This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diz View Post
    It was also so powerful that it continued into the net, despite the keeper getting both hands on it.
    that looked more like an embarrassing Failed attempt to palm the ball over the bar by the keeper...!?
    oliverio does have a good shooting technique ... makes good contact with sweet spot of the ball often on his shots and generates good bit of velocity on his shots ... however a better keeper woulda easily punch that shot right back to the sender or possibly grabbed it like it aint no thang if it was Amir..!!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
      that looked more like an embarrassing Failed attempt to palm the ball over the bar by the keeper...!?
      oliverio does have a good shooting technique ... makes good contact with sweet spot of the ball often on his shots and generates good bit of velocity on his shots ... however a better keeper woulda easily punch that shot right back to the sender or possibly grabbed it like it aint no thang if it was Amir..!!
      Hard to say for sure, but I actually thought he was trying to just stop the ball in its tracks and allow to fall in front of him. Instead, the ball kept moving passed him. He managed to re-direct it just above him so it would be out of his reach =)

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
        It was also so powerful that it continued into the net, despite the keeper getting both hands on it.
        My take as a former goalie that has let in similar goals was that the keeper was a couple of steps off his lines. Unless you are 7 ft tall or have a stronger punch, you would struggle to tip these shots over the bar. I’m not sure but maybe Sergio saw him off his lines?
        sigpic
        Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

I am begining to believe Taremi's incredible vision is no fluke. From the moment he received the ball in the 18 yards, he had a plan. He gets the ball passes the defenders takes it out of the 18 yards, the ball falls in front of Uribe ( I think it was him) but he doesn't let him have the ball and decisively takes the ball and pass to Oliveira and immediately starts to run for the rebound. All of this happens in a few seconds. That shows how sharp his mind is. No wonder all managers in the league voted him best forward three times in a row.
          هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
          نگاه میکنید.
          sigpic
          I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Braga tied Famalicao today, giving Porto a little breathing room (who are now in second and still 10 points behind sporting)

Comment

The trio of Sergio, Marega, Taremi involved in 75% of the goals.
              -A Bola

Comment

I vote we make Marchesin an honorary Iranian.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                  of the teams our guys play for the two players who dont actually play for their own national teams that in a purely paralell universe would be sick for us are Marchesin and Morioka

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                    I honestly love Marchesin. He’s so underrated and always seems to show up in big moments. Love the guy. I hope Argentina gives him another chance. He truly deserves it

Comment

Porto working very hard to keep this core group of players and SC together. Good news for Mehdi as he continues to be a major component of this winning club.

Comment

Nice article about MT9

https://www.planetfootball.com/in-de...mpions-league/
                        Mehdi Taremi: The long road from the Persian Gulf to the Champions League
                        IN DEPTH
                        هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                        نگاه میکنید.
                        sigpic
                        I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Comment

Porto actually lucked out with away game in return leg.

That gives them chance to make away goal advantage.

First game no mehdi and sergio will be tough. They will need to park bus but still retain a threat on the break so chelsea have some doubts/things to worry about and cant just bombard them for 90 mins. Although tuchel has done magnificent, especialyl solidifying team defensively, draws vs leeds and southampton show that they can be contained if teams adopt combo of sitting deep + threatening on break to relieve pressure.

For this game plan Luis Diaz speed and dribbling ability is key. So is adding an additional player in midfield line since sergio basically does work of 2 people usually. If they can manage an 0-0, 1-0 W, or even 1-0 L then they still have decent chances in second leg at the bridge (obviously they will still be heavy underdogs, but with taremi + sergio back they can score at least one)

I think we will see:

Marche
                            Manafa-Mbemba-Pepe-Zaidu
                            Otavio---Uribe--Grujic
                            Corona--Marega--Diaz

Comment

Did porto appeal to cancel taremi's suspension?

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                                Porto actually lucked out with away game in return leg.

That gives them chance to make away goal advantage.

First game no mehdi and sergio will be tough. They will need to park bus but still retain a threat on the break so chelsea have some doubts/things to worry about and cant just bombard them for 90 mins. Although tuchel has done magnificent, especialyl solidifying team defensively, draws vs leeds and southampton show that they can be contained if teams adopt combo of sitting deep + threatening on break to relieve pressure.

For this game plan Luis Diaz speed and dribbling ability is key. So is adding an additional player in midfield line since sergio basically does work of 2 people usually. If they can manage an 0-0, 1-0 W, or even 1-0 L then they still have decent chances in second leg at the bridge (obviously they will still be heavy underdogs, but with taremi + sergio back they can score at least one)

I think we will see:

Marche
                                Manafa-Mbemba-Pepe-Zaidu
                                Otavio---Uribe--Grujic
                                Corona--Marega--Diaz
                                I agree with your lineup i think that would be scary enough to hit chelsea on the break especially if their wingbacks are pushed up.
                                Porto need to make sure they keep things tight between the lines thats something Chelsea exploited really well against Atleti with penetrating dribbles. I think they should play it rough and hit them with some physicality and fouls early on to make the players wary of trying that and to hold off for potentially a late counter attacking winner.

Really wish that cards from the R16 were cleaned off the slate so that these fixtures would be played at full strength. Its bad enough having to play with 10 men but to miss the next match over something as stupid as a ball punt is ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X