This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
    The good thing is that since he has to miss the first Chelsea game, he is very likely to get 90 more minutes next weekend. He has to redeem himself there. Good game and he'll guarantee himself a start on the return leg of Chelsea. He also need to look less devested after he misses a scoring opportunity.
    That melodramatic reaction after missing an opportunity seems to be a middle-eastern trait. He needs to stop that.
    هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
    نگاه میکنید.
    sigpic
    I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Taremi went blank again and lives the biggest fast of his career

Iranian striker had never been nine games without scoring in the national team or in the clubs he represented.

Taremi went blank again in the game against Santa Clara and is going through the biggest fast of his career. Between games for FC Porto and the Iran national team, the striker has been in nine consecutive matches without scoring. And yesterday, it was not for lack of occasions: he had two opportunities to undo the Santa Clara goalkeeper, both in the second half, but he shot out, confirming the bad phase he is going through. In compensation, it was he who won the penalty from Sérgio Oliveira to make the first goal of the game.

The 28-year-old Iranian international [played Syria in the middle of the week], played before in his native country, in Qatar and on Rio Ave, before reaching the Dragon, but has never experienced such a drought of goals. Last season, at Rio Ave, the maximum was five games without winning.

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-13531775.html

Comment

SC had the full squad in training today for preparation against Chelsea.

Porto will be missing Sérgio Olivera and Taremi for the first leg through suspension.

Comment

Interested to see how Chelsea line up. Pulisic went off injured in the West Brom match so don’t think he will feature. Chillwell has played against the bigger teams so he will start, Ziyech came off early too against West Brom so I think he will start. With Thiago Silva being suspended for the next Prem league game I think he will start too and not sure on Rudiger (rumours of him being involved in a training ground incident). Mount will definitely start and Kante too (Jorginho’s mistakes led to the first three West Brom goals).
          Havertz came on as sub in the game on the weekend and Werner seems like he will be given more chances by Tuchel so I expect them both to start. Although Giroud may be used due to his physicality against the Porto central defence.
          I think they will be two low scoring legs and can see whoever goes through either doing it on away goals or by one goal (It will probably be 7-5 now or something).

Edit - apologies , Kante is a doubt for the game.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
              yeah Taremi and Oliveira have plenty of time to sit down and work out who owes who how many assists and goals
              هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
              نگاه میکنید.
              sigpic
              I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Sporting tied today. Porto in second and now only 8 points behind.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                  Sporting tied today. Porto in second and now only 8 points behind.
                  Great News. Akhe bezane in Porto baz emsalam last minute bebare 😊

Comment

Porto GK Diego Costo tests positive for COVID. The rest of the team are okay and traveled as expected.

Comment

Let the mind games begin!

Conceicao wary of Chelsea backlash as Porto prepare for tinkering Tuchel

Sergio Conceicao fears Chelsea's shock loss to West Brom could work against Porto heading into the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final tie.

Chelsea had not lost under Thomas Tuchel before a stunning 5-2 home reverse on Saturday, a result that led to the Blues dropping out of the Premier League's top four.

Defender Thiago Silva was sent off shortly after his side had taken the lead against relegation-threatened opponents, with his dismissal leading to a dramatic collapse that Tuchel admitted in the aftermath was "tough to digest".

Porto, therefore, are wary of a possible backlash from that result in Seville, the venue for both games between the teams due to the travel restrictions in place during the coronavirus pandemic.

"You know that Thiago Silva was sent off in the first half and that the game had a different course," said Conceicao, whose side will be listed as the home team on Wednesday.

"Chelsea until this last game had been extremely competent, they have not lost a game in the Champions League. They are a competent team, and when these defeats happen, it serves as a warning.

"If you want my opinion, I would prefer that they won the last game. These situations make the siren sound and make everyone more alert, more awake to danger, and I honestly don't like these defeats very much."

Rather than read too much into the West Brom game, Conceicao highlighted how Chelsea had impressively overcome Atletico Madrid in the last 16, winning both legs without conceding a goal.

He also referenced his opposite number's penchant for tinkering with tactics to suit each match situation, something he says Tuchel also did during his time in charge at Paris Saint-Germain.

"In the analysis of Chelsea, practically that last game wasn't considered," the former Portugal international said.

"There were other games that they played before that, namely those in the Champions League against Atletico Madrid, but this one [against West Brom] did not enter [our analysis].

"Tuchel is a coach who is capable of changing even if he wins, while in France he did the same at PSG. Play with two men behind the striker or play with two men in front, as in the first round with Atletico. It is up to us to analyse that dynamic.

"I saw the last game they played, but we did not present images to the players of that game."

Porto made it through to the last eight at the expense of Juventus, but veteran centre-back Pepe made clear the players will not dwell on their Turin heroics and instead focus on the task in hand - getting past Chelsea.

"The Juventus match is already in the past. This is the important one now. We must show a lot of passion and humility and work as a team," said the defender, a three-time Champions League winner during his time at Real Madrid.

"We have prepared well. Nothing is certain in football, but I hope we will be the team that our fans expect. We respect Chelsea. It will be difficult, but we want to win this tie."

https://www.livescore.com/en/news/co...0613590568746/

Comment

Mehdi and Oliveira are both to Important key players. Hopefully Porto can pull this off. I'll be happy with a 0-0 draw.

Comment

9 games left - 27 points left. 8 points DF

Sporting losing 3 games possibly against stronger sides such as braga , benefica and rio ave.

ageh aval she vaghean sporting lisbonia khodkoshi mikonand
                          Originally posted by Essi View Post
                          Great News. Akhe bezane in Porto baz emsalam last minute bebare 😊

Comment

Also for US viewers: CBS all access (AKA Paramount+; subscription required); otherwise Galavision in Spanish

Comment

Sorry if I have missed but did Mehdi and Sergio got with the team to Spain anyway? And will Porto stay there the week for the second leg?

Comment

Wow, Dont know if this was posted but for the third month in a row, Mehdi was selected as best forward in the league.

Comment

Working...
                                X