This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TM-News-Vol. 6

When the coach is smaller than the players we get the situation we had with Brangoh in 2006. Remember Ali Karami kicking the gear bag after being subbed.

France had the same issue in 2014. Players with much bigger heads than the coach.

Here too. Taremi does not see this new coaching staff at his own level. This is why TM needs a coach with the resume and attitude to mange these rich and popular 20 somethings.
    .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Here is the video of CQ, Skocic discussion so everybody can judge for themselves before labelling our best player a "villain".

The reporter opens asking about Wilmots era in comparison to CQ era and Mehdi gives honest response that he has never seen such discipline and togetherness and to this day it has not been recaptured in TM. Thats not necessarily to say it cannot be captured again in the future...Even with Skocic at the helm, his most ardent supporters should/would not expect him to recreate what CQ built in 8 years within a few TM camps lol.

That to me is not controversial in the slightest.

The later question which the host poses regarding if these 4 wins were simply down to the quality of our players rather than technical points/tactics is fairly true too. I don't think a specific tactical setup is required to beat Hong kong, Cambodia, Bahrain, and an already qualified iraq. Rather, putting all the best players on the pitch and ensuring they are in the right mental and physical state for a game of football, but an elaborate technical/tactical plan...not necessary and even if it were, we didnt really see it. There was not a very defined structure/gameplan behind our matches. For everybody talking about how great we were offensively and "not parking the bus" we could hardly connect 5 passes in a row for the Iraq and Bahrain matches. And even if Skocic did make such tactical arrangements, they certainly did not pan out. Our worst half of football maybe ever against bahrain, and then a second half vs Iraq that he publicly said did not meet his expectations/tactical plan at all. Add to that the fact this team has zero preparation, lack of playing time together in past couple years, etc and I think one one of the reasons we were successful was that Skocic did not overload the players with tactical information and simply preferred to trust/rely on their superior footballing ability to win the matches.

And Lastly I am not sure what the surprise is. The guy is visibly still bothered that we let CQ go. CQ is responsible for his career trajectory and the fact he plays for one of the top 8 teams in europe right now and has a key role...The same can be said for many guys on TM that CQ introduced and got the best of when nobody else believed in them in many cases. We let a gem go and our best players who are exposed to the highest levels of international coaching think it was a mistake. Maybe they know a thing or two more than some Perspolis or Esteghlal fans whose feelings were hurt by CQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaz110 View Post
        Great podcast! love their work.
        Much appreciated mate
        golbezanpodcast.com
        twitter.com/GolBezan
        instagram.com/GolBezan
        youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

Fantastic to see Taremi give such an open and honest interview. The players and the fans deserve soo much better

Comment

If the whole team loves CQ its a shame IFF didnt or could not bring him back.

Now i have seen a source and with my own eyes, it really seems Taremi doesnt think too much of skocic.

Comment

Persepolis fans are one of the main reasons we don’t have CQ - due to CQ dispute with Branko. Esteghlal fans are huge fans of CQ.

Comment

Originally posted by AM_89 View Post
                Persepolis fans are one of the main reasons we don’t have CQ - due to CQ dispute with Branko. Esteghlal fans are huge fans of CQ.
                As if someone in Iran cared about the Fans, CQ stands up against unjustice in Football matters, thats why IR or IFF doesnt wanted him back, im sure he would love to be Irans coach again.
                Skocic is a small coach, i like him alot but he has to accept what he gets,he cant stand against IFF like CQ many times did.

Comment

Originally posted by AM_89 View Post
                  Its cyclical. In 2014, Esteghlal fans hated CQ. Let's not make this a club thing.

The main reason we don't have CQ is the sports ministry and the incompetence of Taj and Co.

Comment

honestly this crap about CQ should be nipped in the bud. CQ is gone and that era is over. What is the point constantly talking about it other than destabilising TM?
                    هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                    نگاه میکنید.
                    sigpic
                    I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                      Its cyclical. In 2014, Esteghlal fans hated CQ. Let's not make this a club thing.

The main reason we don't have CQ is the sports ministry and the incompetence of Taj and Co.
                      Absolutely. I love persepolis and esteghlal. both are amazing clubs. what I meant by "persepolis" fans are those ultra ones on IG etc. all clubs have the crazy ultras that ruin their club's reputation.

Comment

Ok. So Taremi who had to fought for his place in a team like Porto, who got help for CQ is not allowed to be botherd that the establishment is treating it's people like idiots? that the regime always gives it's people second or third rated shit?

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
                          Ok. So Taremi who had to fought for his place in a team like Porto, who got help for CQ is not allowed to be botherd that the establishment is treating it's people like idiots? that the regime always gives it's people second or third rated shit?
                          Body CQ did not want to extend his contract. TM was left in tatters after that conman shit bag Wilmots and nobody was interested in taking the TM helm when its chances of advancing were 50/50. Now we have a guy who is not a top manager - but no top manager was born a top manager - who has done amazingly well. He is given the chance of his life time to become a great manager at higher levels and he is not going to fuck it up for sure. Now Taremi talks about CQ because I believe he feels indebted to CQ for having paved the way for him to go to Portuguese league and doing very well there. But that is understandable however, I think he is over doing it.
                          هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                          نگاه میکنید.
                          sigpic
                          I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
                            Body CQ did not want to extend his contract. TM was left in tatters after that conman shit bag Wilmots and nobody was interested in taking the TM helm when its chances of advancing were 50/50. Now we have a guy who is not a top manager - but no top manager was born a top manager - who has done amazingly well. He is given the chance of his life time to become a great manager at higher levels and he is not going to fuck it up for sure. Now Taremi talks about CQ because I believe he feels indebted to CQ for having paved the way for him to go to Portuguese league and doing very well there. But that is understandable however, I think he is over doing it.
                            No, he talks about CQ bc he was first prompted to do so by the interviewer.

Then ofc he gives an honest answer.

Comment

^ you are right after willyboy no Iranian coach showed any interest. But TM is not a training ground either.
                              .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

What Taremi did is unprofessional and wrong. You can think of CQ as the best coach in history of soccer and you can scream it from the rooftops and say it on TV, but you don't come on TV and put down the current coach of your national team who has a record of 7-0 and who JUST renewed with IFF. What is the point of putting him down 2 months before last round of qualifications begin.
                                And he certainly put Skocic down. When asked "A lot of people think we got the wins because of the players we have and not the abilities of the technical staff", why would you smile and say "yeah"... It would have been fine to say that technical staff had very limited time with the team and did their best in their limited time, but he did not say anything supportive of technical team.
                                I think the indebtedness that he feels towards CQ and his new leadership role in TM has messed his head up.
                                If I were Taremi, I would call Skocic right now and apologize to him or otherwise, I would not be surprised if Skocic leaves him out of the team. After all, CQ would have certainly not invited a player that talked against him, ala Rahmati, early on CQ's reign.
                                I believe there is a time and place for players' revolt against a coach but it is certainly not in current situation of TM where a coach just renewed his contract after getting results. I hope Taremi does not put pressure on his buddies (Azmoun, Jahanbakhsh, Pouraliganji, etc..) to join him.

Comment

Working...
                                X