'd chosen some unknown Iranian manager -- that way they'd at least get some international experience and could bring their learnings back to the country. They'd be better known on a global scale. It would do a lot for our football, not to mention they'd probably want less money too.

But getting a random foreigner, who's only merit is not being Iranian (because we are khareji-parast), with little credentials makes absolutely no sense.
                            Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
                            محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
                            - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Originally posted by khodam View Post
                              When the coach is smaller than the players we get the situation we had with Brangoh in 2006. Remember Ali Karami kicking the gear bag after being subbed.

France had the same issue in 2014. Players with much bigger heads than the coach.

Here too. Taremi does not see this new coaching staff at his own level. This is why TM needs a coach with the resume and attitude to mange these rich and popular 20 somethings.
                              Ali Karimi is a bad example. He had issues everywhere he went including world class teams...remember he showed up late to Bayern practices and was perceived as lazy. Unfortunately fans seem to think Taremi is defending CQ or asking for better from IFF when it appears he is being irresponsible and immature a la Karimi...this is the same guy who got carded in Europe for kicking ball away and did the same again for TM and could have easily been carded again and put all of our WC hopes in jeopardy. I like his game but he is immature and unprofessional....somethings you can't teach without a willingness to learn and change.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
                                it takes time to build trust, when people say morale is way too low it is because tm’s coach of 8 years just left. rome wasn’t built in a day, just like how cq didn’t get everyone’s respect overnight, just as people expect w skocic
                                I agree but queiroz atleast had some pedigree behind him and it was also him that persuaded a lot of our European youth come to play for TM. That being said I have plenty hope that skocic can take us to the WC

Comment

Working...
                                X