This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
    ^ I see a lot of positive in this cancelation. Brentford will have more rest and training time for the Carabao Cup semifinal match vs Tottenham on Tuesday 1/5/20.

Go Saman!
    Yes but it could potentially mean that their starters would be rested and therefore Saman would remain on the bench :/

Hope I'm wrong!

Comment

EFL Carabao Cup match Tottenham vs. Brentford on Tues, Jan. 5th. For US viewers, broadcast starts at 11:30am PST on WatchESPN.com (ESPN+ subscription required).

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
        Yes but it could potentially mean that their starters would be rested and therefore Saman would remain on the bench :/

Hope I'm wrong!
        Of course that's one possibility. Another one could be that Frank sees Saman fit for big games considering his experience in WC and EL and he will start against Tottenham.

Go Saman!

Comment

If they play their first XI Saman won't start but I think he'll rotate at least a little which should mean Ghoddos starts.

Comment

Game seems to be postponed

Comment

Originally posted by Iman_Joon View Post
              Game seems to be postponed
              Scroll back 1 page mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                If they play their first XI Saman won't start but I think he'll rotate at least a little which should mean Ghoddos starts.
                I said the above thinking the Boro game was a league game but I've just seen it's an FA Cup game so I'd be very surprised to see Saman start tomorrow.

Comment

I said the above thinking the Boro game was a league game but I've just seen it's an FA Cup game so I'd be very surprised to see Saman start tomorrow.
                  Haji, it's a league cup (not FA) game. Still wouldn't count on him starting since it's the semi-finals. Probably see the regular starters.

edit: nevermind, I can't read.
                  Last edited by The; 01-04-2021, 08:57 AM.

Comment

No, I was talking about their Boro game on Saturday which is an FA Cup game. If they had a league game this weekend I could imagine a little bit of rotation tomorrow but as it is, Saman should be guaranteed the start on Saturday at least as they'll rotate fully for that.

Comment

No, I was talking about their Boro game on Saturday which is an FA Cup game. If they had a league game this weekend I could imagine a little bit of rotation tomorrow but as it is, Saman should be guaranteed the start on Saturday at least as they'll rotate fully for that.
                      Oh I see, my bad.

Comment

I think Saman will start against Tottenham tomorrow. I think Frank sees him as someone who could handle big games. Remember his amazing performance and the two assists against Arsenal in EL round of 32 on February 22, 2018? Arsene Wenger was full of his praise. More importantly I will never forget that Saman is the one who caused the foul and free kick that gave TM the victory against Morocco, I was there in the stands! Saman will not be intimidated if he starts against Tottenham in the Carabao Cup semifinal tomorrow and he will perform.

Go Saman!

Comment

I think Saman will start against Tottenham tomorrow. I think Frank sees him as someone who could handle big games. Remember his amazing performance and the two assists against Arsenal in EL round of 32 on February 22, 2018? Arsene Wenger was full of his praise. More importantly I will never forget that Saman is the one who caused the foul and free kick that gave TM the victory against Morocco, I was there in the stands! Saman will not be intimidated if he starts against Tottenham in the Carabao Cup semifinal tomorrow and he will perform.

Go Saman!
                          yeup he sure aint fazed by the big games and football occasions and the hype of such doesnt really affect his tremendous confidence in himself and he is very likely to live up to his billing if given the starting nod..! however im not so sure he's quiet there fitness wise to keep up with the likely maddening fast initial 30 min pace of such a fixture ..? i feel like he'd be better used as an impact sub early in 2nd half to run out against tired legs..!!?
                          off course im hoping and rooting for his start in this marquee matchup and definitely dont want to see him get glued to the bench till the trash few minutes before the ending whistle...!

Comment

The EFL has agreed to increase the number of substitutes permitted to be used in this season’s Carabao Cup Semi-Finals and Final.

Following consultation with the four Clubs remaining in the competition, nine substitutes can now be named in the matchday squad, with five permitted to take to the pitch during the 90 minutes and extra time if applicable.

Good news for Saman for some playing time. Best of luck to the Bees!

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/januar...-substitutions

Comment

Go Saman!
                              He doesn't have those typical Iranian nervous genes that somehow plague us in big games like against Japan in the Asia Cup and against Spain or Portugal in the WC in 2018.

Really hope he can start and finally make an impact against the Spurs today!

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                                He doesn't have those typical Iranian nervous genes that somehow plague us in big games like against Japan in the Asia Cup and against Spain or Portugal in the WC in 2018.
                                Really hope he can start and finally make an impact against the Spurs today!
                                Clearly not a genetic issue, as Saman is "fully" Iranian. But I do think growing up in Europe allows him to avoid what you're talking about (it's more cultural for Iranians to be self-defeating and under-confident). The same was true with Ashkan. He went toe-to-toe with Argentina and almost scored a header lob over the goalie. They have a knack for remaining cool and collected under the worse conditions.

Comment

Working...
                                X