Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghoddos off at 73rd min, they needed a change but I don't know why he was taken off though as I felt a few others weren't up to speed.

Comment

Game finished 2-0.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
        Barnsley are 1-0 up. No stream I can find , annoyed that Sky Sports aren’t showing it as it’s the only Championship game today.
        because of $$ off course ..!:/ EPL want$ all the glory ..!?
        Didn’t watch but sounds like he played well despite the loss ..!?
        That was a long asss streak of no losses they had prior to today !?
        Don’t recall any championship side ever managed that before ?

Comment

At the risk of opening up a political debate on the merits of BLM (not like us to bring politics into football threads), I was unaware of this.

I'm surprised it took so long for someone to make a stand (excuse the pun).

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
            At the risk of opening up a political debate on the merits of BLM (not like us to bring politics into football threads), I was unaware of this.

I'm surprised it took so long for someone to make a stand (excuse the pun).
            I mentioned in January how the FA were milking the whole BLM and taking a knee movement and using it for their own benefits and it seems like the Brentford players and staff at least also agree that what started off as potentially a good thing to do and raise awareness has all but lost its meaning and effect. But as I've said before, the FA being the corrupt organisation fails to see this and it's down to the players and teams now to make a stand themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by mattigil View Post
              I mentioned in January how the FA were milking the whole BLM and taking a knee movement and using it for their own benefits and it seems like the Brentford players and staff at least also agree that what started off as potentially a good thing to do and raise awareness has all but lost its meaning and effect. But as I've said before, the FA being the corrupt organisation fails to see this and it's down to the players and teams now to make a stand themselves.
              There's a 6 part series on Iplayer right now called "Can't get you out of my head" which explores this in a broader sense. Basically all revolutionary and civil right movements of the 20th and 21st century eventually get hijacked by those in power to either make money from or launder their reputation through.

Respect to Brentford players for doing what they can to stop this.

Comment

I won’t bring my views on this matter into this discussion (mainly because of the amount of Politics essays I have to do at the moment, so it is nice to take a break from it) but I did notice that in a game a couple of weeks ago that all Brentford players took the knee apart from Toney.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                  I won’t bring my views on this matter into this discussion (mainly because of the amount of Politics essays I have to do at the moment, so it is nice to take a break from it) but I did notice that in a game a couple of weeks ago that all Brentford players took the knee apart from Toney.
                  Wasn’t Saman another who didn’t kneel too & was given shitt for it ..!?

Personally, don’t mind repeated attention brought on to the matter through kneeling or whatever ..!? I think for us oldies, it’s still sorta of a needed reminder, especially so in a traditionally super racist whiteeez country like England..!
                  Out in the US I’ve noticed my kids have very little if any naturally inspired raciest tendencies while I myself can’t honestly claim to be same ..!
                  Like I still have much reservations about my daughter’s dating or have in any shape or manor a romantic relationship with a black kid ..!
                  & I consider myself far from a racist person ... being godfather to 3 black siblings of my good friend & probably over 70% of my tenants & employees over the years have been blacks & have always had good relationships with & well in tune with their general culture having attended a 97% black high school & lived & worked in the mostly black hoods of Kc for 30+ years...!

Comment

He should take the knee and they should all continue to take the knee. I don't care that some opportunists and the greed in the system has tried and will try to hijack the movement and find an easy way out on the cheap side as Martin Luther King Jr said in his book "Where Do We Go From Here". It's a solidarity gesture that is very important and should be here to stay. Opportunists will always be there and we don't need to modify our actions based on their agenda. Progressives and racial justice activists should continue on their path and use relevant powerful gestures with steadfastness regardless. If Saman did not take a knee, I am sorry he didn't and its probably a good idea for him to remember all the racism he faced growing up in Sweden as a person of color ... and yes people from the southwest Asia and north Africa are considered people of color.

Go Saman!

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                      He should take the knee and they should all continue to take the knee. I don't care that some opportunists and the greed in the system has tried and will try to hijack the movement and find an easy way out on the cheap side as Martin Luther King Jr said in his book "Where Do We Go From Here". It's a solidarity gesture that is very important and should be here to stay. Opportunists will always be there and we don't need to modify our actions based on their agenda. Progressives and racial justice activists should continue on their path and use relevant powerful gestures with steadfastness regardless. If Saman did not take a knee, I am sorry he didn't and its probably a good idea for him to remember all the racism he faced growing up in Sweden as a person of color ... and yes people from the southwest Asia and north Africa are considered people of color.

Go Saman!
                      Couldn't agree more!

Comment

Comment

Figured he’d get benched in favor of Fosu today ..!
                          Was hoping he’d start, so I can watch this game ahead of the big CL clash ..!

Comment

He probs requested to sit this one out so he could catch the first half of Mehdi.

Comment

Isn’t this game an hour prior to Mehdi game !?

Comment

Yep game kicks off an hour before Porto one.

Looking at the Brentford bench I can definitely see him getting game time, with the amount of subs they have on team sheet seems as if there is some injury worries or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X