This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattigil View Post
    That shows Mehdi is below Otavio in the pecking order? Or just a way to try and get Otavio to stay and sign a contract? Who knows...
    Who knows what kind of bonuses these guys have in their contracts.

Comment

I wonder who made that call, looked like there was some arguing between SC and Oliveira

Comment

probably Mehdi misunderstood or tried to taroff

Comment

By that logic if Porto were to play Barcelona and Barca got a PK they wouldn’t want Messi taking it? Lmao what a joke

Comment

Huge 3 points for Porto. Not even gonna lie i was holding my breath when Mehdi stepped up, last thing i would've wanted was for him to lose some rep by missing the game winner.

Comment

I thought it was interesting when cameras showed the bench and SG when otavio took the ball from Mehdi they were all getting pissed especially his buddy olivieira who usually takes them. Hopefully otavio gets lit up by SG in the locker room
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Under Lahaf View Post
                probably Mehdi misunderstood or tried to taroff
                *Taremi about to take the penalty but sees Otavio coming behind him*

"No ez okay berfarma you can take it agha Otavio"

Otavio: "Really? Okay then!"

Comment

all right porto 44 points and 1 point ahead of Braga

Comment

10 points behind Sporting though. I think Sporting has it wrapped up.

Comment

JR concesqua was great..!
                      porto pulled this win outa their asss ...! nearly lost the league title once and for all..!!?

Amir was phenomenal and kept Maritomo in the game for the longest time. ... couldnt really do much on the goals..!!

wtf though Mehdi shoulda scored that pk..!! he looked a bit tired today and not his usual sharp best in the 2nd half ... i hope he can refresh himself for the return tie vs the old lady..!!

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                        Huge 3 points for Porto. Not even gonna lie i was holding my breath when Mehdi stepped up, last thing i would've wanted was for him to lose some rep by missing the game winner.
                        Same here. I left the room when Mehdi was preparing the PK and guess what, when I came back I saw Otavio celebrating then I thought, damn Mehdi must have missed the kick and Otavio scored the rebound lol

Comment

the pk scene itself came from initial great aeria win by taremi to keep ball alive.

Not his best game today but in general porto struggle in these types of matches.

They lack a truly technical playmaker/CM. Sergio and Uribe are both solid players, both have great engines, run like animals, have strong physicality and solid fundamentals. They can fulfill their roles perfectly when the team has to do a lot of work without the ball or rely more (but not exclusively) on transitions.

But when confronted with packed defenses they have little ideas. Sergio kept giving terrible long balls to maritimo defenders, uribe similarly did nothing of note. SC saw that and changed system, introduced his kid and otavio who made some difference, but again neither are the type of dependable playmaker you truly need through the middle. In the past Porto have had the like of James, Moutinho filling that role so the dropoff is big and definitely hard to compensate in these sort of matches.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                            10 points behind Sporting though. I think Sporting has it wrapped up.
                            They still have one head2head next weekend.

Comment

I was surprised when I saw the team sheet as I thought this is the game they could potentially give Mehdi a rest with Sporting and Juventus coming up next games. Just shows how important he is to this team , probably their most important player, not subbed off as well even for a rest, like they did with Olivieira.

He played ok, Abedzadeh good save from his chance. His link up play was brilliant , came deep to do it too and he won some free kicks in great positions that were wasted.

Thank you those who explained what happened with the penalty, was definitely some differences on the bench who they thought should take it. When it was Otavio taking it then I wanted Amir to save it , was hoping for some of his trash talking but didn’t see it.

How commanding is Amir by the way, took control of his box , shouts at his defence. Honestly I really like him as a goalie , yes he can be a bit rash at times but this guy didn’t play regular first team football until couple of years back and has come on so strong. He plays in one of the worst teams in the league and has a lot of shots against him so yes there will be the odd mistake but i really rate him.

Comment

Alipour could have been the man of the match ifff he hadn’t taken 19239393 minutes to kick a ball in a one on one...man the Russian commentator said abedzade every two minutes lol ...amazing to see 3 Iranians playing

Comment

Working...
                                X