This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taremi, the first goal for FC Porto and the prize: "I want more of these"

Forward made his debut for FC Porto in the 3-1 win over Portimonense.

First goal? "Firstly, thanks to all the fans, to all the technical staff and colleagues. Thank you very much for everything. Secondly, I am very, very happy to have scored and helped the team to win. We will do our best in the future to meet to the desire of our supporters ".

FC Porto MVP award? "It is a pride for me because FC Porto is a great club. I am very happy to be here and I want more of these things for me, for the team too. All together, I hope to do the best".

Tiredness: "We did a great job. We are a little tired from the succession of games, but we were fine. We are a little tired, some mistakes are normal. But it was not bad".

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-13013703.html

Comment

Taremi's rating and analysis by GoalPoint.pt (second only to Sergio!).

Taremi 7.1 - He demonstrated that he needs more minutes and it is starting to be difficult to explain why he is not a starter. He entered the phase of greatest distress of the team, it was crucial thanks to his presence in the opponent's area and his ability to finish. Of the two shots he made, he scored a goal and helped defend with five possession recoveries.

https://goalpoint.pt/porto-portimone...s-202021_98966

Comment

Monumental moment in his Porto career and it's all looking very promising now.

If I see him starting in CL KO round, I may well cry genuine tears of joy like the absolute loser I am. What's the history with Iranians playing past the group stages, I assume just Daei and no Karimi?

Comment

I was busy with other commitments today and could not watch the match. I just saw the highlights and read the posts here. Wow! This was a breakthrough match for Mehdi at Porto! I am standing for him to get many more minutes and many more goals. Love the dynamic with his teammates.

Go Taremi!

Comment

SC's days are numbered...

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post

If I see him starting in CL KO round, I may well cry genuine tears of joy like the absolute loser I am. What's the history with Iranians playing past the group stages, I assume just Daei and no Karimi?
              Daei was on bench UCL final 1999 Bayern vs ManUtd...coach never subbed him in they were up 1-0 then in dying min ManUtd scored 2 to win it. Daei and all of us were pissed...i had a feeling he would score but we never saw

Karimi also played CL with Bayern and Schalke

Comment

Back on the cover of Portuguese football mags like the champ he is!

Some others

Comment

Taremi the goal hunter is very easy to have a chemistry with. He has it with almost every player he partners upfront in any team he plays. He is also great with Azmun.
                  هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                  نگاه میکنید.
                  sigpic
                  I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Apparently Mehdi declined invitation to TM as he said he was delayed last time and suffered as the result to establish himself in his club. I fully understand and support him in these horrible times with Covid virus, travelling difficulties and all that. I suppose ARJ and Azmun might be in the same situation. But glad that we have such a great pool of players that can fill their place and perhaps show the world that we have a lot to say in the football world.
                    هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                    نگاه میکنید.
                    sigpic
                    I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

is a good move he stay in porto, btw taremi name on his jersey is mehdi correct?

Comment

marega is also staying with the team during the break. its not unlikely porto will use this time to work on the 4-4-2 with marega and mehdi

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post

AK8 got few minutes (10-15?)off the bench for Schalke vs Inter, pretty sure it was passed the group stage ...! and he looked damn sharp too .... like a fking veteran EU competitions boss ..!
                          his situation at schalke was yet another example shittt going south with coach and our players never getting a fair chance to prove their full worth as a result.
                          His former coach at Byern Magath offered him a short contract outa of the blue, mostly as a last resort cheap transfer to help save his own job at Schalke, but under pressure Felix magath couldnt retain his job and was fired shortly ensuing AK8's move and the replacement coach obviously refused to play him in league matches .... regardless he proved his quality in trainings and Raul (Ex Los Blancos Legend) who was shalke's marquee star player at that time, even commented about AK8s caliber and class as a footballer and experessed his surprise of not having heard much of him prior ..!

shalke couldnt hold possession in MF and were cruising towards a certain defeat vs Inter in CL play-off match when the coach brought on AK8 as a last ditch effort and they still lost and exited the competition..!!

Still to Date imo, AK8 simply the Highest Caliber and Class Iranian Footballer i had a pleasure of following .... his off the pitch antics though...!! it was certainly a mixed bag ..!

Comment

Brb off to view some AK8 videos on youtube with some baby oil to hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                              marega is also staying with the team during the break. its not unlikely porto will use this time to work on the 4-4-2 with marega and mehdi
                              i think the two of them could make for deadly duo up front ... especially in the league for Porto..!!

ps
                              as a note, in the past Marega has been the subject of much racial abuse in Portugal football and his rather defiant and in your face attitude towards the fans who have subjected him to those ugly insults, has incited further hate...!! so at least some of those loud mouths on social media who are demanding his benching in favor of Mehdi arent really as big of Taremi fans as they pretend to be and more that of a Marega haters..!! many of them may not even be Porto fans ...? just trying to stir up shittt for the club..?? ha ha

Comment

I think the two could be really good together.

Marega can definitely play quick passes to mehdi and act like the target man to knock down crosses and balls for taremi, his hold up play is pretty good and marega actually puts in a TON of defensive work.

So while he is limited as a lone striker, I think he's a very good support striker and team player.

Taremi, Marega, and Oliveira definitely had a good understanding between them and the best sign for me IMHO was seeing that marega was the player who was the happiest when taremi scores.
                                AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Working...
                                X