Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a match. Taremi with the assist and then his header eventually ended with FC who got the penalty after a defensive header. Again 90 minutes of pure class and hard work by Mehdi.

It was great to see Amir play well and Alipour getting a chance. That was a good run and a decent shot by him and it wasn't that easy to score.

Three Iranians on the pitch was cool. I don't think that had ever happened in Europe.

Go Mehdi!

Comment

Originally posted by MR.ESTESNAII View Post
      Alipour could have been the man of the match ifff he hadn’t taken 19239393 minutes to kick a ball in a one on one...man the Russian commentator said abedzade every two minutes lol ...amazing to see 3 Iranians playing
      And all I heard from the Portuguese Commentator Sport 1 was Taremi

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
        Apparently SC waved Taremi off and gave the pen to Otavio because he figured Amir would know Taremi's penalties since they are compatriots... Super wack but I guess I see his point. Still super wack...
        You can make the argument the other way as well: Mehdi should have taken it as he KNOWS Amir and which way he tends to dive. Did SC bench Pepe against Ronaldo? No of course not. Mehdi should be taking these now.

Comment

Taremi should have taken the penalty!!!. Then he was the man of the match. The staff and the coach and the players knew this and they didn't want this to happen. I feel like they use TaremiThat's why they gave the penalty to otavinho. I don't understand why the son of the coach get the man of the match??? Taremi schould been more demanding en been a more asshole like the whole team. He need a big mouth to achieve his goal to go to a bigger club if he want more.

Comment

I was half working and half watching. Did Otavio take the ball from Taremi or did Taremi give him the ball? My sense was that SC wanted Taremi to take it and Taremi was about to take it and then decided that he did not want to take it, perhaps because it was against Abedzadeh. So he gave the ball to Otavio to take it and that was why SC was so steamed... Not sure at all about any of this, but that was my first impression as I was going back and forth btwn soccer and work.

Comment

I hope we can see a longer clip since the highlight doesn't contain that sequence. What I could see though in the highlights was that Mehdi didnt run to Otavio to celebrate after the PK like other who did.

He was obviously upset.

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
                I hope we can see a longer clip since the highlight doesn't contain that sequence. What I could see though in the highlights was that Mehdi didnt run to Otavio to celebrate after the PK like other who did.
                He was obviously upset.
                He did jog towards Otavio. Just arrived a bit after the other players as he was the player furthest away on the leftside of the box.
                Last edited by The; 02-22-2021, 04:42 PM.

Comment

An amazing performance by both GK in this match. Nice assist by Mehdi as well.

Porto keep their Liga NOS championship hopes alive. The Sporting match will be pivital. Expect SC and the team to throw everything they have against Sporting. It will be a "6 point" game if Porto can win and deny any points to Sporting. A win will cut Sporting's point lead to 7.

Comment

Here he is setting up the penalty. "heif shod"

Comment

So cool and proud to see three Iranians in one game. Hope they all keep improving!
                      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

bet he didn't take it cause Amir got to his head ....

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                          What a match. Taremi with the assist and then his header eventually ended with FC who got the penalty after a defensive header. Again 90 minutes of pure class and hard work by Mehdi.
                          It was great to see Amir play well and Alipour getting a chance. That was a good run and a decent shot by him and it wasn't that easy to score.
                          Three Iranians on the pitch was cool. I don't think that had ever happened in Europe.
                          Go Mehdi!
                          We've had it happen before in Belgium I believe. Charleroi vs Gent with Kaveh Rezaei, Ali Gholizadeh, and Milad Mohammadi all playing

Comment

Trying to remember if we had all four on the pitch when Eupen played Charleroi last year.

Edit - just found the team sheets and it was three players - Ezza wasn’t in the squad for both games.

Comment

Can we all thank Sahar Ghoreishi for breaking mehdi taremi's heart so he can fully concentrate on his football than dokhtar bazi (like ramin rezaian)

Joke a side one thing I noticed about mehdi is that HE IS A BEAST in the air. I've been concenrating on mehdi's battle in the air and In one game he won almost 100% of the battles in the air. even in yesterdays 2nd goal it was mehdi's header that reach to Conceicao.

Maybe skocic should consider this in physical games against Iraq and bahrain.

Comment

We could put the penalty taker saga vs Maritimo to rest with this story. According to Varzesh3, Mehdi was supposed to take the penalty. SC yelled at Otavio telling him to pay attention to the deflection for a second try if Abedz blocks it. Otavio thought SC means take the penalty. I guess Otavio just misheard SC and contrary to the title of the attached article there should not be a translation issue between SC and Otavio since the latter is from Brazil and speaks Portuguese. Of course there is an accent difference and even certain words maybe used in different contexts similar to British and US English. Either way, according to this article, SC wanted Mehdi to take it. In the end, its a moot point and what matters is that Porto won (from Medhi's perspective of course and not from Abedz's and Alipour's). https://www.varzesh3.com/news/173952...AC%D9%85%D9%87

Go Mehdi!

Comment

Working...
                                X