This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
    To be fair, he has improved immensely. There were a good amount if times that he missed sitters and made questionable decisions, but his finishing touches are now clinical and his vision is outstanding.
    To be fair he is still not fully clinical. From time to time he still pulls his old “Taremi misses” [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
      To be fair he is still not fully clinical. From time to time he still pulls his old “Taremi misses” [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

haha Ok, the number of missed sitters has lowered significantly.

I wonder if in his current form, he would've buried that opportunity he had against Portugal in WC2018...

Comment

The president conference after the match.
        NEWSFC PORTO“STOP BELITTLING THE EFFORT OF THE PLAYERS, COACHES AND FANS OF FC PORTO”
        FEBRUARY 10, 2021 11:20 PMJorge Nuno Pinto da Costa was at the press room after the match that opposed SC Braga and FC Porto, in the first leg of the semi-finals of the Portuguese Cup
        The match between SC Braga and FC Porto, for the first leg of the semi-finals of the Portuguese Cup, ended in a 1-1 tie. After the match at Estádio Municipal de Braga, Jorge Nuno Pinto da Costa felt the need to go to the press room, due to the constant harmful refereeing FC Porto has been suffering in recent matches. The shameful red card shown to Luis Díaz, in a perfectly normal play, despite the regretful injury of David Carmo, is the most recent example for the blue and whites: “I ask that all FC Porto fans and supporters remain calm, as we will not be broken. We will not be broken like this, with all that has been happening in our matches, with this refereeing. We will not be broken”, the chairman stated, among other things.
        Sympathy for the injury sustained by David Carmo
        “First of all, I want to show my sympathy for the injury that the player sustained, and, on behalf of all of us, wish him a quick recovery and return to football.”
        Messages and refereeing
        “I received a number of messages asking that the team left the pitch, in face of what was going on. I ask that all FC Porto fans and supporters remain calm, as we will not be broken. We will not be broken like this, with all that has been happening in our matches, with this refereeing. We will not be broken.”
        VAR Hugo Miguel
        “I want to talk only of facts and not intentions. Mister Hugo Miguel, the VAR for tonight, was the same VAR in the match FC Porto-Benfica, with this same referee. When the yellow card was shown to Mehdi Taremi, the VAR called for a red, but then disregarded every assault that occurred in that match, and that we will keep showing. Tonight, he called the referee to a casual play, that ended in a unfortunate injury, but was silent in other, more dangerous, plays. When Matheus Uribe was sent-off, he shouldn’t have been the only one with a red card.”
        Enough!
        “Enough! We want peace in football, but stop harassing and belittling the effort of the players, coaches and fans of FC Porto. I want everyone to remain calm, but enough is enough! We don’t have a Secretary of State for Sports in this country, so I can’t call to the Government or the authorities. The Secretary of State for Sports either passed away or abandoned his post. There is no point in calling someone who isn’t there, but again: enough! I ask that all the blue and white fans remain calm, but enough is enough and no one will break us.”
        هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
        نگاه میکنید.
        sigpic
        I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Didn't Rahman Rezaei get the nickname "the flying carpet" while playing in Italy?
          As mentioned by Diz that was Mahdavikia's nickname. Rezaei was called the minister of defense

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
            Question : how big of an influence was CQ to Taremi
            he motivated him to go to Portugal if that's your question. Bu on the other hand was he also the reason he went to play for the Arabs?

He definitely didn't teach him how to play football, influence his speed, height, skills, vision, work ethic, etc. at most he taught him some tactical principles.

Comment

If there is any doubt about CQ's influence on Taremi's decision to come to Portugal, watch this (starting at 2:00):

Comment

haha Ok, the number of missed sitters has lowered significantly.

I wonder if in his current form, he would've buried that opportunity he had against Portugal in WC2018...
                if, if ,if,

one thing is certain, I have heard many ex world class strikers talk about being in form and scoring easily and not being in form and not scoring.

They all more or less say the same thing: at times the goal posts look so huge that you can't miss it and whatever you do, it succeeds. They don't have an explanation for it as they keep doing the same thing when they don't score for weeks/months at a time. They all also say the same thing about getting back in form: the coach keeping faith in them, the player self remaining calm despite the pressure and self doubt , and one lucky goal. That's usually all it takes.

Comment

NEWSFC PORTOMEHDI TAREMI NAMED PLAYER OF THE MONTH IN JANUARY
                  FEBRUARY 12, 2021 2:33 PMFC Porto’s Iranian forward was chosen by the majority of the coaches
                  Mehdi Taremi was named Player of the Month of Liga NOS in January. As usual, the nomination resulted from voting promoted by Liga Portugal, gathering the votes of the coaches of the teams in the top Portuguese division.
                  The Iranian international forward received 15% of the votes, beating the competition of Pedro Porro (11%), from Sporting, and Stephen Eustáquio (9%), from Paços de Ferreira.
                  In the first month of 2021, Mehdi Taremi scored three goals in the championship: two in the beating to Famalicão (4-1) and the decisive goal against Farense (1-0). The blue and white number 9 is second in the list of top scorers in the league, along with his team mate Sérgio Oliveira, both with eight goals scored in the main national competition.
                  Mehdi Taremi, also named Best Forward of Liga NOS in January,*is on the cover of the February edition of the magazine Dragões, as he gave his first big interview since moving from Rio Ave to FC Porto, in the summer of 2020: “I did everything to be a professional player at Rio Ave, and then I came here. I had offers from Benfica and Sporting, but I chose FC Porto because this is a strong team, and more famous than Benfica in Iran. Most fans I talked to told me to sign for FC Porto and that was also my preference”, Taremi revealed.
                  Talking to Dragões, the Iranian international star admitted to be living a “dream” painted in blue and white, and even remembers the magical year of 2004: “when FC Porto won the UEFA Champions League, with Mourinho, Deco, Carvalho, Vítor Baía, Maniche... I was 12 years old, but I remember. I play since I was six years old, with my father, and I tried to watch any match from Europe that I could. I loved football”. Last summer, everything changed in his career: “My time at Rio Ave was good, but everything is different at FC Porto. It’s world class. It’s one of the best clubs in the world, and, if I end my career here, I will be able to say I fulfilled my dreams”. But the biggest of them all is “to win the Champions League”.
                  Despite being a forward, for Mehdi Taremi “it’s not important who scores, because “when someone scores, the entire team scores”. The number 9, who revealed you have to “work hard” to reach the demand of Sérgio Conceição, also reminded the victory over the Supercup, his first trophy as a Dragon: “I was happy, but I can’t settle on just that. I want to win more trophies for FC Porto. We are a world class team, and we can win any title in Portugal, because we have everything: a good coach, good players, good staff, good medical team... Everything about the club is great. We are like a family and we are united, that’s very important. That’s how it has to be, if we want to become champions. It’s not just the players that matter, it’s the entire club”.
                  In the future, Mehdi Taremi obviously wants to keep winning titles in blue and white, especially the title of national champion: “For me, it’s an important competition, different from the rest. Several players have already become champions, and the fans already celebrated that title, but I didn’t. I need to see it, what it is like to become champion for FC Porto, to see the reaction of the fans. If we win the championship this season, no one in the world will be happier than me”, the forward stated, admitting he is “eager to see the fans at Estádio do Dragão again”. In Iran, the fame is abundant and so is the passion for football: “Football in Iran is the same as here, almost everyone loves football. In a population of over 80 million people, about 60 million are football fans and follow it just like the Portuguese people. Right now, because I’m here and because there are other Iranian players, in Marítimo and Santa Clara, the fans are following the Portuguese League, and they’re happy for me”.
                  هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                  نگاه میکنید.
                  sigpic
                  I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post

Yup he is stil far from what you’d call a “clinical finisher” but his positioning sense & especially PoiseN Calm in an around the box has improved immensely since after WC 18..!
                    Off course we can’t discount the Porto affect as well. He is in the same league as last season but his supporting cast has been massively upgraded & the Porto’s overall Attacking style of play has played a role too ..! Sorta similar to Azmoun’s move from Rubin to Zenit & his ensuing exploding offensive numbers in that league.
                    Mehdi had a longer bench-warming, break in period @ Porto than Sardar @ Zenit too, otherwise his offensive figures woulda been far more attractive now & off course he doesn’t take PKs for Porto either or he probably would be leading the scorers chart otherwise ..!?

Comment

Chipping away at the lead. Let's go Mehdi!

Comment

League match vs Boavista tomorrow (Saturday) at 12:30 pm PST.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                          League match vs Boavista tomorrow (Saturday) at 12:30 pm PST.
                          Don’t mind him rested for this match with CL clash looming ..!
                          Or at least no more than 50-60 min ..!
                          Tokhmy opponent so perhaps Marega & other forwards should be able to gather the needed 3 points ..!?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Honestly out of 11 starts 8 goals + 7 assists in league games not even counting all the penalties he won is just an insane statistic. Thats a goal or assist every 64 minutes. Not counting pens.

Also his most recent braga goal means 5 goals in 5 cup games
                                Last edited by TM4LIFE; 02-12-2021, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X