Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This man deserves a statue at Dragao. He looks like he went through the gates of hell and back. He played his heart out at his age.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
      Please tell me Marchesin got MOTM.
      No.
      Quadrado

Marche didnt even get the third or fourth !!
      maybe becoz he conceded 3. But somehow they didnt count the 5 100% shots he saved

Idiotic UEFA

Comment

and for our few halgir members super worried (as always) about porto fans attacking mehdi you can see virtually all their comments under his latest twitter post are positive and telling him to forget about it and that they are in the next round bc of him.
        one ex of many...

translation :YOU ARE HUGE. YOU WILL GIVE US SO MUCH JOY !! RAISE THE TAREGOL HEAD

So you can rest easy ok?

Comment

Comment

"A strong image at the end of Juventus-FC Porto: Taremi crying"

Taremi kicked the ball after the referee whistled Marega for a foul and saw the second yellow card, ending up expelled in the 53rd minute after having seen the first yellow two minutes earlier. At the end of the game, the striker could not stand the emotion and ended up crying on the pitch. One of the most striking images, shows Taremi crying and being comforted by Sérgio Conceição

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-13438557.html

Comment

The ancient Romans made beautiful statues of their conquered foes, often depicting them as strong, yet defeated/wounded in battle (here's one called the "Dying Gaul")

Couldn't help but think of that when I saw this image of Ronaldo. As much as I don't like him, CR7 was the worthiest opponent for Porto. To have neutralized him and kept him to 0 goals in two back to back matches in UCL is a huge victory in and of itself.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                "A strong image at the end of Juventus-FC Porto: Taremi crying"

Taremi kicked the ball after the referee whistled Marega for a foul and saw the second yellow card, ending up expelled in the 53rd minute after having seen the first yellow two minutes earlier. At the end of the game, the striker could not stand the emotion and ended up crying on the pitch. One of the most striking images, shows Taremi crying and being comforted by Sérgio Conceição

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-13438557.html
                The report you posted is very professional and positive journalism.

Look at how Goal.com wrote their article.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/ronaldo...m1bk7h53aqbqxw

”Then, after Medhi Taremi had been stupidly sent off for booting the ball away while already on a booking..”.

The unprofessionalism... Calling Taremi stupid while spelling his name wrong.
                #BanNoorafkan

Comment

SC is just a big teddy bear at heart. I must admit I doubted his attitude at beginning of season , unfairly . But over the last couple of months I have been impressed with how much he has his players backs. When Nanu was injured you saw how much he cared , when he celebrated with his son before the goal was disallowed and this image tonight with Taremi. Got a new found love for the guy.

Also to Preezy , I have never been impressed with Goal.com , there journalism is consistently lazy and just a rehash of what others have wrote. Best to stay away.

Comment

This man deserves a statue at Dragao. He looks like he went through the gates of hell and back. He played his heart out at his age.

Dadash, I used to strongly dislike Pepe because of how we was at Madrid.

Then fast forward to the World Cup. Morteza was crying and Pepe held him after 1-1 vs Portugal. He earned my respect for that class act. He was honestly a big piece for their defense that summer as well.

Pepe has also matured and he’s a fantastic CB whether or not he’s got a temper. I respect him and after today who can’t respect players like Pepe and Seyed Jalal when Porto and Persepolis need them, they’re there to bleed for their home clubs.

Comment

Marchesin should be on that graphic instead of Felipe Anderson who’s done literally nothing for Porto

Comment

Jamie Carragher, former Liverpool player and CBS commentator said after the match that the second yellow to Mehdi was uncalled for because the duration between the time the whistle went off and Mehdi's kick was only 2 seconds and it wasted 10 to 15 seconds max. I am sure if CR7 had done a similar thing, it would have not been a card. There is a general tendency for the whole apparatus of football to help big names and clubs go through since it means more revenue for the leagues and EUFA. Add to that the European bias against Iranian or southwest Asian / North African players and there is no doubt that our boy gets an unfair and harsh yellow. Of course, it all looks legal and shifts the balance to the side that will bring more TV revenue. Its a win/win for them and a lose/lose for Mehdi and likes of him. Except that in this case the valor and organization of Porto players shifted the balance back. I call it poetic justice.

Go Mehdi!
                        Go Porto!

Comment

^Mehdi was clearly signalling to the "ref" (aka Juve hack) that he didn't hear his whistle. Mehdi then clapped at his face when he showed him the red. To quote Mehdi, "This is Champions League?"

Comment

^Mehdi was clearly signalling to the "ref" (aka Juve hack) that he didn't hear his whistle. Mehdi then clapped at his face when he showed him the red. To quote Mehdi, "This is Champions League?"
                            ”dees eez champiyon league?”

Delam sookht bara Mehdi, ajab davare khengi vaghean.

Comment

https://twitter.com/omid_ostad9/stat...31827526606860

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
                                Marchesin should be on that graphic instead of Felipe Anderson who’s done literally nothing for Porto
                                As you said, Marchesin was a possessed man tonight. What an underrated GK. Dude is a cat in human form.

Comment

Working...
                                X